“Beautiful Australian restaurant and cuisine!”
Review of Whitegrass

Whitegrass
Ranked #6 of 12,093 Restaurants in Singapore
Reviewed 23 July 2017 via mobile

One of the most amazing three course set lunches in Singapore! We had the white cut organic chicken and the slow roasted pork jowl, both of which were beautifully presented and full of umami flavour! The chocolate mousse with sour cherry ice cream dessert was absolutely delicious. We appreciated the flavourful amuse bouche and petit fours as well. The restaurant decor is cosy and exquisite without being intimidating. Overall, service was warm and friendly, and we appreciate seeing Chef Aisbett serving a few courses himself and introducing the dishes. Loved the lunch experience and will certainly be back for dinner!

Reviewed 24 June 2017

I have been to all of the Michelin starred restaurants in singapore regularly. Whitegrass delights and surprises with its service and outstanding food quality. Easily the best kept secret in town with a degustation quality on par with the likes of Andre and easily beating traditional peers like Le Amis.

Review collected in partnership with www.chope.co
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 22 June 2017 via mobile

Memorable meal!

I don't like the bread because normally I like warm bread and come as a bun or piece not a sliced one. Butter is very smooth.

I actually cannot remember all details in all dishes because it s a bit difficult to catch all what the service said by his accent and I'm not excellent in English too.

The amuse bouche was very good. There are tomatoes inside. Not sure they smoke it or not but I really like this one.

They have choices for 3 course menu. My friend and I chose different ones.

First course, my dish was chicken with artichoke and sliced scallop. It was okay. I mean not bad but not so surprised about the flavor.

But the first course of my friend was beetroot salad with smoked eel cream and cherries. This is excellent!

My second dish was grains and seed with flavors of corn, garlic, and mushroom.
The first bite, i was like wowwwwww!
I love the texture and the whole flavor.

Not sure the service explained me correctly or I might misunderstand. I think he told me the white thing on top is cheese but when I taste its milk. And i saw the menu again its crispy milk.

My friend chose fish dish. This one tastes like you Chinese steamed fish with soya sauce. We didnt expect chinese food flavor from this meal. So i shared my friend my amazing grains and corn dish.

For the dessert, lemon ice cream texture was nice and smooth.

Overall I love the food here and will come back for sure!

I'd like to take 5 course but my friend would like 3 course for lunch. But we must select the same. So i took 3 course.

I understand but there are some restaurants that let us choose different course which is good for customers cause everyone is different, right?

Reviewed 20 June 2017 via mobile

I travel sometimes for work and so find myself in places on my own a fair bit. I mix the different eating out experiences with room service when exhausted or the weather persuasive, local/street food especially in places like Singapore, and - sometimes a treat and last night was definitely a treat. More expensive than street food but - quite an experience. Each course was delicious, beautifully plated and interesting and the service was attentive but not fussy. In addition to the courses you order (3, 5 or 8) there are canapés, an amuse bouche and yummy petit fours. All in all - I would highly recommend this relatively new restaurant in Singapore whether it's a treat for just one as in my case, or with company.

3  Thank kmaway
Reviewed 19 June 2017

Upon entering the dinning hall, I was greeted by friendly staffs.

The dinning hall was nicely done up with nice ceiling and clean center piece.

The food presentation was beautiful. The soup were especially delectable and the dessert was fabulous where it incorporate Asian fruits (eg: jack fruit, young coconuts)

Review collected in partnership with www.chope.co