Boracay Mandarin Island Hotel
Coast(Boracay)
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsdon vitoambassador suitepoolside roompremier sea viewbeach fronthilot massagethe general managerfire dancerslive bandd mallthe hotel managerhotel is locatednoisy at nightbreakfast buffetoverlooking the beachpool sidenice pool
Reviewed 13 November 2017 via mobile

Perfect Holiday for my family. Our grandchildren enjoyed too. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED. Our accommodation was perfect for a family (Villa) and bahay kubo for me & my husband so quite. The price was affordable. The sévice was great. Very near to the Restaurant and beach.THANK YOU SO MUCH

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 November 2017 via mobile

This is a beautiful hotel located in station 2 where there are many restaurants, bars, activities and shopping. The hotel was beautiful and the hotel staff was very accommodating. The restaurant has a buffet breakfast that has a good selection of food. I stayed here three nights with family and enjoyed it very much. The only negative thing that I must comment on is the loud music that is playing late every night. Lots of local nightlife in this area and it can be loud late at night.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 6 November 2017 via mobile

I was happy staying in this hotel, it was my first time, I stayed for 3 nights, location is fantastic, staff are helpful from taking you from the airport until you reach the hotel, they have there own transportation and boat. Rooms are comfortable, maybe small renovation needed for the toilet, the place is totally clean and there breakfast are nice, sure I will come again for this hotel. Thanks to all the staff.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 5 November 2017

I loved Boracay! It's a bit crowded - wish I had been here before all the development. Very nice location - close to all good restaurants - right in the middle of white beach and service was incredibly friendly. Rooms are dated - but are clean and staff was beyond courteous. Don Vito breakfast was not very good - I even had to pay extra for OJ. Overall rating for this hotel is average. Hotel transfer service is very excellent too.

Room Tip: Most hotels other than Shangri-La are about the same.
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 3 November 2017

Three years ago, I had one of the best holiday experiences not only because of the interactions with friends but stayed in one of the best hotels in Boracay, Mandarin Island Hotel, “ an impressive 52 room resort boasting a modern filipino design captivating the essence of luxurious living in a tropical island setting”. Filipino hospitality was at its best and punctuated by the friendly atmosphere served by the ever helpful, jovial and courteous staff. Last month, we went back to Boracay and stayed at the same wonderful hotel. Guess what, still the same euphoria that we experienced during our first sojourn.
Staying in this hotel has its advantages and disadvantages as it is the place where the action is. People go there for the scintillating feeling of fun and enjoyment and listen/watch people frolick. As the song goes, “ Hinahanap kita Manila/Boracay, ang ingay mo kay sarap sa tainga, take me back in your arms….”. This is the essence of staying in station 2 where you lose the sense of time and imbibe in the drunken stupor of the moment. Fun is not a given but you yourself must create and fulfill it.
Going to the island takes air, sea and land transportation and yes, you have to walk to any hotel in the beach front as there are no streets fronting them. At all times, there were always staff carrying your luggage and we were never burdened by it.
As we arrived earlier than their check in time, we were politely told that our room was not ready yet. However, we were given complimentary drinks while waiting. We did not wait long and a staff fetched us from the restaurant. Our room was on the third floor with a fantastic view. Above us was the hotel’s office, but never heard any footsteps nor scampering.. In any building, time takes its toll but there is continuous work in bringing it to descent setting. The hotel provide you toiletries and towels are clean, hotel standard. Funny thing is, everyday toothbrushes, shaving kits, combs, soaps, etc are replaced! Only at this hotel, have I seen such frivolities, ie, waste! The a/c unit is above our bed so air directly blowing on us but you can turn air lower or shut it off.
I brought with me a pocket wifi but never used it since the connectivity in the building was good with the hotel’s. The IT guy even came to our room to help me set it up since I had trouble connecting - what do you expect from a 71 year old who is not tech savvy….
As it is rainy season and typhoons come and go, all the hotels along the beach front installed some kind of protection from sand, debris and the like from blowing into the hotels. That is why they have the seawall bamboo fence. As they say, customers safety first…
Mandarin Island Hotel has its own exclusive area where guests can use of their lounge chairs and umbrellas. There are always staff looking after your needs, i.e., getting beach towels, ordering drinks and even look for vendors ( selfie stick I bought ) although vendors are not permitted to sell their ware inside. These staff go out of their way to satisfy and look after the wellbeing of their guests. Kudos to them!
To be honest, we seldom ate at the restaurant since we wanted to experience eating fresh seafoods which were offered along the promenade. Nobody ever forced us into eating in their restaurants. We also have massages everyday and not used theirs. Be smart, even if you are on a holiday mood, think of how you can optimize your money’s value.
If you ask me if it was worth going back at Mandarin Island Hotel, you bet it was. Or maybe, stay in one of their new locations: Mandarin White Sands on Station 3 or the Mandarin Bay Hotel. The Mandarin Premier Group of Hotels must be doing a great jobs since they are expanding their operation just in Boracay alone. Thanks to all your staff for taking care of us!

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple