1,514 results
All reviewspandan waterindigo restaurantfoot washevian waterfoot massagecomplimentary snacksjunior suitecaticlan airportcold towelsturn down servicebreakfast buffetlittle thingsboat ridewhite beachfree shuttle serviceresort hoteljetty port
Reviewed 1 March 2010

We just returned from 5 days at Discovery Shores Resort on Boracay island in the Philippines. The hotel is located at the quieter end of White Beach but close enough that walking to "D Mall" is about 15 minutes. The sand is clean, soft and almost white.

The hotel greets you at the Kalibo airport and transports you by private taxi van to the ferry on the other side of the island. A 1 and 1/2 hours trip but interesting landscape and sights. We were again transferred to Boracay by a Discovery Shores owned smaller boat. and driven 15 minutes to the resort itself. Luggage is with you the entire time.
I have to start by giving thumbs up to Carlo, Czara, and Zak.
The room we were given was not in a location that we were happy about and they informed us that they were completely full but would try and move us. The room was lovely but located next to the childrens activity room, a staff access way was at the front door and no view- no privacy and I felt I could not have put the blinds up at any time. We told the manager that we would pay the difference for a different room. Several hour later they came to tell us that a room had opened up and that we could move. It happened to be a room that the air-condtioning had not been working but they had fixed it that afternoon. Unfortunately, after dinner and returning to our room the air was again not functioning. We informed the front desk and they again moved us even though it was to an upgraded room. Never did they charge us anything different nor did they ever seem irritated with our requests. Always a smile. So- in the first day we moved 3 times- the assistant manager Carlo and his staff were professional during the whole process.

From then on our vacation was wonderful. There are enough chaise lounges on the beach for guests or you can be by the pool. The beach staff moves umbrellas all day long to shade the guests, bring water, fruit, cucumber slices for your eyes, cold towels and ice cream during the day at no extra charges.
The breakfast buffet is fine- typical. The hotels all seem to do buffets every night. Discovery Shores' was fine- not great but not terribly expensive either. We ate in town a couple of nights too. Boracay food was fine for the price. We did not try the upscale Indigo at the hotel but the menu looked very good. Had tapas at the bar one night with drinks and they were very good and plenty.
Our room was spacious, clean and the bed was very comfortable. Lots of pillows. If we lacked something housekeeping would leave it the next time in.
Only complaints about DS is that the rooms all look in to a center area. Not one looks out over the beach. The pool is pretty simple. There are a lot of stairs. If I traveled with an elderly person this would be an issue.

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 February 2010

Very nice hotel - service was fabulous. Has a boutique-y feeling to the whole place. What sets it apart is the staff. They are all very warm and nice. They truly mean to make your stay as comfortable and memorable as you or they can make it. They were just a tad higher than the rest - and not much less than the Shangri-la. Just need to get the gym completed and they would be perfect. I would come back here anytime - convenient to "D Mall" and downtown Boracay.

Stayed: October 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 February 2010

Sugarcuppeppercup, I think it is not fair to give such review after being given what we wanted. I was also present during the wedding in Discovery Shores and there are no better words to express what my heart feel than the two simple but important words “Thank You”. It was the best wedding I ever attended. It was truly a “fabulous wedding” with the sheer professionalism besides the personal touches of the staff who went over and beyond under the heat of the sun just to make the venue extra ordinary special. The courteousness, the hospitality, and the flexibility were just extremely commendable that we were even given discount at the end.
To the staff and manager, this letter comes to you with great appreciation for all the efforts and enthusiasm. Feel free to give my Email add to any of your clients, if they seek a reference. I would be happy to tell them that they are in good hands with your service. Thanking everyone in the meanwhile and assuring that we will go back to your resort again.

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank UsGianUS
Reviewed 21 February 2010

My family and relatives attended the wedding reception of my cousin last Saturday (Feb. 20, 2010) in this hotel. It had great decors and all...everyone was enjoying not until the head waiter said that guests exceeded by 11 guests. I overheard this and told the wedding planner and all those concerned. Everyone was surprised because not all seats were taken and the food was not even half consumed. So to resolve the issue, we did a manual headcount. We were asked to sit where we originally sat. It was so humiliating! Then the manager realized that they had a mistake. The sad part was they didn't apologize and the manager was even conceited....i saw her dancing and giggling thereafter. The party was just ruined. I swore never to come back to this hotel.

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled with family
20  Thank sugarcuppeppercup
Reviewed 15 February 2010

Boracay Island is where Hawaii was in the early 1950's. Beautiful!

Stayed: April 2008, travelled with friends