I've been to Boracay a couple of times before and saw this hotel on previous trip so I decided to book it via SLH.com (better deal plus they will give you a complimentary ugrade if possible).
Location is ideal for us at the quieter end of the island but within easy walking and driving distance to the rest of the action. We were not bombarded with loud music or crowds and had a very nice stretch of beach.
Rooms are large, luxurious, and roomy. Our family and kids had no problems fittling in the room with space to spare. Amenities such as shampoos are over-size and there is plenty of complimentary water and a beautifully laid out welcome snack to greet the guest.
For a luxury hotel, food prices were similar to those on offer at nearby V-Mall and quite good. The only spoiler was the presence of flies especially during the breakfast buffet (good range) which they couldn't seem to do anything about.
Best of all, I have not come across better service than this. Discovery SPOILS its guests with attention. Discovery staff literally wait for you at the airport and drop you off at the airport. Shuttle vans are literally at the guests' beck and call during your stay. Hang around the pool/beach area long enough and you'll find yourself served with ice cold water jugs, frozen grapes, cold towels and sunglass cleaning services. Staff will periodically roam around with tidbits for guests to try out and there is a snow cone station near the pool at the time of our stay which was a hit with the kids.
If you want a good location and some pampering, this is the only place to stay. We didn't even feel the need to step outside its grounds...and that's rare for my family!
Despite the rains and closed off beaches (at times the tides go right up almost to the buildings if not right up), still one of the best stays.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discovery Shores Boracay, a sprawling beachfront property located on the unspoilt shores of Boracay Island in the Philippines, is the first luxury resort built in this majestic region. Apart from its spacious 87 all suite guestrooms and the highly-acclaimed Terra Wellness Spa overlooking the beach, Discovery Shores' facilities include the Sands Restaurant, Indigo Restaurant, Platitos, Sandbar beach bar, Sandbox kiddie lounge, a swimming pool, recreation room, an events hall and a gym. Discovery Shores is one of five properties of The Discovery Leisure Company's portfolio of distinctive hotels and resorts, and is a member of Preferred Hotels and Resorts Lifestyle Collection. The resort embodies the hallmark of the Discovery brand: personalized and innovative service dispensed round-the-clock. Guests are guaranteed an unsurpassed level of quality, service and luxury. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TravelUp, Hotels.com, Agoda, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Discovery Shores Boracay reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Discovery Shores Boracay Hotel Boracay
- Discovery Shores Hotel Boracay
- Boracay Discovery Shores Hotel