US$49
Book now, pay at stay
US$31
US$25
Agoda.com
HangOut Beach & Resort(Malay)(Great Value!)
US$27
US$12
Hotels.com
  • Restaurant
US$34
TripAdvisor
1,512 results
All reviewspandan waterindigo restaurantfoot washevian waterfoot massagejunior suitecaticlan airportturn down servicecold towelsbreakfast buffetlittle thingsboat ridewhite beachfree shuttle servicejetty portbeach barother resorts
Reviewed 6 July 2012

I just wanted to share my experience today at the spa. I have looked for a page dedicated to the spa but only found this forum.
I enjoyed a one hour facial this afternoon in the beautiful surrounds that are the Terra Spa. On entry the spa smells divine, is clean, modern and minimalist. I was greeted with a cold drink and cold hand towel while I filled in the necessary paper work. I was then introduced to the charming 'Honey' who directed me through to the facial room. The service area was again clean, fresh and expertly prepared for my treatment. Honey displayed excellent skills & knowledge. Her luxury treatment was performed with professionalism, care and concern (enquiring as to whether I was comfortable and warm/cool enough) The arm, leg and scalp massage while the mask penetrated was genuine heaven.
I teach beauty therapy in Australia and have, over 25 years had many, many facials around the world and I would not hesitate to recommend you ask for Honey when booking your treatment!
Thank you Honey - it was excellent!
May I suggest to management some signage would be helpful to naviagate to the spa area.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled solo
6  Thank kathlyn_11
Reviewed 1 July 2012

I chose this hotel based on the reviews on tripadvisor. I stayed there for 3 nights and most aspects of this hotel fell short of my expectations. Let me list out a couple of them: 1) Cleanliness - believe it or not the four towels available in the room were all stained and i nearly doubt they were washed or not. When i first enterd the room i saw two flies flying around and worse still i saw there were some complimentary puddings in the room. And my first thought was that whether i should eat them or not. 2) Services - in general the staff were unresponsive For example when i get to the front desk and asked for a map and some recommendations for activites the receptionist basically asked me to wait until she finished her chat with her colleague (which was about 2 mins). A second example was that when i walked to the beach seat area and asked for a beach towel from a staff and that staff directed me to another staff. And the worst part was that the another staff told me they were run out of beach towel. i just cant imagine the scenario in this hotel in the popular season. 3) power outage- during my last night of stay i experienced two power outages which lasted for ten minutes basically without air condition and light in the room. i just cant accept the fact that by paying a five star hotel cost i had such a terrible experience. i am greatly disappointed and it just ruined my trip.

• Stayed: June 2012
6  Thank Nairda1
Management response:Responded 3 July 2012

Dear Nairda1,

Thank you for your post.

We truly appreciate the time that you have spent to inform us about your experience.
Please be assured that your comments will be looked into and assessed with an open mind so that we can objectively determine how else we can better serve our guests.

Having said that, we sat down with our team to discuss some of the issues you raised and found that

- In the event of a power outage in the island, our gen set will activate in 2 minutes. Our Engineering team is very meticulous about maintenance of these generators and they have assured me that at any time, the lag will never exceed 5 minutes.

- We have an in-house laundry facility so our linens, uniforms etc pass through stringent quality check before they are used in the hotel. Our Housekeeping Team has a checklist for all items in the suite which includes replenishment of new towels. After this, the Head Supervisor, or the Executive Housekeeper inspects the entire suite before releasing the room. Ensures that no oversight occurs.

- As a beach resort, the hotel seldom lacks beach towels. If in the extreme case that all our beach towels are used at the same time, our in-house laundry will make it possible for us to supply all our guests with clean beach towels.

With regard to your observation about our staff indifference, we will certainly look into that as it runs counter to our promise of Service That’s All Heart, a service standard and a company culture that’s already being copied by other resorts in the island. If the service behaviour of our staff is wanting, then we will not hesitate to train them again,

Please be assured that your inputs will be taken constructively and will be there to remind us that great service is achieved not only through hard work, but also through dialogue with friends and partners.

Reviewed 30 June 2012

We chose to visit based on TripAdvisor reviews as well as our visit to their restaurant 5 years ago, and we were not disappointed! Here are some really cool things:

* Rooms close to pool/beach
* Staff well trained, everyone greets you with a smile.
* Got the small touches down pat, small treats for example.
* Pretty amazing to get a foot massage on arrival!
* Beach / pool 'butlers' were great. Jigs, Gen and Bengie helped us out and were stellar!
* Spa - certainly not inexpensive by Philippines standards but awesome. We indulged repeatedly, and loved it. Staff great, treatments great.
* Did have a bit of an ant problem in one room, but was promptly dealt with.
* Other reviewers have complained about the brunch, and we find these complaints unfounded. Food and service were great. Tons of variety in terms of the food. Now, as the dining is open air, we did not appreciate the ever-present flies. This needs to be dealt with.

Shang-ri-la - big time competition! Now, we did make a visit to the Shang-ri-la for dinner, given their reputation and our fondness for their properties in Manila. It is beautiful, and a classic resort. Massive game room (good in case of rain), huge pool, private beaches (2), beautiful grounds, awesome fitness center, 5 star restaurants, etc. So, if you do not mind being off the beaten path of the main beach (and 10 mins shuttle to Disc Shores)), you might be very tempted to stay at the Shang instead. Also, if you are staying more than say 4 days, try both.

I'd recommend Disc Shores start refurbishing more of the rooms as well as the restaurant/bar - in order to better compete.

We'll return here for sure but will prob do at least a day at the Shang to compare.

Room Tip: The hotel does not have elevators so bear this in mind. Suggest a room like 110, which is ground floor and very near pool - but not right at the pool.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank John C
Reviewed 25 June 2012

This is a great place to stay in Boracay -- the beach is wonderful, the resort is luxurious and most importantly, the service is excellent!

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank Live_for_Vacations_9
Reviewed 25 June 2012

If you would want to be pamper yourself with luxurious accommodations and special treatment, this is the place to go. This is my second visit and I loved it even more. The transfers from and to the airport are worry-free, fast and seamless just like the first time. They offered a refreshing cold ginger tea drink and cold towels which were just nice to cool you down the moment you arrive at the resort. We were welcomed by a "welcome home" sign, some complimentary delicacies and desserts, complementary tote bag plus VMV sunblock and a jug of pandan water. (Boy, I would love to call it home forever!!) We were given our complimentary foot washes. I love the exclusivity of the resort and the service it provides you with. The rooms are spacious and luxurious. Our room at the 2nd level offered a magnificent view from the balcony. The resort shuttles you to wherever you like to go. Keep the number of the front desk so you can call for pick up or wait by the d'mall drop off to hop on the discovery shuttles that pass by. We never had to call for a pick up as every time we reach the d'mall drop off, there is a shuttle to catch back to the resort right away.

I've commented on my last review that the breakfast needed improvement. Breakfast buffet this time was great! Love the choices. Salad, fruits, cold cuts and cheeses were all fresh. They added a hot chocolate and tea station which was great. The complimentary sweets they leave in the room every afternoon were a nice touch.

At the airport, they have a separate lounge for their guests at the second level with comfortable couches and a huge flat screen TV.

I can't wait for our next visit! I want to go back "home"............

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple