“Great location right on a wonder beach”

Grand Blue Beach Hotel
Ranked #124 of 151 Hotels in Boracay
Reviewed 24 April 2016

The Arwana is a great place to stay. It is right on the beach at Station 3 - so slightly less commercial than the other stations - this I thing was a major plus factor. If you want the crowds, is a short walk up a palm lined path.

Back to the hotel, the rooms are tiny, not a lot os space for your clothes and suitcase - the room, is just a place to sleep. the Air Conditioning works really well and was really welcome after sitting on the beach. My room did not have a sea view, but when you are outside you want to be at one of the great (and really inexpensive bars or restaurants, so not a big deal at all). Being a little back, might also have made it a quieter room as well. There was certainly no beach partying hear from where I stayed (there again, Station 3 is not really the big party beach). Breakfast is basic. Drinks inexpensive. There is also a good German restaurant next door with happy hour beer at 35pesos!

The hotel is not the beach front, with no motorise vehicular access. I had 2 suitcases and would not have enjoyed pulling them both through the sandy paths to the hotel (from the main road). If you use Southwest transfers from Caticlan airport they will carry your bags.

I would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: I had a room at the back, on the 1st floor - it was quiet. I slept really well.
  • Stayed: April 2016, travelled with family
Raffy M, Director of Sales at Grand Blue Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 30 June 2016

Hi Jonathan_ivy,

Thanks for staying with us during your Boracay holiday here in the Philippines.

It's always a pleasure to hear from happy valued guests. This motivates us to maintain the quality of our service and facilities and continue finding ways to further improve, as your satisfaction is indeed our pleasure.

We apologize and thank you for bringing to our attention some of your dis-satisfactions. We hope that the rest of our service and amenities somehow defrayed the displeasures you had and appreciate the patience you’ve extended. At any rate, we would love to have you with us again at Arwana Boracay and be grateful for the chance to somehow make it up to you. Much obliged.

Reviewed 19 April 2016

The hotel is not very big, nor luxurious, but provides the nice place to crash at the end of the day with all the basic amenities. What i like about the hotel is how they go out of their way to satisfy the needs of the customer.

My room, 305, somehow failed to get as cold as i would want it to be despite the fairly new airconditioning system. I think it had something to do with the way it is oriented away from the bed such that no cold breeze from the aircon unit reaches somebody who may be on the bed. The staff had to get an electric fan all the way from the main office a good 5 kms away so that i could comfortably sleep at night. Thanks.

Stayed: April 2016, travelled on business

Hi Orli,

Thanks for staying with us during your Boracay holiday here in the Philippines.

We apologize and thank you for bringing to our attention some of your dis-satisfactions. We’ll have our engineering team look into the details you mentioned and have them sorted out. We hope that the rest of our service and amenities somehow defrayed the dis-pleasures you had and appreciate the patience you’ve extended. At any rate, we would love to have you with us again at Arwana Boracay and be grateful for the chance to somehow make it up to you. Much obliged.

Reviewed 31 March 2016 via mobile

We visited Boracay last 2013 and our travel agency booked us on this hotel (standard room).
The location was Good (beach front, station 3 ), it was really relaxing and there are only few people who are staying in this side of Bora.

Welcome drinks (iced tea, as far as I can remember) And daily breakfast are included in the package once you booked in this hotel.
We arrived earlier than expected and they already checked us in, we also checked out late and they didn't charge us for both.
The services of their staff was good.
The free bfast was okay.
The hotel itself was just fine.
The room was small, maybe because we were booked on the cheapest, i think?
Affordable hotel.
All in all, I'm happy and satisfied.

Last 2015, I booked my family in this hotel thru email and their customer service was easy to communicate with, they arranged the transportations and they were always on time even when the flt was delayed. My family said that their room was spacious and happy with the services.

Stayed: April 2015, travelled as a couple
Raffy M, Director of Sales at Grand Blue Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 April 2016

Hi Lionbelle,

Thanks for staying with us during your Boracay holiday.

We're looking forward to having you with us again at Arwana Boracay in the near future. Much obliged.

Reviewed 14 March 2016 via mobile

I stayed at Arwana because it is at the quieter end of the beach and it was perfect. My room was clean, serviced daily, had hot water and air conditioning.

The included breakfast was just okay. There was hardly anyone in the restaurant except hotel quests which is a sign of their food.

The reception and kitchen staff were terribly slow. You had to wait constantly to get anyone's attention to order a drink or get your room key. 7.00am seemed to be shift change and this was the worst time. Maybe the staff could put their mobile phones away and attend to their paying customers!

Stayed: March 2016, travelled solo
1  Thank joeyjojo69
Raffy M, Director of Sales at Grand Blue Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 March 2016

Dear Joeyjojo69,

Thanks for staying with us during your Boracay holiday here in the Philippines.

It's always a pleasure to hear from happy valued guests. This motivates us in maintaining the quality of our service and facilities and to continue finding ways to further improve, as your satisfaction is indeed our fulfillment.

Thank you for airing your negative observations. We do appreciate valued guests informing us of any grievance as we see them as opportunities to improve the standards in service and facilities we ardently wish to maintain. Please accept our sincerest apology for the inconvenience you and your companions went through.

Kindly note that we're already on top of the setbacks you pointed out and taking measures like administering closer supervision on room maintenance, and imposing continuous improvement on our meals.

We deeply appreciate the patience you've extended and hope you'd somehow still consider staying with us again despite the shortcomings. We also wish that you've somehow enjoyed the rest of the service and facilities we've provided in high hopes that they've in some ways defrayed the hassles. At any rate, we would love to have you with us again at Arwana Boracay. Thanks & Regards,

Reviewed 13 March 2016

Hi... I am really surprised by the reviews here. Yes, Arwana is right on the beach, but be aware that they have terrible service and food. I ate there for the first 2 days whilst in Boracay and waited constantly for everything. A cup of coffee took about 20 minutes to get..and the food tastes terrible. I originally had a bad impression of Boracay due to this restaurant. I then found much better restaurants, better food and not having to wait literally an hour for 1 meal. People only ate there in the morning because they had purchased their breakfasts already with their hotel stay. I can not speak of their rooms as I did not stay there. I noticed that they do have only a small number of staff so maybe that is the problem. Regardless, the only time people were in there, in the morning, you would see all the customers looking so angry, sitting and waiting for some service. I saw several different tables of people wait 20 minutes before any one would come up to them. There are much better restaurants. They do have cheap happy hour drinks, but so do several restaurants around, and you do not have to wait up to 20 minutes for a drink. I was so surprised when I finally started eating elsewhere and the staff actually brought me my order in a timely manner. The food is also quite bad tasting. My first meal I could not eat it.. the meals seem to be cooked in a lot of butter or oil which tastes terrible..

• Stayed: March 2016, travelled on business
1  Thank Chrisiti

Dear Ms. Crisiti,

Thank you so much for airing your complaints. We do appreciate valued guests (in-house or non in-house) informing us of any grievance as we see them as opportunities to improve the standards in service and facilities we ardently wish to maintain. Please accept our sincerest apology for the inconveniences.

Upon reading your review, significant measures were taken instantly. Closer supervision and improvement on quality customer service awareness have been reminded and implemented, continuous improvements on our meals were imposed.

We deeply appreciate the patience you've extended and at any rate, we would love to have you with us again at Arwana Boracay. Thanks & Regards,