All reviews fruit shakes security guy airport transfer superior room hotel restaurant welcome drink a great place to stay few steps home away from home visit boracay d mall boat station ging island ms philippines filipino
Reviewed 29 August 2012

Kudos to the staff of jony's beach resort with special mention to rey the food attendant at the bar and to khaye the reservation officer who helped me in our bookings.

The resort is located in an area with a lot of peace and quiet and likewise a short walk away to all the party in boracay. Food and shakes at the restaurant are great albeit a bit expensive but serving size is very generous so its just reasonable. The hotel staff are all so friendly so you will feel right at home.

As a tip, enjoy the restaurant's happy hour and ask the food attendants to help you set up a set of beach chairs and tables and sip your way out to a great view of the sunset...

Will definitely be coming back!

• Stayed: August 2012
Reviewed 25 August 2012

My family and I stayed at Jony's resort last long weekend and I must say, I was impressed with their customer service. Upon our arrival, we were given, ( one of the best!) mango shakes I have ever tasted. My toddler was also given her own glass and they didn't skimped on the serving, I thought we will just be given two glasses, one for me and my husband.

The staff were very accommodating and cheerful. Two staff helped us carry our luggages to the room and once in the room, we were very happy with the size of the room, complete with three queen sized beds, tv, fridge, abundant coffee and tea sets and plenty of toiletries.

It's a very nice hotel, mind you, it is not beachfront but it was not much of an issue since it is just a stone's throw away from the pristine, powder Boracay beach. Again, I have to add --- impeccable service provided by the security guard, who would literally stop traffic to let us cross t the street.

True, there are quite a number of top notch hotels in Boracay but Jony's has that magnetic effect due to their superb service.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 25 July 2012

Jony's is a smallish boutique hotel near the beach. It's not beach front but close enough that it does not matter. We stayed at the top floor suite. It's lovely and well furnished. There was a big outdoor patio that faced the beach. Everybody we encountered from the van driver, to the front desk (they greet you with a mango smoothie upon arrival) folks, to the restaurant servers were extremely professional, friendly and accommodating. They will truly go out of their way to assist their guests.

We favored the location too because it was not near the noisy part of the island. I only have positive things to say about this beach resort and I look forward to returning here on my future visits to Boracay.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank workshy1234
Reviewed 30 June 2012

i have to thank Jony's for saving my husband and i from the dreadful Laguna de Boracay hotel disaster, i found Jony's while i was in the van (heavily pregnant that time) and nearly in tears after we were horrified by Laguna de Boracay we didnt even bother to check in after seeing the room! so luckily i saw Jony's and decided to stay there, it was peaceful,new,friendly and everything was in order..definitely going back there with my whole family and my new baby. Jony's Hotel is a no fuss, no B.S hotel !!

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Beeven
Reviewed 6 June 2012

We booked an airport transfer with the hotel from Caticlan. Picked up at airport by a luxurious minibus operated by Southwest tours and taken to the main jetty. This part of the journey was a shambles as we were dumped off in a waiting area with no spare seats and had to endure a crush with parties of Koreans for almost an hour during which there was no information forthcoming.Eventually a guy shouted out the name of our hotel and we were near enough to hear it above the general hub bub. We were then taken by bus to a different ferry as the waves and queues were too great at the main one. The subsequent ferry ride was much longer than the planned one and the whole episode was a stressful and time wasting prelude to our holiday.
Jony's is located near Station 1 on the famous White Beach. The residential block is separated from the beach by a busy highway but in practice this is not a problem as a member of staff assists in halting the traffic. Moreover the rooms are relatively well insulated from the din of tricycles. Our room was on the second floor. There is no lift and the stairs are rather narrow but the room was really pleasant, clean and spacious with double bed, 32 inch flat screen TV and a cosy balcony for eating breakfast or admiring the partial sea view. The hotel's beach restaurant provided a good choice of local and international dishes. The complimentary breakfast was a little sparse but the scrambled egg was one of the tastiest I have sampled in the Philippines. There were magnificent sea views and the beach itself, with sun beds and chairs, is just five steps sway. The main shopping area at D'Mall is a gentle walk or 10 peso ride away and there you can find a supermarket and several souvenir shops.
The hotel staff are really warm and welcoming. From the way that they greet you with a strawberry shake as you clamber out of the minibus on arrival to the way that they volunteer to take photos of you as a couple they seem very attentive and genuinely eager to please.
The short holiday ended on a very positive note. On the return transfer there was a flight cancellation from a group of Koreans meaning that we were the only passengers on the Southwest ferry boat going back to Caticlan.
Summing up I am pleased that we sampled Boracay. The beach deserved its 2011 number 2 ranking in the world. But if you want peaceful scenery and solitude go to Palawan. Several years ago Boracay took the decision to allow an expansion in hotel construction and the general commercialization of the island. So you are never too far away from the disco bars.
.Now every other young person from Seoul seems to want a piece of the action.!!!

Room Tip: 2nd floor rooms are ideal. Better view of the sea than ground floor and not so many steps to climb as 3rd. floor.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple