US$41
Casa Venicia(Caticlan)(Great Value!)
US$31
US$73
Agoda.com
HangOut Beach & Resort(Malay)(Great Value!)
US$15
US$12
  • Restaurant
US$35
Agoda.com
All reviewsfruit shakesmango shakesecurity guyairport transferthe location is perfectsuperior roomhotel restaurantwelcome drinka great place to stayfew stepshotel guestshome away from homed mallvisit boracayboat stationgingisland
Reviewed 3 June 2011

My fiancee and I stayed at Jony's for 5 nights. From the reservations process (which I had to change a few times because of my travel plans) to the coordination of the transportation once we arrived from Manila on Caticlan, to the welcome when we arrived at the resort, to the friendliness of the staff, we felt as if we were long-lost friends of the people there. The accomodations were fine (although because of the street and late night music I would suggest getting a room near the back of the resort) and the bed was actually comfortable - something that has been rare in my travels. Although the restaurant and beach is across the street from the main building, it was still pretty convenient. The restaurant was great for breakfast, but would suggest seeking other establishments for a wider variety of food at other meals. Sitting at a table where a railing is the only thing separating you from the beach couldn't have been a more pleasant way to start a day!! The package deal which includes breakfast, a massage and a day trip around the island is a great value. Bottom line is that we thoroughly enjoyed our stay there and couldn't have felt more 'at home' with the way we were treated. We would definitely recommend Jony's!!

Room Tip: Go for the package deal!!
  • Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank dutchman6969
Reviewed 31 May 2011

Jony's is the perfect choice for those who don't want to break the bank at an overly high brow, cookie-cutter resort, but who also want a modern, clean, and safe place to stay among the many questionable properties in Boracay.

HOTEL: the property reminds of a house that your rich Filipino relative would have in the province. It is gated, stylish, and has a certain charm about it that takes good advantage of the local atmosphere / climate in its design.

ROOM: we had a third floor deluxe room overlooking the road / beach from the balcony. Room was smartly designed, with lots of dark accents contrasting the white tile floor. Bed was comfy with clean, thick bedding. Bathroom fixtures seemed new, hot water was consistent. Just a small suggestion to management: even though there was a foot shower at the lobby, we still brought up a lot of sand to the room; it would have been nice to have a dedicated mat in at the entrance of our room to wipe our feet with; we ended up using a towel from the bathroom to do so. Overall, room was more than sufficient for unwinding after long day out... and a great place to escape from the heat with the comfort of A/C should it be necessary.

ACCESS TO BEACH: as other reviewer's had mentioned, the beach was just a couple steps from the lobby. While we did have to cross Boracay's main, busy road full of tricyles to get there, the staff always signaled traffic to stop for us, and in the rare instances they weren't there, there was a large mirror installed to see the road's blind spot... little touches like that gave us the feeling that Jony's genuinely cared about our safety, even for a seemingly trivial thing as crossing the street.

BEACH: there were about a half a dozen or so beach chairs with parasols and tables set up on the sand; we usually had no trouble securing one or two. Drink service (mango shakes!!) was definitely nice on the sand to beat the heat. Food service was only available up the steps in the main restaurant / bar area. And of course... the fine, white sand and clear, pristine waters are a given for the most part. The only bummer was the occasional layer of algae covering the first couple meters of water... I didn't remember it being as bad years back. Granted, the beach in front of Jony's seemed to be better than other areas, as this seemed to be an island-wide problem. To end on a positive note: free wi-fi everywhere, even beachside!!

GETTING TO/FROM HOTEL: we opted for Jony’s airport pick-up plan, which yes was a bit pricey compared to the do-it-yourself route, but was comfy, hassle-free and probably good idea for first-timers.

Overall, I recommend this hotel for people who want to spend most of the their days relaxing on the beach and in the water in a relatively un-crowded area, while still being walking distance to bars, shopping, and other water activities.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank foofighter1981
Reviewed 12 May 2011

Jony's Place is located right smack in the center of Station 1, Boracay which makes it really accessible to all of your ideas of a good time(or at least the ones that are worth doing)--island hopping, snorkeling, fly fish, D'mall, Cocomangas, Crab House...name it! It' s just walking distance from Jony's. The place has changed quite a bit from the last time I was there but the staff, the smile and the wonderful service remains to be fantastic and definitely welcoming. All our requests were accommodated especially for the F & B side. They pleasantly adjusted their recipe to suit our taste like adding sliced chili to our Bicol Express...blending lemon rind with the mint leaves for our Mojitos...adding a dash of chocolate syrup to our Banana Peanut Butter Shake...all of these became our favorites that the staff already know what we wanted.

My friends and I occupied La Concha Suite and it sure was worth every penny that we paid. It was really comfortable and spacey, the others could be "partying" downstairs while the "weak" relaxes upstairs.

This is my 2nd time to stay in Jony's...and this is definitely the only place I will stay in for my next visits...hopefully the Jacuzzi outside the suiterooms will be ready by then.

I recommend: Banana Peanut Butter Shake (don't forget the dash of choco syrup)
Mojitos (real kick without the alcohol taste)
Classic Pork Adobo

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled with friends
2  Thank eLLeGene
Reviewed 12 May 2011

If anyone were to ask me what I remember best about my trip to Boracay, I'd say 2 things... FOOD & HOSPITALITY. The staff at Jony's were awesome throughout our stay. Always ready to assist and provide advice on anything that we needed. From actvities, to room service, to making arrangement, to dining... The dining! Jony's has the best food on the beach - Bar None. It was so good, we ate most of our meals right there. And every meal felt like I was dining with my friends. The wait staff were awesome. I'd highly recommend the adobo, bicol express (spicy), banana & peanut butter shake, the mojitos. The hotel is conveniently located just around the corner from d'mall and all the conveniences that Boracay can offer - oh, and the beach is beautiful. If you're reading this and happen to work for Jony's - Thanks for making my first trip to Boracay super awesome! I shall return! :)

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank nidapele
Reviewed 12 May 2011

We had such an amazing time in Boracay in April 2011! Part of it was staying at Jony's. I have not one complain. The staff was just so accommodating and friendly. From the moment my fiance and I were picked up by their shuttle service from the port, we immediately felt welcomed. Then when we arrive at the resort, we were greeted with fresh mango shakes that we would later keep ordering throughout our stay!

Our room, located on the second floor, was the deluxe with the a queen size and a single bed. It was a pretty good size room. It was very clean and everything looked new. We had a veranda that was looking out to the entrance and street, and partially of the ocean.

The restaurant was wonderful as well. All the food we had were excellent. i remember having some kind of filipino version taco that was so delish! The waiters are so nice as well. They will always make sure you are taken care of. One of the waiters named Rey was very kind to arrange for us a tour around the island.

Staying at Jony's really made our vacation as relaxing, as smooth, and memorable as it was. I would stay there again.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple