US$49
Casa Venicia(Caticlan)(Great Value!)
US$31
US$72
TripAdvisor
HangOut Beach & Resort(Malay)(Great Value!)
US$27
US$12
Hotels.com
  • Restaurant
US$34
Agoda.com
All reviewsmango pancakeswhite beachplace to stayminute walkcleaned every daybars and restaurantsdeluxe roomjanetstationjingislandphilippinesalleywaytransferboatnightlifesand
Reviewed 8 November 2017

Wow, where do I start!
Loved, loved, loved this place! The rooms are very basic but what do you need anything more for, after all, it's just somewhere to sleep and store your luggage.
Rooms are cleaned to a high standard daily, beds and pillows are comfortable, and linen and towels are clean.
What makes this place stand out is the staff. You're made to feel exceptionally welcome from the moment you book until the time you leave. A particular mention to Jhint and George for their outstanding customer service - nothing was too much trouble for them, the advice and information they gave was invaluable and they did everything with a smile on their face.
I initially booked a small fan room but decided it was worth the extra pesos for a hot shower so moved into an A/C bungalow after 3 nights. I never use the A/C so they kindly provided me with an extra floor fan. The small room had a single bed which was comfortable but the bungalow had a double sized bed which was better.
The property is down a small path in Station 3 which is definitely the best place to stay if you want reasonable rates and to be away from the noise/bustle of Station 2. The good news is that it's a pleasant 15-20min walk to Station 2 along the beach path. Yup, you'll get targeted by every boat trip, massage and food seller whilst you're walking, but a polite 'no thank you' solves that problem.
I only ate a few times at Daves Straw Hat, but what I did have - Pancakes and chicken adobo was great quality and good value.
I happily recommend this place for solo travellers, couples and families. Loved it, and can't wait to return, it'll certainly be the 1st place I look to book.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 8 October 2017 via mobile

Private cottages for 2 in a quiet, sheltered location for the same price as a hostel. The staff are friendly and helpful, even offering welcome drinks and an extensive library. They have a backup generator so the AC always works and the showers are always hot. We'll be back soon!

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 September 2017

This is a low price place but you get a lot of value. What really makes the difference here is that the staff is really attentive to the traveler. They are keeping the place and the rooms clean and provide efficient service for things like laundry. We stayed 11 days with my son and used laundry quite a bit and also had many breakfasts yet we had to pay only about 1500 PHP in all incremental spend at checkout Beach is 2 minutes walk via some small passages and it is easy to find beach areas with comfy chairs where you are welcome as long as you drink or eat.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 August 2017

I loved my stay at Dave's Straw Hat Inn! The staff was excellent, both professional and friendly. My room was neat and comfy, the fan and the aircon made me forget about the hot weather of Boracay!

Dave's Straw Hat Inn offers a laundry service, massages in your room, books and movies loaning and a restaurant:
- the laundry is charged regarding which clothes you give the staff. The prices are reasonable
- the massages usually last 1 hour, and you cast ask for swedish massage, reflexology, shiatsu or a combination of these techniques for P450
- the restaurant's prices are reasonable, but I have to say I was slightly disappointed with the food (except for the pancakes: they are delicious!)

The hotel itself is located in Station 3, which is good because it's either quiet and close to most restaurants and bars of White Beach. The access to the beach is very good, not more than 5 minutes to get there from your room.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 27 August 2017

I love staying there. The beach is not right in front of the hotel like others but just 2 minutes walking that's not big deal, in fact, I think it makes the Inn is quiet at night so I can get good sleep. The staff is super friendly and helpful. They are very quick in response to any request. I enjoyed my 4 nights staying at Dave's Straw Hat Inn. The room is clean and neat. There is no A/C which makes me a bit worried at first because I ALWAYS need A/C but that's not a big deal because it's beachside so it's cool at night, the fan was enough. Long story short, it's a nice stay and affordable for solo traveller who wants to have a room for yourself. And it's not small as they said it is, it's quite decent for 1 person to stay. If anything, I'll say the mattress is quite too soft for me and if possible, they should replace by another one, firmer.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled solo