All reviews churros beachfront room lava cake spanish breakfast standard room squid ink paella don churro army navy water pressure was good rooms are small bit noisy at night balcony overlooking the beach night parties the ground floor room was clean and comfortable definitely stay here again third party
Reviewed 21 April 2018

We went October 2016

We booked the beachfront view. King size bed.
It was a restraurant on the first floor, and then the rooms are upstairs.
My 2nd time in Boracay!

PROS:

Surprised with how the room looked, it's comfortably small - enough space to go around for two people.
The room is very cute. Lightning and ambiance is really good.
BED & LINES are so soft& SO MUCH COMFORTABLE. And I am very particular about this.
It's so comfortable it's hard to get up in the morning.
Shower has enough space, water pressure is average. The soap and shampoos are average.
FREE BREAKFAST - SOOOO GOOD! You can eat it downstairs or they deliver it in your room.
Room patio is very spacious. We have breakfast here in the morning.
The hotel is centrally located. Right between where station 1 and station 2 meets.
So if you want to enjoy the beach and have a relaxing afternoon at the powdery sands of station 1, it's not too far of walk.
And restaurants availability, night parties and clubs of station 2 is very accessible. Not much of a walk!
Housekeeping takes really good care of the room. Esp the sands.
Staff are well mannered and helpful.
Wifi: Free, not really fast at the time - we don't care because we were in the island and we tried to be a gadget free as possible and just enjoy the nature.
Beach towels are provided, huge and smells amazing.

CONS: The beachfront is not really big.
A lot of garbage in front. They could put a big trash can in there where people can throw away their garbage. And it's right in the sand where they lay their chairs with umbrellas.

Room Tip: Beach View with Balcony
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank prettykhen
Reviewed 31 March 2018

I haven't visited Boracay in 6 years, and it being in the news recently, I decided to take a look at what's going on in Boracay. Searched trip advisor for a good hotel, Zuzuni Boutique Hotel was at the top of the list. This was also highly recommended by a good friend who frequents Boracay often, so I booked the hotel thru booking.com and decided to spent the Lenten Break there.

About the hotel
Rooms. Nothing really special about the rooms except you have a magnificent view of the beach when you book the premier beachfront room which has a balcony. Basic amenities provided, clean towels, toiletries, hot and cold shower, TV and ref but no complimentary water in the room.

Staff. Very helpful and attentive. You ring a call button to call them and they (literally) come running after a few seconds. You hang a clean up sign and there they are knocking within seconds. If only for the staff of this hotel, I would give this 5 stars.

There was one afternoon i was still using a beach bed but it was already time for them pack up and change set-up for dinner, the staff gladly moved the bed to another location so I can continue using it while they did their set-up.

One special note. I arranged for pick-up from the Caticlan airport to the resort thru Southwest Tours. The travel took so long (almost 2 hours) because they had to wait for the bus to get filled up to transfer us to the jetty port, then from the jetty port, we had to wait for almost an hour for the boat to get filled up again. Because i was already getting impatient with the waiting, when we got to Cagban, i skipped the Southwest service and I hired a tricycle on my own to get to the resort. When I checked in, i told the front desk person about my experience. At the time of my check-out, some amount was deducted from my transfer fee because I wasn't "delivered door to door" by SW.

Food. Breakfast, which was included in my package was ok, not to die for, but warms your tummy. My nephew loved the churros and pulled pork sandwich which he had on our first night. Too bad i missed out on tasting the "best dessert" in the island. Maybe next time.

Location. This was what made this hotel average. Being on the tail end of Boat Station 1, there were far too many boats for island hopping pick up in the front of the beach, which makes it not too ideal for swimming. Maybe the management can request these boats not to park in front of their property. I don't see those many boats in most resorts in the farther area of Station 1.

Last note, the white beach is still beautiful, the sand powdery white. But Boracay is too commercialized and crowded. I hope the government makes true to its word to rehabilitate Boracay. Let's wait and see if there will be a renewed Boracay coming soon.

Room Tip: Use Premier Beach Front for a Balcony View
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Maria Ronila S
Reviewed 27 March 2018 via mobile

Zuzuni hotel was a good surprise. It's a small hotel, but is a perfect stay. The staff is very helpful and friendly. Breakfast included with a few options for every taste. I stayed at the second floor, room with balcony and ocean view. Room size is very good, big, with closet and fridge. Bathroom is also decent, however the shower is not very warm. Room is very clean, every time that clean the room is just perfect!
The location is a little noisy, loud music until late, if you like quiet is not a very good option, but I strongly recommend this hotel.

Reviewed 25 March 2018 via mobile

Their room is small, not much space to open large bags. But the Balcony view is amazing. You’ll really feel boracay. Their rooms are clean.
Their service is also good. Special mention to DR and Ken who helped make our stay pleasant.

Note: when you book this hotel, choose balcony. It is one of the few hotels that offers beachfront. Other rooms are also small and there will be no view to compensate it.

Reviewed 22 March 2018 via mobile

If you are looking for a prime location at the heart of the White Beach strip, this hotel is pretty much perfect. Walk outside and you are immediately amidst the hustle and bustle of modern Boracay, a loud, vibrant tourist mecca.

The hotel is run by a great team, who are very friendly and helpful. The rooms are very small, but neat and clean. The tapas restaurant on the ground floor was well regarded and served a good breakfast.

The downside was Boracay itself, which has become a victim of its own success. It is now over-crowded and creaking under the pressure of the thousands of Chinese, Japanese and Taiwanese tourists who are dumped there for a day from cruise liners to witness the famous Boracay sunset (which remains beautiful).

Litter and waste are everywhere, a nasty green algae now lines the once pure white sand (a by-product of the industrial pollution). The main beach was at times like a scene from Dunkirk. Hundreds upon hundreds of people on it, and it is an open secret that the sewage system on the island cannot cope with this demand.

Indeed, when we were there the island was being threatened with complete closure for a year until it had cleaned up its act by President Duerte, who has called it a “cesspit”, such is the environmental damage wrought by the tourist industry.

Lets hope they sort this out and get the old, beautiful Boracay back. Hotels like Zuzuni deserve to thrive.