All reviews diamond suite private beach d mall free shuttle massive room white beach swimming pool reception area cable tv island receptionist blinds retreat channels balconies station tricycle
Reviewed 6 January 2018

Good food, friendly staff, nice views in a quiet area. We have no complains about the food and ended up eating a lot more in their restaurant. They have German beer which is a great plus! Meat can be tough sometimes - schnitzel can use some more pounding but flavor for all the food that we tried was good.
We were not impressed when we checked in because we are two families that shared the double room suite and had a 7-year old and a 1-year old. They have strict towel policy that they can only provide 1 towel per adult guest! Are you kidding me? I would have brought my own towels. Fortunately, by the second day, they give you 4 more so if you manage to not overuse your towels the first day, the second day supply is enough. However since they don't provide extra beach towels, you'll have to use the same towels when going to the beach/pool so good luck with towels! Also there are no hand towels provided so we ended up just buying paper towels.
Property is nice and our suite is HUGE. There was just a stinky egg-smell when we checked in. When we complained, they tried to mask it with some perfume which just made it worse. So we agree with some of the previous posts about housekeeping. There must have been some guests before us who cooked in the kitchen when their food boiled over. The stove still has the crusted food. Even though we didn't cook and I had to close the kitchen doors all the time because it stinks, I tried to soak the stove grill myself but that didn't get rid of the smell. Looking at the housekeeping cleaning supplies when they stopped by, did notice that they only have a bucket, some mop and a set of cleaning agents. My guess is they use one cleaning cloth or mop for the entire house and if they start out in the kitchen, all that dirt from the kitchen is just spread throughout the house which would explain the egg-smell in the room when we checked-in even though we could tell that the floors were just wet-mopped. Eewe!
You can still have a good time here as we did, we just kept the kitchen door closed like I said and try to avoid going there. Also the leaves on the blinds are also falling which could be easily fixed. So then they look like a nice-looking person with missing teeth.
I feel that the property has great potential and management can easily address them by having a manager to inspect the property and see what needs fixing and check on the cleanliness and if all the towels were provided before a guest checks-in. The policy on towels is also quite ridiculous. Don't babies and kids not use towels?
Also, they do not provide dishwashing soap in the kitchen. Those are cheap and can easily be bought in D-Mall. They do provide bottled water everyday. And I do think that the staff for the maintenance of the grounds and gardens are doing a lot better than housekeeping.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 January 2018 via mobile

Interesting setting in Philippines - castle and suit of armour theming....
The food was very nice and reasonable prices for Baracay.
The service was quite slow but friendly.
I'm not sure I would make a trip out of town to come here for a meal but it was nice to visit friends and eat here. If I was staying I would be more likely to eat here regularly.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 3 January 2018

This hotel looks like a converted apartment building: two beautiful pools but they cannot cope with the busy period: restaurant never has what’s on the menu, dinner takes over an hour to recieve( the place was not that busy), neither of the two jacuzzis worked- doubt they ever have, internet is abysmal, cable tv only has Filipino channels: no movies, not news: Staff are friendly, and the place was very clean. The pools are the star attraction, and not a place I would return to given the choice.They need to lift the game if they want to charge top dollar. Even beach towels was an issue.

Room Tip: Its a climb up the hill so get a room near reception
Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 December 2017 via mobile

The hotel itself is gorgeous! But it lacked quite a bit go get 5 stars from me. It is pretty remote so the shuttle is an important feature, but the service is full of flaws. Our biggest complaint was that we called for a shuttle while at d'mall and 1hr later it arrived only for selfish people who didn't call to jump in. Not necessarily the hotels fault, but WE DID CALL and someone back at the hotel should keep tabs who they are picking up. When the next shuttle showed, same problem. Finally a third shuttle came and I was forced to be aggressive to get in as more and more people showed up to get on. I don't go on vacation to fight over a seat on a van. That was awful. Guests shouldn't have to deal with that. Some type of order in the shuttle service is a must!
The restaurant is just ok. They were out of quite a few things that we would have liked to order. AND They ran out of the Hefeweissen which I thought odd for a German restaurant. .......
The towel situation is terrible. They do not like to give them out. Wish I would've brought my own.
We were very disappointed with the WiFi situation. None in the room. Not even in our penthouse. That caused family stress!
There is not alot to do at the resort itself, we thought maybe if they had music or some type of entertainment we would not have wanted to take a shuttle away from there so often.
Next time we go to Boracay, we will stay closer to the beach.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 December 2017

This has to be, the best ever hotel I've stayed in, our room was unbelievable, with a spacious living room area, a full kitchen, separate bedroom and a fantastic bathroom, our patio area with dining table and lounges, had a view to die for, the staff were fantastic, I just couldn't fault anything about this place, wonderful gardens, pools and surrounding areas, a must stay again if in BORACAY

Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple