We enjoyed a five-night stay at Surfside. Staff was very accommodating and helpful throughout. We always felt like valued guests.
We stayed in three different accommodation types:
Economy Twin: Neat, clean room. On the ground floor. Small, but adequate bathroom including sink, shower, and toilet. TV with extensive channel selection, sure to make everyone happy. Small porch at entrance. Two twin beds. Refrigerator stocked with reasonably-priced drinks. Air conditioner is a bit noisy.
Superior Double: Neat clean room. On the first floor (up a flight of stairs). Larger room, with well-sized toilet room and much larger shower room. Balcony looks out onto plants for a garden view. Hammock across balcony (delightful bonus!) TV with extensive channel selection. One double bed. Refrigerator stocked with reasonably-priced drinks. Air conditioner was flawless and in perfect operating condition. (Maybe bring your own shampoo/conditioner, as the dispenser only disperses meager portions and requires vigorous pumping to extract any product whatsoever!)
Family room (Quadruple); Neat, clean room situated near the rear of the resort. Up a flight of stone steps. Efficient bathroom layout with toilet, narrow shower, and sink. Very large balcony with garden view. TV with large channel selection. Two single beds and one double bed. Refrigerator stocked with reasonably-priced drinks. Air conditioner.
Highlights of this quaint "resort" include fabulous beachfront location and ready availability of chairs and umbrellas. Water is crystal clear and beach is clean. (there are some ants of various sizes and varieties in the sand near the trees, as well as pesky flies at times) Breakfast each morning is a bonus - something delicious for every palate, plus self-service coffee and juice, and unlimited toast refills - all served in a delightful, open-air restaurant. Good communication from front desk staff (let me know when a dive shop had called).
One slight aggravation was the beach towel situation. A 500-peso deposit (cash) is required for each towel. That can get quite pricey for your group of three or four - particularly as it ties up your available cash for the day. I guess if you plan in advance (or bring your own towel) it would be less of an issue. Perhaps there can be some other method of checking out and returning towels without holding cash every day that is needed during the day to enjoy shops, food, and beverages. In addition, be sure to check that windows are locked (the area is very safe, but it's important to be prudent). In each of the rooms, there was at least one window (sometimes more!) that was unlocked. One last note: Agoda has indicated that there is construction going on next door. However, we never found the work or noise to be obstrusive, and it never started early or ended late.
Overall, our stay was very relaxing, and we felt this part of White Beach at Station 3 was ideal for our family getaway.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Surfside Boracay Resort & Spa is situated at the Southern end of Boracay Island, Malay aklan. Ideal for those who love to enjoy the privacy of the Island and yet have the easy access to the Island's famous night parties. Forget about the noisy way of life in the city, let Surfside Resort & Spa takes you to a peaceful and adventurous journey. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Agoda and HotelQuickly so you can book your Surfside Boracay Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Surfside Boracay Resort And Spa
- Surfside Boracay Hotel Boracay