See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 13 March 2017

We stayed at Balinghai for 6 nights in February 2017 and had the best time ever. Arriving at the hotel, walking through the jungle and seeing the view... It was a great experience!

We stayed in the Tree house, which is a big house (two bedrooms, big common room) with the most amazing view. We ordered breakfast to our house every morning, because the view was just too good to miss. You pay extra for breakfast, but that is really no problem. Big servings and good food. They also arrange romantic dinners on the beach -very good!

It is located approximately 15 minutes with tricycle from D'mall. No problem getting around - the staff call a tricycle for you anytime.

If you want a quiet and relaxing vacation, this is the perfect place. The hotel have a private beach with crystal clear water. It is a good place for just hanging out, but also for snorkeling, SUP and kayaking. There are only 8 houses (I think), so you have a lot of privacy. We felt like we had the beach to ourselves most days. We went to White beach for a week after our stay at Balinghai, and White beach was such a disappointment.

The staff is super helpful and nice, always ready to answer your questions. Special thanks to Alex for recommending some really good restaurants.

Will definitely recommend this hotel!

Room tip: Some houses have AC.
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 February 2017 via mobile

An excellent hotel to stay in with all the needs covered. We were here to celebrate our first anniversary which was setup on the beach with candles and sumptuous food and wine. The best part of this resort is there private beach. Clean serene and no crowds except for people who stay there. Certainly coming back again.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 February 2017

I was excited when I look the website it was stunning and magical unfortunately completely opposite! We booked a a garden house 4 for 4x guest for a week in January. My guest made it however I didn't make it due for emergency reason in the cancellation fee, they have term and condition if you provide legal documents they will refund 50% of your payments. I tried to get hold with the management but until now I don't heard any updates.Other options they will sent me a voucher valid within 2 years but thats didn't happen as well.

My guest arrive however they were not impress with the place. The place no near whats it looks like in the website. No maintenance, dirty, there's no water in the swimming pool.

My guest are young ladies they don't found safe to stay there. When they arrive early in the morning there's no proper security. The guy apparently as a security was playing a rooster. It is located in remote area and in the main road surrounded with the squatters area. Early morning there's also drunk men hanging around and there's no other way to get there. Most of all over-price!!!!!!

WHAT YOU SEE IN THE WEBSITE COMPLETELY DIFFERENT WHEN YOU GET THERE. CHECK THE PHOTOS I'VE ATTACH!!

The place looks like about to bankrupt!!!

Room tip: fake!!!! be careful
Date of stay: January 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank sstaley
Reviewed 16 February 2017 via mobile

Far from D-mall and front beach so much!!!
In the night you can't go anywhere! The entrance is so scared! Walking to the front or the gate is very tried!! No shampoo, no breakfast and no air!
BTW, if you love quiet place. It's may be ok to you. The beach is so private and beautiful. But I think I would not be back there. Not my type.

Date of stay: January 2017
Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 11 February 2017 via mobile

What a great place. It's pricey, but it's worth it. Our Cliff House is well constructed and everything worked well. Other than a lonely gecko I didn't see any bugs even - including ants that seem to be everywhere in the Philippines.

The staff were great, helped with our bags and arranging for tricycles.

The beach is a bit rocky, unlike White Beach, but the beach bar, use of non motorized water amenities and the floating platforms make up for it.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple