“Past it's prime!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Albany
Grider Hill Dock Indian Creek Lodge
Reviewed 16 October 2017

Three fishing buddies stayed in a 2 bedroom suite because it was very convenient. two of the 3 AC units didn't work, toilet seat was held on by one bolt, chair on deck was broken, shelf in fridge was broken, and the list goes on! They are under new management, so I'd wait until they start upgrading the units, and pumping some money back into their lodge before I'd even attempt to stay here.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled with friends

Reviewed 27 July 2017

HOUSEBOAT UTTERLY UNSATISFACTORY.

Be advised once a rental reservation is made cancellation and return of your deposit is not possible. The marina may offer the option of a voucher toward another rental during the off season.

We rented the Family model from 17-21 July 2017. Here's a summary of what we discovered upon taking delivery:

-Navigational running lights inoperative

-Fuel gauges inoperative

-Kill switch on generator inoperative (We were told to pull the fuse in the generator compartment to shut it down. This is a safety hazard given the hot surfaces and rotating belts.)

-GPS would not acquire a signal all week

-Water jet for the swim slide inoperative

-Supplied ice chest was unusable because the drain plug was missing.

-Auto light for the stove burners was inoperative and we were told to light the burners manually with a match. The knob for the oven was missing and we were told it was inoperative. We later discovered the oven was in fact on. We turned it off with a pair of pliers.

-Flying bridge helm station inoperative. We were told it had been checked out, but later found it was not functional.

-The swim ladder had been inextricably removed, making it difficult even for fit people to climb onboard from the water. We improvised by making a rope step with one of the mooring lines.

The fresh water pump failed on our first night out leaving us with no running water or flush water for the toilet. (As a side note, flushing toilet paper can result in a $250 fine if the macerator clogs. You're expected to dispose of your toilet paper in a trash can for later disposal ashore).

We returned to the marina the next morning where they replaced the water pump fuse. Being a retired Naval Officer, I again complained about the inoperative running lights. I was told, "You know, you're supposed to have these boats off the water 30 minutes before sunset." I replied, "In my experience out on the water things don't always happen like they're supposed to." I was told it might take the remainder of the day to repair the lights so I gave up in frustration.

We had been running the generator 24/7 for over 3 days when we pulled into Conley Bottom Marina 45 miles upstream from Grider Hill Dock. The boat took $295 in fuel for both the engine and the generator. Not bad for four days of running most of the day. Funny how the boat took $309 fuel at Grider Hill after traveling only 45 miles from Conley Bottom. Couldn't argue, fuel gauges didn't work. Coincidence?

While fueling at Conley Bottom we were compelled to pull the generator fuse to shut it down. After that if kept popping out of its receptacle and we had to secure it with duct tape. Mechanics from Grider Hill repaired it on our last night as we were tied up in a cove within sight of the marina.

Beautiful lake, terrible rental experience. This is beyond a shoddy operation. Their boats are so run down they present a safety hazard. They're not putting enough resources into maintaining their fleet. When I was at the rental boat dock I noted a number of their boats are being used as parts bins to keep the others running. While dock staff, including Mike, Jason and Daniel stepped up and were polite and helpful they could not make this boat rental a positive experience. Do yourself a favor and look elsewhere. DON'T RENT FROM THESE PEOPLE.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank nursedeb320
Reviewed 3 July 2017 via mobile

We booked a room in the lodge because every other place we called on the lake was booked. It was terrible. Gross! Carpet made our feet black. Toaster did not work. Fridge would not stay closed. Top comforter had not been washed. Glad I brought my own chlorox wipes and clean sheets. No bed bugs, but did find cockroach. Do not stay here. Marina restaurant was dirty and women's restroom was bad, too. The boat dock was ok and it was close to 76 falls. If you don't have to go to the restaurant or need a place to stay, then it is ok to dock your boat.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 18 June 2017 via mobile

Our room was dirty there was old coffee in coffee pot not lights in our room floor and shower were dirty but we got what we paid for beautiful setting marina was in good shape they must make all their money at marina and so put nothing into lodge/rooms I would probably go back if nothing else in area was available good for cheap drinking boating,

Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 September 2016 via mobile

If I could give less than a one star I would. DO NOT, I REPEAT DO NOT RENT FROM THEM! The boats are junk and in my case actually dangerous( rented a house boat that had a bad propane leak and we were lucky we caught it before any smokers did. There was exposed wiring in the dryer room next to the backdoor an the leaking propane. The generator broke after one day, oven did not work and the top railing was loose and even broke in spots.
Then when I returned it and tried to talk to the manager she told me I owed almost 300$ in gas when I watched the guy top it off at 45$. She refused to believe and said that the guy filled my ski boat not the houseboat. She threatened to call the water patroll on me and I had to find the guy who pumped my gas when I returned it (her employee) and have him tell her that it was the houseboat he filled not my boat. Afterwards she didn't apologize but instead accused me of cheating her out of money and then called me and my friend "stupid". Calling her rude is a huge understatment.
Their prices are lower for a reason, their boats are junk! Their customer service is almost as bad as their boats and if you do rent form them watch the filling of gas and take lots of pictures or video. Do yourself a favor and choose one of the better marinas and don't risk your money with them.

Stayed: September 2016, travelled with friends
5  Thank kyex40047
Also consider these accommodations in or near Albany
14 km away
Lake Cumberland State Resort
7.6 km away
Baymont Inn & Suites Albany
14 km away
Royal Inn Motel
Royal Inn Motel
#2 of 2 in Albany

Been to Grider Hill Dock Indian Creek Lodge? Share your experiences!