Before staying with them, I was already coordinating with Rose via email who responded to me very quickly and very kindly. She was able to answer all of my questions even before I came and was even able to assist in providing me with all the tours I needed. Once we arrived at the airport, the transport was already helping to assist us and we were greeted warmly by Rose upon our arrival (which later I found out was the owner of the resort itself).
During my stay, it was very quiet and calm during the night. The pool was open only until 7pm but they let us use it anytime we want (even if it is around 10pm) and we were also able to order food at anytime of the day. One night, we were even having dinner and drinks and Rose provided us with complimentary drinks (buko juice). The owner also took the time to sit down with us and share stories about the history of the resort and the good places to visit in Puerto Princesa. We felt like a VIP during our entire stay. The resort is 5 mins away from the city (good spot if you plan to visit all areas of the island) and compared to all other hotels, the money you are going to pay is well worth it. Staff are friendly, accomodating and nice. The area is clean as well (I have seen several awards for becoming runner ups and first place awards as one of the cleanest resorts in Palawan behind their counter).
If you are looking for affordable accomodation and will be exploring the whole of Puerto Princesa, I would recommend this place 11 out of 10! (10 being the highest) Best value for money I'd say.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- a resort within the city that provides comfort, privacy and security. Only ten minutes from the airport. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda so you can book your Kawayanan Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kawayanan Hotel Puerto Princesa
- Kawayanan Resort Puerto Princesa, Palawan Island, Philippines