All reviews no alcohol speed boat mountain villa evening buffet bring your own booze steamed vegetables religious beliefs entire life minute ferry lagoon tour leave early in the morning kayaks provided small gym family villa infinity pool boat transfer traditional filipino food
Reviewed 11 August 2018 via mobile

Very poor. I paid more than 700 SGD per night (same as top notch hotels) so I was expecting that kind of service and quality. The room had animals, food was low quality, it was not clean enough and service is super slow (nice but slow). My room service plates were there for more than 36 hrs, it was 4 pm and the room was not clean until I complained. The boat service they told us it was at certain time and it was delayed by 30 min and we had to catch a flight. I book a tour and no one told us it was canceled until we complained again. I asked to talk with the manager to share all my complaints and he/she never appeared. Definitely not worth it for the price.

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
4  Thank ya_que_mas
FO M, Front Office Manager at Matinloc Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Thank you for coming to our business and we appreciate you for making this review. I am deeply sorry for your unfavorable experience. It was an uncommon instance and we promise we'll do better next time. Please do consider to come again. Anthony Versoza (Training Supervisor).

Reviewed 4 July 2018 via mobile

We are on our 4th day and I am now waiting for our boat to arrive . We have been lucky with the weather until last night.
The staff here has been great. They are so accommodating and Rommel especially has been very attentive to our family. There have been complaints about the food. But if you think about it- it is a small resort for just 29 rooms. We are in their country so we need to adapt to the country’s food right? The resort did not feel crowded at all. We felt very pampered- also did two massages while we were there. Snorkeling and kayaking were a plus as the resort is uniquely located at the right spot . The corals and aquarium like fish were right in front. The beach nearby was 15 minute by kayak. Some things that cannot be controlled were the mosquitoes and the moisture. We could not dry anything due to the weather. The private lagoon tour was top notch with 4 to 5 crew members for our banca ( no need for speed boats as bancas are pretty and fast enough). I almost don’t want to give you all more information because I don’t want people discovering this area lol- but I feel indebted to the staff to write this review. Our family of four loved our stay here.
Also they understood English fine.

Date of stay: July 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank TheresaD774

Thank you for your comments. We are really happy that you enjoyed your time with Matinloc Resort. It is our life and blood to provide you the utmost quality in food and services. We look forward to seeing you back soon and please bring your friends too! Anthony Versoza (Training Supervisor)

Reviewed 3 July 2018

We stayed here for 5 nights. We originally booked a room for 4 adults but when we arrived the room was TINY. There was no way two couples could use a room like that. After one hour of discussing with the lady at the front desk she moved us to a bigger room. The only down fall is the toilet and shower is in the one room. The first room the shower had see through glass. Quite a strange set up.
The service was amazing. The staff were all willing to assist and help the best that they could. The buffet was nice. The food in the restaurant was hit and miss.
The best part of the stay were the tours and the water activities you can do on the island. The snorkelling at the front of the hotel is amazing. Overall our stay was great and we enjoyed it.

Date of stay: June 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank Travel_Bugg32

Reviewed 14 June 2018

I spent 6 nights in that resort and I really think it was a very bad investment I ever done!
Only 9 umbrellas available for the guests ( the resort have 50 rooms !) The beach is very tiny.
All the management is very un-professional. They only care every day to earn money instead of taking care of their guests. (very typical of Asian culture...) All the luxury resorts are always managed by foreigners except this one...
The quality of food was terrible, similar as a fast food restaurant but priced as if it was a gastronomic restaurant!
Even the breakfast was so cheap and ridiculous! No fresh juices and very poor and limited selection!
The main pool is very small and no sun bed around the pool. They allow kids playing inside the pool with soccer ball!
Some guests ( including kids) use the pool wearing their garments!
The staffs are very nice but not at all experienced. ( service could be very slow)
I spent the first night in a room who was supposed to have a forest view but mine had a building construction view!
They agreed after long negotiation to move to another upgraded room but to reach that nice room I had to climb 230 stairs every time! You have to be in a very good shape to reach your room ! ( I had a surgery to my leg...)
The proposed excursion are very expensive too! ( 3 to 4 times more expensive than what you can find in the main island ) and as there was not enough guests subscription, no other option than to book prive tour!
One positive thing is the snorkelling very nice just in front of the beach.
This stay was a waste of money every day I spent there...

Date of stay: March 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
8  Thank Dan C

Reviewed 28 May 2018 via mobile

Do not book this hotel. Staffs are rude, food is bad and prizes way to high. You will just be disappointed once you saw the hotel. Go to coron instead, all island hopping are all the same. Avoid stress and do not book this matinloc resort

Date of stay: May 2018