All reviews water villa baby sharks speed boat glass floor infinity pool signature massage small bay wine prices wear and tear massage at the spa lagoon tour every staff member boat service maintenance issues head massage romantic couples private beach
Reviewed 27 December 2017 via mobile

Wow! What can I say about Cauayan! What an amazing resort! We came here as part of our honeymoon and loved every moment! I have never had customer service like we had when we stayed here. From the moment we were met at the port to the moment we left it was outstanding. The resort itself is beautiful and super relaxing but it’s the small touches that make it unique. The different biscuits you get delivered to your room every night, the complimentary head massage, the ability to whatsapp/Viber any request, the variety of movies supplied on a USB! I will definitely be coming back here!! The food was great and there was a lot of variety and staff were always on hand to serve you swiftly, give you advice on dishes and they never let you walk past without saying hello. I must mention I was unwell at one point and the resort sent a nurse straight away who stays onsite and gave me the medication I needed. I can’t say enough about this place and would say not staying here is a crime!!! Enjoy!!

Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Kajal M
CauayanIslandResort, Manager at Cauayan Island Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 1 January 2018

Dear Kajal M,

Thank you for this wonderful review and congratulations on the honeymoon. We're glad you made us part of your celebration as a couple. I am smiling from ear to ear right now, as I read all your comments about staff and our service. It's really heartwarming. As a traveler myself, more than the amenities, it's the staff and the kind of customer service that stays with me long after I leave the place. Thank you for appreciating the little details. This is really inspiring and makes me feel truly proud of the team. Will make sure to pass this on to everyone! Thanks again for staying with us and yes, please do come back. Looking forward to welcoming you again in the future!

Reviewed 15 December 2017

Cauyan Island Resort is absolutely beautiful with lots of attention to detail when it comes to design. We were treated like royalty while onsite, the staff always gave us a smile and hello and the service was absolutely excellent. It's location to the main tourist attractions in El Nido is not as good as many other resorts, Miniloc being one of them, however, Cauyan uses a speed boat (unlike many of the other resorts which use the more traditional motor boat), which saves half the time to get anywhere.

We stayed in the water view villa which was beautiful and we were also very lucky to see a turtle come to the beach to lay eggs which was definitely a highlight.

Unlike other El Nido island resorts, I wouldn't say that Cauyan is particularly suited to snorkelling or Kayaking around the island, but it is definitely suited to being a more exclusive and relaxed environment where you can sip great cocktails by the large infinity pool or go to the spa. If you want to be amongst all the main El Nido attractions (Small lagoon, Big Lagoon, Secret beach etc) then there are better located resorts to choose from, but it is still easy enough to do tours from Cauayan.

Lastly, the food was excellent, everything we had was really really good. Unlike some of the other El Nido resorts, food is not all inclusive, but you do get to have an amazing free breakfast.

We did feel though that there were lots of areas for improvement, maybe due to the resort only being a year old and needing to iron out some things. These included:

- Internet is terrible and definitely needs improving (internet is needed to do research for activities amongst other things)
- Front desk and room service can only be accessed via Viber or Whattsapp, which is not particularly effective when the internet doesn't work half the time!
- Our outdoor light and bath plug didn't work and needed fixing
- The taps for the shower and bath were very confusing and there was no way you could fill up the bath (within a day) with the amount of water coming from the tap!
- The water from the shower smelt terrible for the first 5mins when you turned it on, maybe a plumbing issue.
- Getting to and from the boat at the back of the resort is hazardous from the crazing bopping around of the boat with the waves
- We also felt unsafe getting back from the Spa due to the high waves crashing around us - the walk-way here really needs to be a lot higher and we had to time it as not to get soaked by the waves crashing against the cliff.

All in all Cauayan is a great looking resort and you will be treated very special while you are there. I'm not sure that it lives up to a 5 star rating quite yet, and I wouldn't want to pay full price, but it is not far off - it is definitely one of the most beautiful resorts I have been to and the service was exceptional.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
3  Thank lfosbury
Reviewed 28 November 2017

My fiancé and I (who got engaged at Cauayan Island) had the most amazing experience at this resort. The staff was completely amazing. So diligent and thoughtful and wonderful. They went out of their way to ensure everything was perfect. We fell in love with this island, the people, the food, and each other. What more can one ask for?

Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
5  Thank chris0bennett
CauayanIslandResort, Manager at Cauayan Island Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 18 December 2017

Dear chris0bennett,

Thank you for taking the time to review our resort and thank you for choosing us as your destination here in the Philippines. We're glad we're able to help make your engagement extra special. Thank you for all the kind words to our staff. It's been a great honor for us to have become part of this very special moment in your journey as couple. We wish you all best and hope to welcome you here again in the future! Take care and stay in love :)

Reviewed 12 November 2017 via mobile

Cauayan resort is a hidden gem for a perfect holiday. The view from the beach villas is gorgeous, the service is excellent and the food very good (we recommend the local seafood and the tenderloin). With only 20+ villas, the island is not crowded and you can enjoy a lot of privacy. Highly recommended!

Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
5  Thank O4221JOlucaf
CauayanIslandResort, Manager at Cauayan Island Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 15 November 2017

Dear O4221JOlucaf, Thank you for this wonderful review of our resort. Appreciate you highlighting our beach villa, our service and our food. That's right, we only have few villas here at the resort and we intend to keep it at that. We know our guests value privacy and serenity, while being in close commune with nature. Thanks for choosing us a your destination here in Palawan, Philippines. Take care and have a nice day from all of us here in Cauayan Island Resort and Spa.

Reviewed 7 November 2017

The best resort I have ever been!!
everything was outstanding and the room was amazing as the whole experience!!
hope to have the opportunity to visit again!
the staff and manager were so nice and professional, and the food was very very good!

Room Tip: villa on the beach
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
3  Thank nivch89

Dear nivch89, Thank you for choosing us as your destination here in Palawan, Philippines. Appreciate you sharing your amazing experience here at the resort. We're really happy you had the best time here and we'd love to welcome you back in the future! Take care and have a nice day from all of us here at Cauayan Island Resort and Spa.