All reviews honeymoon suite no credit cards beach bar restaurant enjoy privacy romantic setting no electricity la plage bring cash filipino food rooms are beautiful breakfast is served every evening island hopping private beach you're paying rooms are big boat ride
Reviewed 16 July 2018

The Island was beautiful, Service is very bad, owner is not flexible and will not help the guest even you have several complains. ANd yes whatever negative feedback you are reading in Tripadvisor is true. We booked to this resort because there was a review saying that all the negative we read is not true but we experienced, service is the most important for us, even the island is very good if you are getting very poor service it doesnt worth it. They need to improve their maintenance, most especially the service. And for the owner, you have to have the guts to talk to your guest especially when you know that they are not happy with their stay.

We booked on June 2018 for two nights, when we arrived, they welcome us and let us sit at the bar as they dont have reception area. A lady called NIna asked us to fill up a form, I didnt fill up the form immediately as my face got burned from the wet towels they gave us when we arrived so i have to wash my face. During that time my partner is asking some general questions to Nina about the place, the accomodation, etc and surprisingly, the unprofessional lady answered "I will not answer any of your questions unless you sign the form". What is in the form is also our general information which we already provided to them during our booking, and take note our whole stay is fully paid three weeks before we arrived. This was the first unpleasant experience when we arrived.

We booked for queen room for first night and king room on the second night, again Nina offered us to choose any rooms we like as we are the only visitor in their hotel, and they have only five rooms, when we decided that we will be staying in King room so we dont have to move our things the second day they asked us to pay additional amount, so we decided to stay in Queen Room and asked them to refund the difference in rate as they were acting very nasty with us. They didnt accept. Because the owner is not flexible, we decided to follow our original reservation. For us we didnt lose anything but for the owner because of being greedy, he has to clean our room, change the bed sheet refill the toiltetries of the Queen Room while if they accepted that we stayed in one room he will not have to do that.

The place doesnt have electricity on day time which is causing inconveninece to the guess, two rooms we stayed in were not maintained well, shower heater is not working, the sink/drainage are blocked so the water stays long time because it drains. Theres a lot of mosquitos and insects in the place. Food is not yummy, you will order something and they will prepare something else. We had a lot of complaints which we discussed with one of the personnel called Rey, he was very new but he has 20 years experience in the same job in Boracay Island. He was very good and he made sure that we will be comfortable with our stay. Onthe other hand, the owner Thomas didnt even get bother to act on any of our complaints and he hides in his room which is also in the resort.

We booked for tour they asked us to pay for 7000 pesos for the tour so we said we will get the group tour, we booked for tour C, but again the unproffesional NIna get us Booked A/B which we already visited. So literally she screw our day because they couldnt get any tour that we want. Also when we ask them to book for us airport transfer, Rey told us taht it will cost us 1000 pesos, on the day of our departure NIna asked us to pay 1000 per person. You know that they are rubbing you bluntly, VEry bad.

Room Tip: all rooms have problems
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
6  Thank Maria Lourdes E
Reviewed 7 July 2018

My name is Murray Iversen ( South Africa )
I booked the Vellago Hotel last week on the Hotel web site , i got an e mail confirmation confirming this and paid in full there and then. ( Booking was for Dec/Jan peak season )
I then booked our flights from South Africa to Philippines and arranged my whole trip around this- This cost thousands of dollars ( not to mention booking the best room in the resort which was also a lot of money )
A couple days later i get an e mail from the resort saying the room is actually reserved for the owner, their web site was wrong , and they were sorry
They said i can no longer have this room but can have another room ( but for more money )
I replied saying i am not happy and asked for alternatives /options or for them to reconsider as i was a paying guest ( First time to Philippines )
They did not even have the decency to reply to me
Or book me another room
They refunded the money ( which i still don't have back ) and cancelled the booking with immediate effect and all i got was a paypal notification.

This clearly shows this hotel have no respect for their customers , don't care about them or the money they spending there and their owner is more important than their paying guests

I have travelled around the world for many years and have never had such disgusting service in my life

This is a terrible Advert for the Philippines

I will be telling everyone i know about this shocking customer service and STRONGLY advise anyone looking at this hotel NOT to book it

Regards

Murray Iversen
South Africa

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
6  Thank Murray I
vellagoresort, Manager at Vellago Resort - Adults only, responded to this reviewResponded 11 July 2018

Dear Murray,

I understand your disappointment and we are sorry that we couldn't offer you the Beach Villa over New Year. Fact is that the Beach Villa is the owners house and is only occasionally available. Therefore we offered you alternatively the Honeymoon suite or the option to cancel the booking. You rejected the Honeymoon suite and proposed "send the owner in the Honeymoon suite". As you can hopefully understand, your proposal was not really an option sending the owner out of his own house....

Reviewed 29 May 2018

We were blown away by our stay at the Vellago resort as part of our island hoping tour through the Philippines – The unique location of the resort means guests get a rare opportunity to stay on Seven Commandos beach, an extremely beautiful part of El Nido that is dream to stay and wake up in (Just Google it!). We stayed 4 nights and felt the beach and surrounding areas kept getting better, be sure to explore some of day bars and activities on the opposite side of beach which get empty towards the end of the day. Also, the whole day speedboat tour Vellago offers was one of best activities we did all honeymoon, 100% worth it.

The resort itself has 5 secluded rooms that sit tucked away up high in one corner of the beach, which means they all get a great view of the bay and as a bonus breakfast is served too your balcony – we felt this was a great touch and good way to enjoy the views. Better yet dinner can be served on the beach each night in a romantic setting – the size of the resort means each guest is valued and well looked after by Jay and his team, including 24/7 security.

Our only feedback was during our stay a few of food items remained out of stock so the menu was a little limited when ordering, but again given the location this was more than understandable.

In all, We loved it and would be more than happy to return in future

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 May 2018 via mobile

After reading some of the reviews before our trip I was a bit concerned about our stay. Though those reviews are totally misleading. This place is perfect! The view is just magic. Day and night.
We stayed only 3 days and 2 nights but we enjoyed every moment.
The customer service is excellent! After your arrival they take care of your baggage and welcome you warmly with a cold towel and a fresh coconut water. They explain you everything about the facility and guide you through everything you need to know. As it is a small resort everythinh is very personal and adjusted to your needs.
The rooms are beautiful and romantic. We managed well without the electricity and wifi during the day. You don't really need them as you are outside, enjoying the nature. Speaking of the nature just be aware of the food you are bringing inside of the room. Don't leave it there. Put it inside a fridge, unless you want an army of ants there.
Make sure you book some activities like island hopping tour(get a private one) or kayaking in case you are a type who gets easily bored. In that case you might find the resort a bit isolating as you need to take a boat to go to the mainland to the civilisation. Depends what you like. Personally I liked to stay away from all that.
The beach is beautiful with quite a good snorkelling. And you can always take a cayak and try also other spots, there is a lot to explore.
It is a famous 7 comandos beach, which makes it a one of the stops of the island hopping tours, so a lot of people comes there by the boat during the day. Though the resort has its private separate part of the beach, closed to public and all those island hoppers.

The food was great. I'm a vegan and they always found a good solution for me. The breakfast was my favourite as it was served on our balcony and we could enjoy privacy and our view . Lunch and dinner served on the beach. Every evening they prepare tables on the beach, with all the candles and flowers, sooo romantic
One night we had a special occasion and the staff prepared a beautiful romantic setting made of a tent, a sand heart and candles... They made a great effort to make it unique. It made me speechless how beautiful it was. I will remeber it for ever. It was just perfect!
I highly recommend this place if you are a free spirit who likes nature and romance

Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 April 2018 via mobile

If you read anything negative about this place, ignore it immediately. My wife and I decided to stay at this beautiful resort for 4 days after reading some great reviews and we definitely weren’t disappointed. We were on our honeymoon and had spent a week in Thailand taking in some beautiful beaches in Ko phi phi and Phuket before travelling to El Nido, palawan and we were immediately in love with the beautiful landscape and picturesque backdrop. From the moment we took the boat ride over to vellago we experienced the amazing customer service from all as they assisted us off the boat, took all of our luggage from our hands and shoulder carried our 2 pieces of 50lb luggage from the boat to our rooms. We were introduced to Jay who was hospitable and gave us the full briefing about the resort and the islands. Jay was incredibly knowledgeable and so friendly it was so easy to talk to him as we found a new friend. The resort has only 4/5 rooms for the public and it makes you feel privileged and incredibly exclusive as you have an entire beach front to yourselves. The rooms are beautifully decorated and despite the electricity you find yourselves on the beach, snorkeling and making new friends as you experience everything this place has to offer. The food at the resort is also top notch. Tess who we absolutely adored was fantastic and lovely. She took care of us fully and we couldn’t thank her enough. The drinks are fantastic from Darwin and he’s always willing to help you. Dudoy aka Ernie kept us company on the main beach as we waited for our boat captain. I can’t say enough about how great the staff was here. They honestly were our family for the time we were there and it was emotional leaving and saying goodbye. The owners Josephine and Thomas are great people also and it shows in how they treat their staff. Thomas was our tour guide for our private tour and he was really knowledgeable and made us laugh. Their dogs brownie and Bella stole our hearts. I could go on but don’t be fooled by the other resorts close by. The views the location and especially the staff make this a top place to stay. We miss you vellago. Hope to see you guys again soon.

Jay and Chanel.