All reviews water cottage el nido resorts chef carlos small lagoon private dinner our honeymoon limestone cliffs overwater bungalow all inclusive package boat ride song and dance private airport sunset cruise activity coordinators welcome song dive master the resort manager
Reviewed 13 August 2018 via mobile

The staff works extremely hard to ensure what you need is met. My friends just got married here and they requested to have their ceremony on a small nearby island close to Lagen. Though there had never been a wedding there before, the staff agreed and went out of their to make sure their wedding was as beautiful as possible going so far as to groom the whole beach - WITH HAND RAKES. This was just one of many examples where the staff showed that they truly cared about making our stay and wedding event memorable.

The views are literally once in a lifetime. That good. Make sure the staff takes you out to the “small lagoon” for kayaking. You will not believe your eyes.

The only downsides I would say are that’s the ants got in our room but they didn’t bite or anything. The ants made it hard to sit and enjoy our patio (we got a beach cottage) This is after all a protected wildlife space so big bugs are to be expected. Also the staff have limited ability to speak English, so you have to make sure they understand exactly what you want because they’ll sometimes nod their heads and do something else. Mostly small issues, definitely not deal breakers - you need to see this place.

While the accommodations are definitely nice, you’ll be floored by the insane beauty of Lagen and it’s small surrounding islands. My wife and I are still remembering it’s beautiful sandy shores...

Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 August 2018 via mobile

I travel alone, but the staffs take very good care of me and never let me feel alone.
  It takes 40~45mins from airport to resort by boat, but I felt like it only takes 20mins cause of the fantastic vew on the way.
  Total package includes island hopping tour, 3 meals delicious buffet a day and lots of activities.
  I do prefer scuba diving !The instructor Mr. Rowell is very professional, reliable and patient ! If you want do scuba diver or open water diver certification he will be your best choise. He is ok even for not native English speaker. Just follow him and enjoy the magnificent underwater world.
  Alcohol drink is little expensive here, but you can bring your own or do it while happy hour(16:00~18:00 limited drink buy one get one free).
  I take water cottage 118 as my room. The water will float up a little bit in evening. So I can fall a slee and wake up with the wave sound ,can't  tell how peaceful and relax it is. BTW, the massage(by Tina) is great, that's another must try thing in Lagen resort.
  Thanks for all staff take really good care of me, I will be back!

Stayed: August 2018, travelled solo
3  Thank ClaireL3941
Reviewed 9 August 2018

We stayed here with my boyfriend for 2 nights back in May and we really enjoyed our stay..but...when you pay so much for a night you really expect the best experience ever right? The food was tasty, it was good but it was not 500$ worth good. I feel like the restaurant standard didn't match the hotel standard. It could have been better! And on top of that my boyfriend got sick on the second day in the middle of the night so I went look for some water because the fridge hadn't been refilled in our room and I could not find ANY! I couldn't find a single person at the reception or anywhere, even went to the gym! That kinda ruined our stay but overall, we enjoyed our stay, did some kayaking, paddle boarding and the views from your room and the pool are SICK!

Room Tip: get the water cottage if you can :)
  • Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
ElNidoResortsPH, Manager at El Nido Resorts Lagen Island, responded to this reviewResponded 11 August 2018

Thank you so much for choosing to stay with us and for taking the time and effort to recount your experience in TripAdvisor. Guest feedback such as yours has immeasurable value to us, as this allows us to look into areas that need intimidate attention We are so pleased to know that you really enjoyed your stay. We do apologize for any inconvenience caused to you during your stay in regards to the issues and concerns that you have mentioned. We also hope that indeed your boyfriend is now feeling better. We shall be looking into these and address where in we see appropriate in our continuous efforts for improvement . We do look forward to another opportunity in welcoming you again soon!

With best wishes,

Lagen Island Resort

Reviewed 25 July 2018 via mobile

I was fortunate to visit El Nido Resorts Lagen Island.

Pure perfection.

The welcoming and goodbye band, the great food, the super friendly staff... all made the stay here worthwhile and enjoyable.

Be sure to visit the big or small lagoons and relish nature at its best.

Yes, I would love to go back here... this place is now in the must-return-to list together with Panglao, Bohol.

Magical, memorable and majestic. Not enough words to describe staying here.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 24 July 2018

Heart warming welcome and greetings by the staff led by Ms. Jen Zafra. They boast of a well balanced international cuisine in their buffet, thanks to Chef Nick. loved your sushi. Accomodation so clean and well maintained. I will be back soon to explore more andventures. Awesomeness on this island, worth the trip, highly recommended to my foreign friends from Sweden and Denmark, truly get your money's worth!

Stayed: July 2018