“Dinner every night during our stay”

Cadlao Resort & Restaurant
Ranked #11 of 143 Restaurants in El Nido
Price range: US$3 - US$18
Cuisines: Asian, European, Philippine
Good for: View
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Enjoy the overlooking terrace of the restaurant facing Cadlao Island and the South China Sea.Local, Asian specialties and international meals are served.All our meals are made with fresh local produce including fishes, lobsters, king prawns caught fresh every day. You can also try our Seafood pasta, our seafood curry our pork ribs and beef tenderloin.All our meals include side dish ; vegetables and rice or home made french fries or home made mash potatoes.The bar next to the restaurant a large list of drinks like wines, cocktails or healthy fresh juices.
Reviewed 2 August 2018

The prices were reasonable based on resort expectations. Great variety of foods that were very delicious. Happy hour is from 5 to 7 pm. Again staff were excellent.

Reviewed 1 July 2018 via mobile

We really enjoyed our stay at Cadlao, the staff are very friendly and helpful.
You can book tours and rent motorbikes through them!
The dirt track to the hotel location can be a bit bumpy but it’s only 5 mins from town and out of the busy El Nido along the coast line!
The restaurant is right on the coast and watching the sunset while you eat dinner is something you won’t forget!
Rooms are comfy and the hotel grounds are very well kept!
Only downside is no wi-fi in the rooms but who cares when your in paradise!

Reviewed 19 June 2018

We had dinner here and timing we’re able to watched the beautiful sunset since the restaurant is located beside the beach with amazing view of the sunset;
The table setting and arrangement is beautiful; may choose to sit inside or outside by the sea;
Ordered 1) squid in black sauce which taste so good; 2) spicy vegetables with coconut milk; 3) sizzling seafoods; 4) shrimp; 5) Kinilaw; The food taste great but a bit pricy;

Reviewed 18 June 2018

My brother asked me where did I want to go after my visit in Taal Lake. I immediately replied El Nido, Palawan. I wanted to see it before the heavy influx of tourism turns in into something too heavily commercialized as Boracay. My brother bought the airplane ticket from Manila to El Nido, which surprised me because I taught we will have to fly to Puerto Princesa then land travel for 6 hours to El Nido. It was very convenient that El Nido now has a fully functional airport which has a very beautiful back drop of unspoiled landscape. From the airport we went to Cadlao Resort and Restaurant which took us only about 10 to 15 mins from the airport probably even less. The resort is very clean, modern and the facilities were at par or even better with what you can find in Florida considering the cost is a lot less.

Reviewed 12 May 2018

This restaurant would be considered “off the beaten track” in El Nido as it is about a 15 min walk from the centre of town – out an unpaved dirt track running North parallel with the coast towards Calaan Beach. The restaurant has a lovely location beside the sea with amazing views.
It was our last dinner after a week in El Nido – and it was the best.

The setting is beautiful. You can choose to eat inside or outside in the garden by the sea.
The wait staff were supremely professional – somewhat unusual in the very casual El Nido holiday style.
The food was superb by my European standards. I had the grilled fish with lemon butter sauce and my partner had the local barbequed pork ribs with mango salsa.
The grilled fish was soft and succulent and the sauce plentiful and rich.
The ribs were to die for….meat falling off the bone, cooked to perfection….little fat and lots of meat. The mango salsa was light perfection with the meat.
Both dishes came with vegetables and french fries, and the quantity of food was large.

To comment on other reviewer's remarks that this restaurant was pricey, I would say counter and maintain that because the food quality was top class and plentiful, I would not class this as an expensive restaurant.
While the main courses were more expensive than in the town, we didn’t need to order sides due to their inclusion with the main course – so the cost was similar to what we paid each night in the town – but the quality was better.

Note that the restaurant does not have wifi and I also needed to walk the 50m to the reception to pay by credit card as the machine was not working in the restaurant – but frankly not having wifi in a restaurant can be an advantage these days and the fact that they do take credit cards was a positive in El Nido!

This is a culinary experience not to be missed if you are a foodie in El Nido.

Cadlao_Resort, Guest Relations Manager at Cadlao Resort & Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 25 May 2018

Dear Sir/Madam,

Greetings from Cadlao Resort!

Thank you for giving us a wonderful review!

We are so glad that you enjoyed the food at the restaurant and that we really appreciate for mentioning our one of the best selling fresh grilled fish and pork ribs. Rest assured that we will keep improving and that we will maintain good quality food at Cadlao Restaurant.

We hope that you consider of visiting us again so you can try out our new dishes.

Again thank you and we hope that you had a great time in El Nido.