See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 12 May 2016 via mobile

El Nido town can be really cramped, with structures of various sizes and shapes, with people, and with the ubiquitous tricycles. But a little yonder, just before the beautiful Marimegmeg beach, is a place called Corong-Corong where the atmosphere is more laid back and with a lot of breathing space. Here, nestled amidst a bunch of trees and beautiful ornamental plants is Treetops. It has only two huts, practically situated among the treetops with a spectacular view of the sea. The huts, made of native materials, are tastefully designed and are well- maintained and kept pristinely clean by Rorie Dulay-Sales, who is now looking after the place. Rorie, with Pipoy's able assistance, pays particular attention to the minutest details like putting flowers on the newly-made bed and towels shaped into fabulous creatures like swans and dogs! Breakfast is well-prepared and tasty with unlimited freshly brewed coffee. During breakfast or at sunset, you can relish the breath-taking view and immerse in the tranquility the place offers. Rorie is generous is many ways, like making you move around the kitchen as if it's your own. If you like whipping up your own meal (lunch or dinner), being in Treetops is definitely a big plus! Early in the morning, pick out some fresh catch from the market (it's approximately 1.5km jog or leisurely walk from Treetops) and Rorie will be quite happy to offer you herbs and spices from her pantry that you might require for your cooking.

Being in Treetops is just like being in your own place. It's very private and quiet, save for the crowing of the roosters and the chirping of the birds among the trees.

A word of caution, there's no air conditioning at Treetops. Midday can get hot but mornings are cool and evenings are balmy. Anyway, you'll end up being out in the sea or at the beach during the day, so this should not bother you too much.

At Treetops, embrace nature and the beauty it offers. The serenity of the place will certainly calm one's spirit. Indeed, a tranquil paradise.

Stayed: May 2016, travelled as a couple
2  Thank pokster
Reviewed 11 May 2016

Had a very relaxing 3 nights at Treetops. A little out of town, and not to its detriment.
Only 60 pesos for a tricycle into El Nido. The girl, whose name escapes me, that helped us during our stay was really lovely, the rooms, whilst simple and sparse, were quite pretty and the way the rooms are made up each day is flawless.
We were helped with any and all bookings and questions which was great.
I found it good value for money also.

• Stayed: April 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Richard W
Reviewed 17 April 2016

I stayed 3 nights here. We reached late night and the owner David was still awake to welcome us and helped us to check in and offered us some tea and fruits after a very long tiring journey which was amazing. We requested him in advance to book the tour for the next days due to we were not able to do. The cottage was clean, comfortable best. No AC but did not feel the requirement for a AC. Bathroom was small.The breakfast was excellent!!!

Room Tip: Chose the cottage which is near to the owner
  • Stayed: January 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 April 2016

We booked via airbnb - David is the owner and was very helpful when first booking but was away travelling when we stayed. The staff who took care of us were very sweet and friendly.
The little rooms are nicely sized with small seating areas outside - you can see the sea but there is not a proper 'beach' in this area however you can walk to a number of bars (including our favourite - the Happiness beach bar) and you can walk to Marimegmeg beach which is absolutely stunning. It is a bit of a challenge if you don't go at low tide (clambering over big rocks etc so be prepared or get someone to take you by road!).
The bathroom is a wetroom - The only thing I would have loved is a mop/scraper to get all the water to the drain after a shower so that it was less wet after a shower. Also a little broom in the room would be great so we can keep all the sand out! What can I say, I like to clean! If you don't like to clean yourself (!) then the cleaning was to absolutely impeccable standards - it was spotless everyday.
Breakfast was so great - the fruit was unbelievably fresh and the pancakes were delicious. My OH had the granola which he really liked.
It is a great quiet spot out of town that costs around 60PHP to get to from El Nido Town proper - I'd really recommend staying here instead of in town as it's much more peaceful.
The hotel can organise the tours for you including getting there in the morning but when we were staying we had to go right into town to start the tour - I'm not sure that this is always the case. The tours we went on were good - I'm not sure how different different tour operators are as they are all going to the same places!
I really enjoyed our time at Treetops and would recommend it to anyone staying in the area.

Room Tip: They are identical!
  • Stayed: March 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 February 2016

My boyfriend and I travelled for three weeks in the Phillipines over the Christmas and NY break. We spent 4 night's at Tree Tops and from the moment we arrived David & Grace made as feel at home.

The entire place is beautifully designed. The rooms are extremely clean and well presented. The towel 'creations' on our bed every day were a great touch.

The view you get at breakfast is breathtaking. Combine that with the excellent, cooked to order pancakes by David and you have bliss!

Overall, I couldn't recommend this place more. Thanks once again Grace & David for a brilliant stay. Best of luck with your future endeavours and sorry it's taken so long to leave a review!

• Stayed: December 2015, travelled as a couple