All reviews speed boat water cooler iced tea sabang pier samsung tv wished we could have stayed longer free laundry service nice tv worked perfectly facilities including floor room no elevator prompt response big swimming pool perfect accommodation the penthouse the hotel offers
Reviewed 17 September 2018

Located at the better, western end of the beach. The path from the beach leads between a couple of shopfronts and opens up onto the pool, open air dining and cocktail bar. We spent most of our 2 weeks diving PG's great reefs and LLV became our cocktail and relaxation retreat. After a couple of dives, there is nothing better than a pool-side chocolate shake and then maybe a cocktail or two made by the friendly bar staff. Meal prices are just slightly more than most places along the strip, but not by much and the food quality justifies the slight extra expense.
We saw all the rooms and they are all new, smart and with all the extras you would expect.
We only stayed there 1 night this trip, but we'll be staying there on next year's trip.

Room Tip: Basic rooms are great, but the sea view from the private verandahs of the higher rooms is terrific.
  • Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 September 2018

Stayed here for the second time on a dive trip. Chose a room on the second floor overlooking the pool and it was fantastic. Last year stayed in a high level room and found the 92 steps a big issue (they're building an elevator now). My room was recently upgraded with nice leather sectional, curved Samsung tv, comfortable king bed and great shower. The food here was really good and reasonably priced. 24 room service was a nice surprise. We used the dive shop here for all of our diving. The dive operation is fairly new and they are still growing and we had mixed feelings about them but overall would recommend.

Room Tip: Until the elevator is completed, avoid the high level rooms
  • Stayed: August 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 4 September 2018

It has been about 8 years since I last visited PG (Sabang). Small Lalaguna Beach has always been my choice for staying since it is within walking distance from the busier Sabang Beach and yet it is relatively quiet and peaceful.

This time I am travelling with my partner whom had never been to the Philippines before. To ensure the trip would give her a good impression for future visits to the Philippines, I booked a Premium Suite directly with Lalaguna Villa for the good reviews and location. It turned out that I had made the right choice.

The public transportation from Batangas to Sabang had recently been changed and all the fast ferries now goes to Muelle instead of Sabang Beach. The resort sent their speed boat to pick us up from Muelle pier, although at a cost but still better than taking a trike to Sabang then by boat or on foot to the resort.

The resort looks newly renovated. They have their own dive shop with almost brand new diving gear and a brand new diving boat. Service from resort staff and the dive shop is excellent and attentive. The view from our 5th floor balcony is magnificent.

The resort is constructing an elevator and hope it will be in operation the next time we come.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 August 2018

Great experience with Lalaguna Villas Luxury Dive Resort and spa.
We went for a long weekend and we had a good time.
For the first time we dive with this diving.....perfect.
The instructor Conan is very nice.
Thanks a lot!!!

Stayed: August 2018
Reviewed 6 August 2018

This is exactly the place to stay if you're looking for a great value, great food, great rooms and exceptional dive shop experience.
Hotel - The rooms are newly renovated and amenities are included in the room, setting this resort apart from the others on the island. Diving not your thing? The resort has a great pool for the kids! Was treated like royalty from check in until check out. The resort staff are all super friendly, helpful and attentive! Truly felt like family during my stay.
Food - You will dive several days and leave fatter. The meals are well priced and delicious! I recommend the Bicol Express. There are also happy hour specials and really good coffee drinks.
Dive Shop - Newly opened dive shop, means all fresh gear!! I rented all my gear for dirt cheap and had some spectacular dives. Best part about diving in PG is all the dives are 5-20 min away by boat. Oh and the resort has quality speedboats. The dive masters are great too! They are extremely knowledgeable of the wildlife in the area and where to find the nice fishies!

What more can you ask for from a resort? The only negative part about my stay was that it had to end so soon! Cannot wait to go back!

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled solo