All reviews samsung tv shuttle boat premium suite sabang pier water cooler iced tea wished we could have stayed longer floor room no elevator free laundry service the hotel offers high tide rooms are spacious and clean great holiday table tennis amazing diving awesome stay
Reviewed 29 August 2018

Great experience with Lalaguna Villas Luxury Dive Resort and spa.
We went for a long weekend and we had a good time.
For the first time we dive with this diving.....perfect.
The instructor Conan is very nice.
Thanks a lot!!!

Date of stay: August 2018
Reviewed 6 August 2018

This is exactly the place to stay if you're looking for a great value, great food, great rooms and exceptional dive shop experience.
Hotel - The rooms are newly renovated and amenities are included in the room, setting this resort apart from the others on the island. Diving not your thing? The resort has a great pool for the kids! Was treated like royalty from check in until check out. The resort staff are all super friendly, helpful and attentive! Truly felt like family during my stay.
Food - You will dive several days and leave fatter. The meals are well priced and delicious! I recommend the Bicol Express. There are also happy hour specials and really good coffee drinks.
Dive Shop - Newly opened dive shop, means all fresh gear!! I rented all my gear for dirt cheap and had some spectacular dives. Best part about diving in PG is all the dives are 5-20 min away by boat. Oh and the resort has quality speedboats. The dive masters are great too! They are extremely knowledgeable of the wildlife in the area and where to find the nice fishies!

What more can you ask for from a resort? The only negative part about my stay was that it had to end so soon! Cannot wait to go back!

Date of stay: July 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 23 July 2018

A stunning resort with a highly professional dive center . Rooms are spacious with good well furnished interiors. Excellent amenities. Sumptuous meals from the inhouse restaurant which even bake their own pastries. Warm and friendly staff. Excellent choice when in Puerto Galera.

Can't wait to see the new rooms and additional amenities!

Room tip: New rooms on the higher floors overlooking the sea will soon be available
Date of stay: July 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank ButchDy
Reviewed 20 July 2018

After staying a few nights at Lalaguna Villas I can honestly say its a well run resort that certainly highlights the small things that other resorts lack. The amenities surpassed my expectations and made me enjoy staying in my room . The diveshop is brand new and has nice experienced friendly staff more than willing to help me with my first step underwater. The restaurant was delicious and i recommend the pizzas ( the best in sabang).I cant wait to return and spend my next vacation here.

Date of stay: June 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 17 July 2018

Planning a family vacation, I spent a week searching for the perfect resort and dive shop before leaving the US to visit the Philippines. After reading reviews, viewing photos, and having a cousin in PH make a few inquiries, we finally decided on La Laguna.
And I don’t regret it.
Upon arrival, our family was greeted with a table already set for us, lined with complimentary ice tea and plates of brownies. Not to mention, a few masseuses jumped in to offer a massage as we looked over the menus. Needless to say, the staff was very welcoming, and it didn’t end there. :)
Our rooms were beautiful, comfortable, and well-maintained. Having a big family with us, we were split into two rooms, each one having a fully-applianced kitchenette, which is perfect for those who prefer to cook their own food. Everything else was of great quality, and the beds slept like a dream. The only setback was that one of our rooms was on the eighth floor, and with those stairs, every day was “leg day.” But the good news is that they will soon be installing an elevator.
As for the food, the meals were excellent. Everything tasted great, and Café Nemo has a variety of dishes to choose from, although I would love to see more vegetarian options! :)
The staff, as I mentioned earlier, were very accommodating and quick to respond to any questions or problems that arose. We did have some issues with the air conditioner in one room, but everything was promptly solved, and there was nothing that they couldn’t fix or accommodate. We also had the pleasure of meeting Chris, the owner of La Laguna, and it was clear that he upholds high standards for the resort. He also treated my cousins and me to a basket of fries one night––Thank you again, Chris! :D :D Overall, the owner and staff treated us like we were more than guests, but rather friends. :) This is one of the distinct things about La Laguna that I love––As far as the awesome staff that work here, it feels more like a close, friendly neighborhood than a business, creating a familiarity that sticks.
The main reason I chose to visit Puerto Galera was for the scuba diving. Learning to dive has been on my bucket list for quite some time, so I signed up for the PADI Open Water course. Without a doubt, La Laguna has an exceptional dive instructor and manager, Conan Fagan. He was thorough in making sure I understood everything, and patiently helped me through a small barrier I had with equalizing. Thanks to him, I (and other family members) had a beautiful diving experience, and we couldn’t have asked for a better instructor. He was also helpful with things outside of diving, such as recommending places to visit, where to park our vehicles, etc. He's basically the star of the show at La Laguna!
As for cost, our stay was pricey due to traveling as a bigger family and choosing room size accordingly, but I knew this well before booking. After all, this is a luxury resort, and that was what we were looking for. However, there are cheaper, standard rooms available if you’re on a tighter budget. Knowing prices far ahead of time, La Laguna was still my top choice for quality, aesthetic appeal, and providing a wide range of different needs and preferences that cover a 12-13 member party. After a nine-day stay, I can honestly say that I was well-satisfied and am already planning a returning trip soon.

Location: As others have stated, it is a 20 minute walk to Sabang Pier, but I enjoy the walk and don’t see this as a downfall at all (shuttle boat is also provided). We did have to go to the market a few times, so if you’re not used to the heat (like a Hoosier girl from Indiana), then I suggest going in the late evening. Have a little adventure!
As for the beach, there is a lot of coral out front, but the water is a beautiful, clear blue and perfect for swimming and snorkeling.

Cons:

As stated in the beginning, I was planning the trip from my home in the States, and to save time, I had a cousin in the Philippines call the resort to ask if I would be able to use my Amex credit card, to which they said it was fine. This was about a month before we came here, however, it wasn’t until we arrived that staff informed us a 4% surcharge would be added to the card. This was a bit inconvenient as the total price for our family to stay nine days (originally 7) would result in a slightly bigger surcharge that we hadn’t originally expected. However, after explaining the situation to staff, the fee was canceled without any problems. Also, I learned there are ****other options available to avoid the surcharge aside from cash****, such as PayPal, which I might do next time. Once again, staff were friendly, helpful, and pleasant to deal with, and there was nothing that couldn’t be fixed. No resort is without a con, and at La Laguna, all the pros outweighed my few cons. This resort is still my top choice, and I can’t wait to go back. :)

Date of stay: June 2018