All reviews asia divers dive operation barrel bar verde island dive sites recommend el great diving diving trip ocean view diving shop ceiling fan dive staff rooms are clean manila airport late at night sabang pier jamie
Reviewed 29 August 2018

Me and my boyfriend stayed at El Galleon for a week to do some diving. It was our first time to the Philippines and found this place via TripAdvisor/Google. The rooms were clean and spacious (a little squeaky though, but no bother), they had a nice size closet and in-room safe for your valuables, a decent bathroom and the a/c worked well..though I preferred the fan in the room. We met so many wonderful people from the hotel staff, bar staff to the dive staff to some of the locals diving on the boat. Awesome dives lead by Ruben, Maria, Jamie and Elly..hats off to you guys for pointing out things that I thought were grass!! It was an overall AMAZING time we had in Puerto Galera and one hotel I can definitely recommend. The food was great, the staff were soooo friendly and welcoming and the dives were fantastic! I can’t wait to start planning a trip for 2019!

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Allisonasiadivers, Marketing Manager at El Galleon Beach Resort & Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 24 September 2018

Hi Lindsey,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review. We're happy you enjoyed your time with us and look forward to seeing you back here. It is truly amazing of what interesting marine life we have here in Puerto Galera. Next time your back you'll see some new things I'm sure!

Reviewed 11 August 2018

I went diving in Puerto Galera Island and stayed at El Galleon which is associated with the Asia Diver diving shop. Everything is perfect: room (not luxury but clean), food, deck, close distance to the diving shop, etc.
There is nothing I would complain about. Staff were very friendly. I enjoyed moments of sitting at a table outside of the restaurant of the hotel watching sunrise sipping red horse smoking a cigar....

Room tip: Room with pool view is fine.
Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Allisonasiadivers, Marketing Manager at El Galleon Beach Resort & Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 August 2018

Hi Jon,

Thank you for your kind words. Hopefully you'll be back again to enjoy more of those peaceful mornings...

Reviewed 3 June 2018 via mobile

I don’t think I’m a picky traveller, but unfortunately my experience at this hotel didn’t live up to expectations.

Positives: Room was basic, but that’s ok. Bed was clean and comfortable.

Negatives: Air con barely worked which sometimes made it pretty uncomfortable. Shower curtain was mouldy and tiles were loose or missing. Towels provided had stains. TV didn’t work.

If I were to come back to PG I think I’d try my luck staying elsewhere.

Date of stay: May 2018
Trip type: Travelled solo
2  Thank danlee7
Reviewed 29 May 2018

I have been fortunate to have visited PG for dive holidays many times, and I will keep going back as it continues to improve year after year. The staff are highly efficient, whether you are diving, or in the bar, or having dinner, your every request is met with a warm smile and a no problem Sir. Leaving is the most difficult part of the trip, and often delayed to enjoy the place more. The diving is second to none, with around 30 dive sites to explore, and the highly trained staff (many of whom have been there over 20 plus years) become great friends as well as proficient dive instructors.
Truthfully, try it if you are a diver, and truly you will love it !

Room tip: best views of the beach
Date of stay: November 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Octopus_55_56, Marketing Manager at El Galleon Beach Resort & Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 June 2018

Thank you so much for your kind words Eric. You've been one of our regular guests here for many many years and we look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed 22 May 2018

Our second trip to El Galleon and Asia divers finds it everything it was on our first trip...diving was great...room was spacious and clean...food was plentiful and beyond awesome ...we did the full board meal plan...its a lot of food if you order all you are entitled to - our next trip will not be "full board" rather a-la-carte.

Water temp was 77-81 during our two week stay...we like the banka boats for diving over the speed board but that is a nit....vis was cloudy but you are there for the smaller reef stuff like nudibranchs.

will we go back?..yuppers....trip already booked for next spring...

over all value is fantastic at ElGalleon...

airport transportation can be arranged and constitutes a 2.5 hour taxi ride followed by one hour banka boat ride.

Room tip: most seaview rooms require navigating several steps while pool rooms do not
Date of stay: April 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Thank you Margaret for writing this nice review for us. We sure appreciate it and are looking forward to seeing you both again.