“Old hotel, bad services”
Review of Hotel Mega Anggrek

Hotel Mega Anggrek
Ranked #303 of 471 Hotels in Jakarta
Reviewed 24 October 2017 via mobile

Nice and polite staff at front but the service is very bad.

Call service from the room, they rarely pickup the call. I have to go down and request service directly at front desk. "You can wait in your room, my staff will contact you". But no one contact me later. Waste time.

Internet connection is very very very poor.

You should consider when choose this hotel.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business

Reviewed 16 July 2017

While I couldn't walk anywhere because of the main roads around the hotel, it was in a strategic location for me in the city. There were a few big malls only 5 mins by taxi. The room was good but buried away at the back of the building. The breakfast was light on but it was Ramadan so I expected that. The staff were very helpful.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 21 March 2017

This is the most strategic hotel near mega anggrek mall, and near my campus (Binus)
i always stay in mega anggrek and i have plus&minus during my stay
the plus are :
+ Good Location
+ Cheap
+ The Room (i always stay in deluxe room) so big,you can check my history undername Steven Haryanto
+ Free juice in the minibar
The minus are :
- The lighting always not bright in my room even in the outside in my room
- The Plugs didnt near my bed *always so i cant charge my phone when in my bed
- The shower can't release the hot water
- The breakfast selection always same,when i stay the breakfast only like that,and tasteless
- Parking are not free? (You must pay once and then free)
- And many of frontliner staff and didn't serve me? i remember when the hotel have a "Kementrian Pendidikan & Kebudayaan" event/rooms
- The frontliner at night not standby in the counter
- The staff (Frontliner) didn't mention about the wifi,so i always telephone to the frontliner staff (Login is Admin and didnt have the password)

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled on business
Reviewed 12 March 2017 via mobile

It's my first time in this hotel.
My sister booked it for NY celebration as we're gonna go out and impossible to go home as we live far away in the suburb.

First impression,
Oh dear this hotel is kinda old. We walked in and greeted by a staff that helpful. Again, i always think that 5* Hospitality is totally different with the 3*.
I dont blame anybody, just keep that in my mind that i shouldnt expect too much. Only 5mins to check us in, Went up stair and oh dear.
We couldnt use our swipe card, lucky we met a room service man. He swiped us in with "master key"??.
He said, oh it happens to all rooms from this level. And i was like.. Its a big NO.
I was thinking how could we go out and come back for sleep tonight?

We walked it, its a quite nice room but smelly and dusty. I think the smells came from the old wardrobe

My sister came back earlier and she said she cant get in cause of the swipe card problem. And she mentioned that to a room service boy that passing by.
He was helpful cause he directly told the management and 2 guys came to re-programmed the swipe card, thank God it fixed.
We were having party last night which made me slept over.
Came down to have breakfast at 10am seems like we were late.
But there are still some left over for us. And i ordered omellete, seems like the lady will not call you even though it has been cooked and sitting on the table for some time, you need to go and ask if its ready.
I found that some staffs are rude cause they kept taking off the foods even though there are still some guests were eating.
Foods are normal ( indonesian foods)
But some other days they'll change it to western foods.

Overall its just a so so stay, the location is pretty close to Mall Taman Anggrek which a plus for me.
Will i be back? Perhaps no, will try something better with same price.

Stayed: December 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 19 December 2016

Let's be clear; price-quality wise it's OK. Big room (de Luxe), comfy bed and pillows. Hotel is in desperate need for a full upgrade or refurbishment. Seems that, except changing the TV, nothing has been done since the hotel opened it's doors.
Biggest disappointment is the breakfast; overcrowded, not enough seating, and even worse, no employees to clean up the mess before the next guest arrives. Choices are minimal as well.

Room Tip: choose a deluxe room for a bit extra