All reviews exhibition centre attending a conference tennis courts underground tunnel business trip gelora bung karno under renovation swimming pool hotel guests spacious room pleasant stay mini bar japanese restaurant late check traffic jam business hotel breakfast spread
Reviewed 1 July 2018 via mobile

This is the apartment not the hotel. Mostly expats live here. Prime location eventhough it's old & need major refurbishment. However, the apartment is very spacious compared to newer properties in Jakarta.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with friends
Singgasana H, General Manager at The Sultan Hotel & Residence Jakarta, responded to this reviewResponded 6 July 2018

Dear Bobby S
Thank you for taking the time and trouble to review The Sultan Residence following your recent stay with us. I was delighted to learn that overall you enjoyed your stay -I and all the team look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed 22 June 2018 via mobile

I stayed in Sultan with my family and it was very pleasant. The staff were attentive, when they realized we were a family they offered us two rooms with a connecting door, very thoughtful.

The room itself is very spacious, and the bathroom is huge. Stuff that’s hard to find on newer hotels. Even though the hotel is old, I find it in great condition.

The breakfast was also great. We highly enjoy the dim sum, porridge, and many other options they had to offer.

Definitely will come back.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
Singgasana H, Manajer Umum at The Sultan Hotel & Residence Jakarta, responded to this reviewResponded 27 June 2018

Dear Malika A

Thank you for taking the time and trouble to complete a guest review following your recent stay at The Sultan Hotel & Residence Jakarta. I was delighted to learn that you enjoyed your stay and meeting - I have shared your kind comments with all our team members. We look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 19 June 2018

I stayed at the Sultan during weekend after Lebaran,
The staffs were friendly. The room where I stayed is Grand Deluxe, they upgraded me from Deluxe room. Cleaned room and spacious enough. And yes, it needs to be renovated as the design and the amenities were outdated. The location is excellent, very strategic near CBD areas, within the sports center area where the Asian Games will take place this year, and also near shopping malls. They have regular shuttle bus to Senayan City mall.
The Gym and the swimming pool are still under renovation, the staff said it might complete by the end of the year. But they gave us alternative to have the gym and swimming pool in the Sultan residence area. It's not far, you just need to walk 5 minutes. The pool is long enough and I love it. The gym was okay.
I ordered a room service, Nasi Goreng. It was delicious and they need to replace the napkin as it looked tired not fresh but clean though.
The food during breakfast was good. It was quite crowded at 9 am. I believe the servers were doing their best to serve, however on my table was not complete with a proper set up. I did not complaint but that's my observation. The variety of the buffet breakfast was okay but need more updated selection and better presentation and better amenities.

Overall, my experience was okay, and quite enjoyed my stay.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled with friends
Singgasana H, General Manager at The Sultan Hotel & Residence Jakarta, responded to this reviewResponded 20 June 2018

Dear iwan s
Thank you for completing a guest review following your recent stay with us. I was disappointed to learn that you experienced some issues and for this I apologize. Our new swimming pool will open early July 2018, in addition to a new ballroom and conference center.
I do hope you will choose to stay with us again when next in Jakarta.

Reviewed 18 June 2018

the hotel provides underground access to jakarta international conference center where many pictures point out historical moment had declared by the hotel in the international cooperation among Indonesia and countries in the world

Stayed: November 2017

Dear Hardy Y
Thank you for review -yes the area you mentioned is the covered walkway to the Jakarta Convention Center -which makes The Sultan the ideal Hotel to stay in if you are attending an event at the JCC.
I hope you will visit us again soon.

Reviewed 18 June 2018

Long time back, it used to be Hilton hotel Jakarta and I remember it as one of Jakarta's most prestigious hotels. Now, still located in one of most strategic locations in the city, the hotel does not have anymore the sense of prestige it used to carry, and in the same time has been left far behind the new competitors.
The good stuff: great location in city center, close to areas of interests, rooms are relatively large, breakfast buffet menu is quite comprehensive, staff are quite nice + responsive
The bad stuff: very bad maintenance (many things look too old to operate), lobby and rooms will give a sense of a very old hotel. No proper queuing system for breakfast despite the crowd (you have to compete with other guests to find a table). As an example, we had dirty water coming from the tap and the bathtub. The water had debris and deposits in it. We called for the technician who quickly came and fixed the issue. But still, water quality is quite an essential thing to constantly provide, not just a thing you fix only when there is a complaint.
Only total renovation and huge improvements can bring back the hotel to the race line, like the way it used to be the in the 80s and 90s. But as it is today, honestly there are so many better options to stay at.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family

Dear molamola17
Thank you for taking the time and trouble to write a review following your stay with us here. I was disappointed to learn that you experienced some issues during your stay wit us and for this I apologize. The Hotel is indeed dated in parts but shortly we will open a new swimming pool and conference area including a ballroom this will be followed by 192 suites early 2019 located in what was the main tower of the Hotel.
I do hope you will reconsider staying with us again -please contact me direct having made your reservation through your usual channel and I will attend to the arrangements personally -my email is gm@sultanjakarta.com.