1,496 results
All reviews oxtail soup jogging track bogor cafe tennis courts sop buntut olympic size swimming pool huge garden club suite children playground great pool national monument five star hotel busy city gambir train station japanese restaurant superior room enjoyed my stay
Reviewed 4 November 2017

One of the older hotels, located near the most famous Cathedral in Jakarta. Strategically located, this hotel has a huge swimming pool.
The rooms are old and in need of renovation. The doors to the corridor have gaps large enough to see into the room, and the A/C is weak, unless you luck out with a replacement unit.
Breakfast is ok, with a large selection.

Room Tip: Check the door for gaps large enough for people to see into your room, and check the A/C.
  • Stayed: December 2016, travelled on business
1  Thank Rosemary_Bun
Reviewed 29 October 2017

Location: in the old city centre, away from the big shopping malls but closer to the tourist sights; nothing is easily walkable due to the chaotic traffic, but taxis are easily available on site
Hotel premises: big and resort-style, but with very stylish touch and obviously plenty of references to the Borobudur temple; has a nice garden featuring a fantastic olympic-size swimming pool. The hotel hosts a travel and an efficient business centre.
Service: staff is friendly, helpful and efficient
Restaurant: there are several dining options, a tried a few and was not disappointed
Breakfast: good choice of different kind of products, featuring both Western and Asian food
Room: very spacious, clean and efficient and nicely designed, with good noise insulation providing for a good sleep; the bathroom though was clearly in need of an overhaul as the bathtub was corroded in several places and the shower head was effectively broken
WiFi: reliable and fast in the room and all common places
Overall: efficient top-notch hotel in central location, nicely designed, but bathroom disappointed

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 29 October 2017 via mobile

It is hard to explain the sheer size of the hotel campus. Over 5 hectares to get through. Not sure how many rooms, but the volume of amenity provided for the price is amazing. 6 tennis courts (2 indoor), squash courts, table tennis, massive pool, running track, soccer pitch, indoor, basketball court, spa, sounds, massage services, 6 restaurants, 2 night clubs, karaoke studio, cigar bar, conference spaces, shops, live lobby music, friendly staff. I know there is plenty more.

The only thing that could be better is the buffet quality, but for the price, this is value for money.

Oh, and this place runs on CoGen, so good to see it take the environmental aspect seriously.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
jimcosta, General Manager at Hotel Borobudur Jakarta, responded to this reviewResponded 29 November 2017

Hi Darren H,

As I was reading the reviews, I also wanted to take a moment to respond to yours. "Thank You" for taking the time out to review your stay and for highlighting all the facilities we offer here at this iconic hotel. I will be passing along your comments to the team and in particular we will be revisiting the buffet offering to ensure that we continue to offer the freshest and highest quality of food to all our guests.

Have a wonderful day and we look forward to your staying with us on your next visit to Jakarta.

Regards,

Reviewed 28 October 2017

This is a great hotel. The staff are super friendly and service oriented. There's a nice homy feeling even though it's a huge hotel. It's centrally located in Jakarta. Nevertheless,you feel close to nature due to the huge hotel grounds with a variety of outdoor facilities, including a long running track. Great for children too.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business

Good Afternoon pgammeltoft,

Just a quick note to say "Thank You" for taking time out to review your recent stay at Hotel Borobudur, Jakarta. I am always happy to hear that the team has delivered on our promise to offer a truly warm and friendly stay. By the way, we also agree that the hotel grounds and outdoor facilities are like none other in Jakarta for families.

Thank you again, we look forward to seeing you and your family again on your next stay at Hotel Borobudur.

Warm Regards,

Reviewed 23 October 2017 via mobile

I stayed for one night on 22-23 October. I came with great expectation as I grew up spending our holidays in Jakarta at this hotel with my parents. Upon check in, I was offered a twin bed room on 10th floor. So far so good, the attendants were friendly and nice.

However, my nightmare soon began when I entered the room. The first room I was given had a faulty shower/bathtub which can't be switched on properly. I waited for about 30 mins before I was moved to another room on the same floor.

The next room which was adjacent was equally problematic. The TV had an issue, it was too dark for comfortable viewing. The shower was dirty and had stains on the bathtub. I called the front desk again asking for another room. This time round, the lady who assisted us in person (someone from Club Lounge) wasn't as cordial in handling my complain. Mind you, this was already the 2nd room that fell short of my expectation. By this time, an hour had been wasted.

Instead of offering an upgrade to avoid the same issue, I was then moved to 7th floor which was quite a hassle but I had no choice. This room was alright at the initial inspection, but it turned out to be problematic again. The bed sheet was dirty and stained, the shower head was so rusty that it gave out yellowish water which the Club Lounge lady insisted wasn't rust. All these from a supposedly 5* hotel? Unbelievable.

I requested to speak to the General Manager but wasn't given the chance to. Of course, I will never go back to this property and I want to warn my fellow travellers to set your expectation well. This isn't a 5* hotel anymore, avoid at all cost if possible.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank heizeltm

Good Afternoon heizeltm,

I begin with an apology for the late reply, I have been trying to run down all the different events concerning your stay before responding.

I will try to address each area of your review. After reading your review and then following up with the various team members involved and reading the daily reports, in fact, I have not much else to say in this case except that we did not live up to our promise to deliver an exceptional experience to all of our guests. Making no excuses for the various problems, we have had several meetings now on the various points you mentioned in your review and hopefully, have made the necessary changes to procedure in order to ensure that this kind of experience never happens again. Both my team and myself sincerely apologize for all the problems and I would like to request at this point that you contact me directly via e-mail at: james.costa@hotelborobudur.com

I would like the opportunity to discuss this discuss in more depth, but feel that a more personal approach is constructive and hopefully, will result in us being able to show our sincere regret for your experience.

Thank you for your review and bring the various issues to my attention. It is only by getting constructive feedback that we can improve and in this case correct any problems in our policies or procedures.

Have a wonderful day and I look forward to hearing from you.

Regards,