“GREAT PLACE FOR GETAWAY.”

Hotel Borobudur Jakarta
Ranked #33 of 468 Hotels in Jakarta
Reviewed 5 August 2017

Nice place, clean room enclaves by a luscious garden in the big smoke, name Jakarta. Treat yourself with family once in awhile from this rat race by staying in Borobudur hotel. Sought the kids with a smorgasbord dinner and amaze yourself by how much they could dig ... bwahaha. Shuttle runs with another empty plate/s to the buffeted: really makes the money worth. DO NOT forget tips the waiter/ess and many apologists for their shuttle services for used plates/cutterly: yes, services charges were actually added to the bill but a little tip will put smiles to the face huhh. Ciao.

Room Tip: Superior and deluxe room ain't any different.
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Franz T
jimcosta, General Manager at Hotel Borobudur Jakarta, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2017

Good Afternoon from Hotel Borobudur Franz T.

I wanted to personally say "Thank You" for taking time out to write such a nice review on TripAdvisor. I am delighted that you and your family had an opportunity to really enjoy the large green area that is only found here and that the "never ending" buffet at our Bogor Cafe was both delicious and to your expectations. I also need to thank you for taking care of the team at the restaurant. They never expect to be tipped, but are always happy to know that they have done their part in making your stay enjoyable.

I will be sure to pass along your comments to the team and we all hope to see you and your family back at the Hotel Borobudur in the near future.

Reviewed 30 July 2017 via mobile

Borobudur Hotel was the first in Jakarta at which I stayed in 1988. It has not disappointed after a long absence. Its mix of traditional Indonesian and modern is charming. The service is impeccable, especially the well-used 18th floor lounge, the business centre and beside the pool. Most commended is Shandi, who's service by the pool with a smile and a short chat is outstanding. I've taught him the difference between England, Britain, Great Britain and the UK. I'll be testing him later in a most enjoyable stay.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank The_Dunmurry_Kid
jimcosta, General Manager at Hotel Borobudur Jakarta, responded to this reviewResponded 2 August 2017

Good Afternoon from Hotel Borobudur, Jakarta The_Dunmurry_Kid,

I have to begin with "That's a great user name" and maybe on the next trip, you can also teach me the difference between England, Britain, Great Britain and the UK since I am originally from across the pond! :-)

I also have to admit, I am always proud to see that the team, in this case you singled out Shandi have delivered on our goal to offer genuine Indonesian hospitality to all our guests. Seems that Shandi has been successful, I hope all the rest of the team will also deliver on this goal.

Finally, 'thank you' for taking time out to offer your review comments here. We all appreciate and look forward to reading reviews such as yours and others in order to work on improving our product offered and service that our guests have come to expect.

Have a wonderful day and we all look forward to seeing you again on your next stay here at the Hotel Borobudur in Jakarta.

Reviewed 28 July 2017 via mobile

Borobudur is a nice classic hotel, big you can enjoy the green gardens inside while working or jogging, big and clean swimming pool.
The hotel is in the downtown, near to Jakarta Monument National (Monas) , to Masjid Istiklal (Biggest mosque in indonesia) located next to the Gereja Catedral (Muslims and christiens are using the same cars parking)
The staff is friendly and the hotel has a classic charms. There you can feel safe when you see a proffessional security officers doing an excellent job.
In the restaurant you can try in the breakfast many kind of indonesian and asian foods.
Nice view from your room window either to the swimming pool or to Taman Lapangan Bantang a huge garden.
I really enjoy my stay in every visit.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank Elyes-Benachour

Good Afternoon Elyes-Benachour from Hotel Borobudur,

I wanted to possibly surprise you with a quick personal note to "Thank You" for your taking time out to write a review on TripAdvisor. I am happy to hear that you enjoy your stays with us and that the team continues to make each stay enjoyable. We are constantly on the lookout for ways to improve your next stay and we "promise" to always do our very best to make each and every stay even more memorable.

Thank you again and we look forward to your next stay with us!

Reviewed 24 July 2017

There are so many reasons to choose this hotel expecially for long term stays in Jakarta: Situated in the city's green lung in the government district, its wonderful tropical parc, lots of sporting and wellness facilities, ... But above all a warm and welcoming atmosphere - not to be given in big hotels! - due to the strenuous efforts of a great staff, at every time zealous to fulfil the guests desires. By the way, don't miss to visit Discovery Club on 18th floor. Thank's for great service there: "Terima kasih - Christo, Hasan, Chika, Rahmat, Ridzky, Barkah, Nuraini; Saya akan segera kembali!"

Willi

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
3  Thank Willi S
jimcosta, General Manager at Hotel Borobudur Jakarta, responded to this reviewResponded 26 July 2017

Good Afternoon from Hotel Borobudur Willi S.

By now, it is not a surprise to know that I as the General Manager of the hotel am responding to the TripAdvisor reviews. I usually take on this responsibility at any of the hotels where I am working with the intention to stay aware of guest impressions of our service and the product we offer. So, as you can probably imagine, with this responsibility, I have to read both good and sometimes not so good reviews and take appropriate action and finally, reply to our guests.

In this particular case, I was so very pleased to see your review. There can be no better comment by a guest than to see that the team has been successful in delivering the kind of service that translates into a "warm and welcoming" experience that you have described in your review! Thank you so much, I will be sharing your comments with the entire team (all 900 of them!). I also appreciated your mention of the truly unique setting the hotel is a part of. With more than 2 hectares of lush green landscaping and plenty of activities to choose from, we also believe that Hotel Borobudur stands out among other hotels in Jakarta!

Thank you again for the very nice comments, we look forward to "Welcoming" you back on your next visit to Jakarta.

Have a wonderful day and very pleasant remainder of the week.

Reviewed 24 July 2017 via mobile

Had another staycation at Borobudur last week. I booked for a superior room with double bed and pool view, but since the room I've requested wasn't available, the upgrade me to executive room. The room was nice, but still love the superior room better. The lay out of the executive room make the room feel to be smaller and the bathroom has no bath tub, only shower. My disappoinment was the refrigerator wasn't cold. The housekeeping staff who came to the room to unlock the refrigerator told me that it might not cold enough and if in one hour there was no improvement he told me to report. Bout 2 hours later it didn't get any colder, seem to get warmer so I report to the housekeeping department. 2 staff came (but different from the one who came earlier) and checked then they said it is cold enough and that's it, no further action. So I end up ordering ice cubes from room service to have cold drinks during my stay. But everything else in the room was okay and working properly.
I had dinner in the room and the service was good and quite fast. The food was delicious too. I also bought some pastries earlier during the day for snacks, they were good. I had breakfast at Bogor Cafe,the taste and the variety they offer was good but I'm sure with a little more efforts they can change from good to excellent.
Always love staying at Borobudur. Even the hotel is very old (if I'm not mistaken the hotel was established in the 70s) it is very very well maintained. Staying at Borobudur is like staying at your rich Grandma's house, you feel the luxurious warmth you don't get from new hotel.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with friends
2  Thank herrichan
jimcosta, General Manager at Hotel Borobudur Jakarta, responded to this reviewResponded 25 July 2017

Good Morning from Hotel Borobudur, herrichan

I wanted to take a moment to personally "Thank You" for your recent review here on TripAdvisor. I was particularly happy to read that the team was quick to respond to your room booking request and that the quality of food and service offered was to your expectations. I have taken note of your comment on the food offered at Bogor Cafe and assure you that we are always looking to improve the quality and variety in this restaurant.

I apologize for the problems with the mini-bar, to be honest, some of the mini-bars are older and have yet to be replaced. Hopefully, all rooms will have new mini-bars in the not too distant future. We are aware of the problem and appreciate your comment.

Finally, I would also like to invite you to follow us on one of the following social media in order to keep abreast of the numerous promotions, special events and news related to the hotel.

Facebook: hotelborobudurjkt
Twitter: htborobudurjkt
Instagram: hotelborobudurjakarta
Hotel Website: hotelborobudur.com

We are always updating these sites with the latest promotions, lowest room rates and events which I hope will be of interest to you.

Please let us know if there is anything more we can do to make your next stay with us even better than the last. Thank you for your patronage and loyalty, we appreciate your decision to stay with us!