“Best on Sport Centre and Klub Spa”

Hotel Borobudur Jakarta
Ranked #30 of 464 Hotels in Jakarta
Reviewed 13 July 2017

This hotel have very good sport and klub spa facilities. I check in this hotel at least 2x/year. Jogging track, swimming pool, tennis and klub spa are excellent. The room is very clean and have good view. You can ask front line to choose view. The one need should improvenent is food qualities. Sop Buntut is the only one food has good taste.

Room Tip: The room is very clean. Janitor staff is quite help to cleaning the room. I found shower bath was e...
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled with friends
jimcosta, General Manager at Hotel Borobudur Jakarta, responded to this reviewResponded 14 July 2017

Good Morning Ima_razak from Hotel Borobudur!

I wanted to take a moment to reply to your recent comments on TripAdvisor.

To begin, I was happy to hear that you enjoy all of the fine facilities that we offer here at the hotel. We also believe we offer a lot of great opportunities to get in shape, have some fun swimming, playing tennis or just shooting some "hoops" at our basketball court. Our outdoor jogging track is surrounded by some of the greenest area in Jakarta and surely in any of the hotels here in central Jakarta.

As for the food quality, we are routinely looking at ways to improve the quality, quantities and variety of foods offered here. The Bogor Cafe, which is the restaurant that I am assuming you are referring to in your comment will shortly go through a menu change which we know will improve the menu offering to our guests. Additionally, I have asked the team to review the quality of the ingredients we are using to ensure that the taste is what our guests will enjoy and deserve. I might also note here that we do have a number of specialty restaurants offering Italian, Chinese and Japanese cuisines. All three of these restaurants are ranked among the best in Jakarta, so I hope you will give these a try on your next visit.

So, I hope I have addressed your comments to your satisfaction and again, we look forward to your returning and staying with us again at the Hotel Borobudur, Jakarta.

There are newer reviews for Hotel Borobudur Jakarta

Reviewed 12 July 2017 via mobile

I had an interesting experience when stayed here. I already booked my room online in the morning, but by the time I got there my booking wasn't there and its already 9pm. The staff was really helpful to give me anoher room til my voucher came. Even,they gave welcome drink and upgraded the room. The breakfast was good,the swimming pool was big and the view was nice,definetely gonna stay there agan next timr...

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family

Good Afternoon Yanssens T.

I read your review here on TripAdvisor and immediately had to reply.

As the General Manager of the Hotel Borobudur, I can be no happier than when I see that the team has been responsive to our guests requests or special circumstances. One of our goals is to deliver a more memorable experience through flexible, individualized service seems to be taking root in the team culture. Evidence of our success in this effort is in reviews like yours and our greatest compliment is when a guest returns over and over!

I will be sure to pass along your comments to the team.

Thank you again for the very nice review, my team and I look forward to your return on your next visit to Jakarta.
Have a wonderful day.

Reviewed 10 July 2017 via mobile

This place is just Superb! Awesome greeny garden view and jogging track as well; super tasty and unlimited food offer for breakfast (i also took lunch and dinner buffet - sop buntut); big pool; the staff are all friendly and helpful; very nice gymnasium and its class and trainer; very nice jacuzzi (near the locker); it's all just more than words. Slipper and short is not allowed at the lobby and the restaurant, but i saw a woman enter the restaurant with the slipper after begging to the staff hehe (Sunday morning, July 9th 2017)..just for improvement. Overall, i love this hotel, i'll come back again soon.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled solo
jimcosta, General Manager at Hotel Borobudur Jakarta, responded to this reviewResponded 13 July 2017

Good Afternoon febbypadang,

Thank you very much for taking time out to write this review on TripAdvisor. I will be sure to pass along all your comments to the team. I was happy to read that you had time to enjoy the many facilities we offer for your recreation and enjoyment. I might suggest here that on your next visit, you indulge yourself with one of the many signature spa treatments at our Klub Borobudur. You won't be disappointed.

Next, I was particularly happy to read that the team provided the service that you expected. I took note of your comment about the slippers and "YES" I guess on occasion the staff will "give in" and allow guests to enter the restaurant with slippers, however, we are mindful that we are a 5 star hotel and as such try as best we can to maintain a certain level of decorum and dress code. We will continue to do our best concerning this - thanks for tip!

Well, again, thanks for the kind review, I sincerely hope that you will continue to stay with us here at Hotel Borobudur in the future.

Reviewed 10 July 2017

The title is what I can say about this hotel. The staff are very nice and welcoming and make you feel valued. The room in the executive floor was ok, but oldish...and grey old very used towels. They also keep forgetting to leave the face cloths each day. The small inside shoes were used by someone before me. bed as hard as a rock, but fine for me. The air-condition took 4 hours to cool my room when I arrived but was ok, albeit NOISY, there after. Breakfast has a large variety, but no PORK at all. Room service nothing to call home about. Beautiful swimming pool and surrounding gardens, tennis courts etc but if you are on business, no time for any of this, thus good hotel for families on vacation, maybe not so much for the busy business traveler. Wifi works fine throughout the hotel. But management, please throw away all the towels and get some bright white new ones.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank gruyeresuisse

Good Afternoon atticabasel from Hotel Borobudur, Jakarta.

As you can probably already see, I usually will respond on behalf of the team and myself to TripAdvisor reviews. As such, again, I want to begin by "thanking you" for taking time out to write and bring a few matters to our attention.

So, let me begin with the positive things! I was happy to read that while you may not have had time to enjoy all the facilities, you did note the large green areas of the hotel, our large pool and tennis courts. I hope that on your next stay, you will be able to spend time enjoying some of these great recreational facilities or just a stroll on the walking path around the gardens.

On to the various issues you pointed out. I have immediately taken action on the comment concerning the housekeeping issues and the old towels. In fact, we recently purchased all new towels and as such, you should never have received on old "grey" towel as you mentioned. I can assure you, this will not happen again. As for not receiving face towel over the course of your stay, we have also taken note of this and will reinforce the inspection program which is designed to ensure that every room is ready - every day... I apologize for this issue, it should not have happened. I have also discussed the comment regarding the "used" slippers with the housekeeping manager and again, we apologize, this too, should not happen and I can honestly say is not the standard we adhere to here at Hotel Borobudur.

Moving on to the F&B, I cannot be sure of course, but pork is a regular offer at the breakfast, but because we are in a Muslim country and respect the "Halal" requirements, pork is cooked in a separate kitchen and offered on the other side of the restaurant. We apologize, sometimes the location of the pork is not readily seen by guests, so if you do not ask, you might not see it until too late.

So, I hope I have addressed most of the issues that you so rightfully mentioned. I appreciated your candid comments and the team and I have taken the appropriate action to ensure that these same mistakes do not happen again.

I hope you will consider Hotel Borobudur on your next visit and give us another opportunity to service you and demonstrate what a truly unique hotel this really is.

Have a wonderful day and feel free to contact us if we can be of any service to you now or in the future at reservations@hotelborobudur.com

Reviewed 10 July 2017

It is such a nice old hotel with a very good maintenance. We like the outdoor and surrounding area a lot. This hotel has a jogging track, a very long swimming pool (and the kid's pool as well), the fish pond, and they also have a butterfly house. The breakfast is quite good with lots of choice. The location is also good, not too far from the city center (such as Monas, shopping malls or rail station). One of its restaurant named Bogor Cafe is very famous for its delicious oxtail soup, you have to try it. But it is a little bit difficult to find a parking space, and you need to walk quite far from the parking area to your room. But overall, this hotel is highly recommended especially for the family gateway.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
jimcosta, General Manager at Hotel Borobudur Jakarta, responded to this reviewResponded 11 July 2017

Good Afternoon eve1809,

I wanted to personally "Thank You" for the very kind review here on TripAdvisor. I will be sure to pass it along to my entire team.

We also believe that even though the hotel is older, it is an icon of Jakarta and still represents what a luxury hotel is. I also appreciated your mentioning the various services that you and your family enjoyed and of course, our famous "BUNTUT" oxtail soup which is known to be the BEST in Jakarta.

Thank you again for the nice comments, please let us know if there is anything more we can do to make your next stay with us even more memorable and enjoyable.