Hotel Borobudur Jakarta
HIExpress.com
  • Breakfast included
US$137
Savings alert! 19% below average rates

The price you found is 19% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$169/night.

US$65
US$107
US$49
US$152
US$143
  • Pool
Rasuna Icon Jakarta(Jakarta)(Great Value!)
US$80
US$648
US$297
Priceline
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$341/night.

US$236
  • Breakfast included
1,436 results
All reviewsjogging trackoxtail soupbogor cafetennis courtssop buntutolympic size swimming poolhuge gardenchildren playgroundgreat poolnational monumentbusy cityfive star hoteljapanese restaurantsuperior roomgreat facilitiesenjoyed my staythe club lounge
Reviewed 12 July 2017 via mobile

I had an interesting experience when stayed here. I already booked my room online in the morning, but by the time I got there my booking wasn't there and its already 9pm. The staff was really helpful to give me anoher room til my voucher came. Even,they gave welcome drink and upgraded the room. The breakfast was good,the swimming pool was big and the view was nice,definetely gonna stay there agan next timr...

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
jimcosta, General Manager at Hotel Borobudur Jakarta, responded to this reviewResponded 14 July 2017

Good Afternoon Yanssens T.

I read your review here on TripAdvisor and immediately had to reply.

As the General Manager of the Hotel Borobudur, I can be no happier than when I see that the team has been responsive to our guests requests or special circumstances. One of our goals is to deliver a more memorable experience through flexible, individualized service seems to be taking root in the team culture. Evidence of our success in this effort is in reviews like yours and our greatest compliment is when a guest returns over and over!

I will be sure to pass along your comments to the team.

Thank you again for the very nice review, my team and I look forward to your return on your next visit to Jakarta.
Have a wonderful day.

Reviewed 10 July 2017 via mobile

This place is just Superb! Awesome greeny garden view and jogging track as well; super tasty and unlimited food offer for breakfast (i also took lunch and dinner buffet - sop buntut); big pool; the staff are all friendly and helpful; very nice gymnasium and its class and trainer; very nice jacuzzi (near the locker); it's all just more than words. Slipper and short is not allowed at the lobby and the restaurant, but i saw a woman enter the restaurant with the slipper after begging to the staff hehe (Sunday morning, July 9th 2017)..just for improvement. Overall, i love this hotel, i'll come back again soon.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled solo
jimcosta, General Manager at Hotel Borobudur Jakarta, responded to this reviewResponded 13 July 2017

Good Afternoon febbypadang,

Thank you very much for taking time out to write this review on TripAdvisor. I will be sure to pass along all your comments to the team. I was happy to read that you had time to enjoy the many facilities we offer for your recreation and enjoyment. I might suggest here that on your next visit, you indulge yourself with one of the many signature spa treatments at our Klub Borobudur. You won't be disappointed.

Next, I was particularly happy to read that the team provided the service that you expected. I took note of your comment about the slippers and "YES" I guess on occasion the staff will "give in" and allow guests to enter the restaurant with slippers, however, we are mindful that we are a 5 star hotel and as such try as best we can to maintain a certain level of decorum and dress code. We will continue to do our best concerning this - thanks for tip!

Well, again, thanks for the kind review, I sincerely hope that you will continue to stay with us here at Hotel Borobudur in the future.

Reviewed 10 July 2017

The title is what I can say about this hotel. The staff are very nice and welcoming and make you feel valued. The room in the executive floor was ok, but oldish...and grey old very used towels. They also keep forgetting to leave the face cloths each day. The small inside shoes were used by someone before me. bed as hard as a rock, but fine for me. The air-condition took 4 hours to cool my room when I arrived but was ok, albeit NOISY, there after. Breakfast has a large variety, but no PORK at all. Room service nothing to call home about. Beautiful swimming pool and surrounding gardens, tennis courts etc but if you are on business, no time for any of this, thus good hotel for families on vacation, maybe not so much for the busy business traveler. Wifi works fine throughout the hotel. But management, please throw away all the towels and get some bright white new ones.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank gruyeresuisse

Good Afternoon atticabasel from Hotel Borobudur, Jakarta.

As you can probably already see, I usually will respond on behalf of the team and myself to TripAdvisor reviews. As such, again, I want to begin by "thanking you" for taking time out to write and bring a few matters to our attention.

So, let me begin with the positive things! I was happy to read that while you may not have had time to enjoy all the facilities, you did note the large green areas of the hotel, our large pool and tennis courts. I hope that on your next stay, you will be able to spend time enjoying some of these great recreational facilities or just a stroll on the walking path around the gardens.

On to the various issues you pointed out. I have immediately taken action on the comment concerning the housekeeping issues and the old towels. In fact, we recently purchased all new towels and as such, you should never have received on old "grey" towel as you mentioned. I can assure you, this will not happen again. As for not receiving face towel over the course of your stay, we have also taken note of this and will reinforce the inspection program which is designed to ensure that every room is ready - every day... I apologize for this issue, it should not have happened. I have also discussed the comment regarding the "used" slippers with the housekeeping manager and again, we apologize, this too, should not happen and I can honestly say is not the standard we adhere to here at Hotel Borobudur.

Moving on to the F&B, I cannot be sure of course, but pork is a regular offer at the breakfast, but because we are in a Muslim country and respect the "Halal" requirements, pork is cooked in a separate kitchen and offered on the other side of the restaurant. We apologize, sometimes the location of the pork is not readily seen by guests, so if you do not ask, you might not see it until too late.

So, I hope I have addressed most of the issues that you so rightfully mentioned. I appreciated your candid comments and the team and I have taken the appropriate action to ensure that these same mistakes do not happen again.

I hope you will consider Hotel Borobudur on your next visit and give us another opportunity to service you and demonstrate what a truly unique hotel this really is.

Have a wonderful day and feel free to contact us if we can be of any service to you now or in the future at reservations@hotelborobudur.com

Reviewed 10 July 2017

It is such a nice old hotel with a very good maintenance. We like the outdoor and surrounding area a lot. This hotel has a jogging track, a very long swimming pool (and the kid's pool as well), the fish pond, and they also have a butterfly house. The breakfast is quite good with lots of choice. The location is also good, not too far from the city center (such as Monas, shopping malls or rail station). One of its restaurant named Bogor Cafe is very famous for its delicious oxtail soup, you have to try it. But it is a little bit difficult to find a parking space, and you need to walk quite far from the parking area to your room. But overall, this hotel is highly recommended especially for the family gateway.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
jimcosta, General Manager at Hotel Borobudur Jakarta, responded to this reviewResponded 11 July 2017

Good Afternoon eve1809,

I wanted to personally "Thank You" for the very kind review here on TripAdvisor. I will be sure to pass it along to my entire team.

We also believe that even though the hotel is older, it is an icon of Jakarta and still represents what a luxury hotel is. I also appreciated your mentioning the various services that you and your family enjoyed and of course, our famous "BUNTUT" oxtail soup which is known to be the BEST in Jakarta.

Thank you again for the nice comments, please let us know if there is anything more we can do to make your next stay with us even more memorable and enjoyable.

Reviewed 6 July 2017 via mobile

Stay here for idul fitri holliday with families, such an amazing hotel with lush garden with fresh air, joging track, kids outdoor area, fish pond, olympic size swimming pool, great gym and sauna facilities, basket ball, tennis court, overall this place good choice for family short getaway in the heart of jakarta with many choice of healthy activities. Though the hotel is old but still in very good maintenance. Breakfast was also good.

What need to be improved is their service, late for check in because the room is ready at almost 4 pm, though it was very crowded dud to holliday season but its not an exceptions for 5 stars hotel, maybe its still oke if we get compliment for late check out or upgrade to any available room but didnt

Overall my family enjoy our stay and wish to be back soon

Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
jimcosta, General Manager at Hotel Borobudur Jakarta, responded to this reviewResponded 8 July 2017

Good Afternoon from Hotel Borobudur cenditravelover.

I just read your review and wanted to begin by "Thanking You" for taking time to write here on TripAdvisor and for mentioning all the facilities we offer for families. We also agree that Hotel Borobudur is unique in Jakarta with its' huge green areas, playground for children and other recreational facilities for the entire family... I was also happy to hear that you enjoyed the breakfast.

I must now apologize on behalf of the team for the less than expected arrival and check-in experience. It is true as you fairly noted that we were very busy with the annual Idul Fitri holiday rush, but that certainly is not an excuse for being prepared to make guests arrival smooth and memorable. I have noted your comments and recommendations (which we should have done) and will be bringing these up with my team at our daily meeting. I appreciate your comments, since as you well know, guest comments are the best way to ensure that we as a team are doing our jobs!

Thank you again, and I sincerely look forward to you and your family visiting us again in the near future.
If I can be of any further assistance to you, please do not hesitate to contact me directly at: james.costa@hotelborobudur.com

Have a good day and wonderful weekend ahead.