Here we are, about hotel step by step:
GENERAL DESCRIPTION. Overall - very good experience and pleasant stay. The level of their service is REALLY SUPER HIGH! Everyone is very polite and very very welcome, sometimes I thought they want to kiss my feet)))
Hotel is an old one but very good maintained. Decorations, flowers, palms....all quite impressive) Have quite a number of places to take photos. I haven't really liked the smell in the corridors....like my UK grandma house (but not in rooms).
Just what you need - fast and welcome check-in/check-out. Every time I was calling they call my by my name, that was very agreeable.
Room was really spacious with sofa (3 or even 4 seater sofa) nice big and comfortable bed, bath tub, separate shower cabin, separated toilet with bidet (!).
Here is not everything is so smooth from my point of view. Lets see:
- Advantages: good variety of serials, local (Indonesian) and Asian food, pastry, good cheese choice, even guacamole, good choice of juice and one type of smoothie (changing every day), restaurant is with a nice view and "invisible personnel".
- Disadvantages: Does 5 star hotel should have smoked/fresh salmon? I haven't found it. Also haven't found appropriate Western taste fish and other food, just got fresh salad, egg....very standard.
What i really DISLIKE is that in that high service class hotel every time I go to breakfast (it was not prepaid but they had my deposit) they ask me to sign the bill IN THE MIDDLE OF MY FOOD ENJOYING.....Can't you wait until I finish? It was really uncomfortable to sign the bill on the knees or on the plate with food.....this was disappointing thing.
FANTASTIC (!), nothing to argue. In-room dining was hot, tasty and quite fast cooked and delivered.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The luxurious hotel is located in the prestigious financial and diplomatic district in the heart of Jakarta, a few minutes from the highway and 30 km from the Soekarno-Hatta international airport. Just 10 minutes from the commercial district, 15 minutes from the National Museum and Presidential Palace and 20 minutes from the nearest golf course. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), Agoda, Booking.com, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Gran Melia Jakarta reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gran Melia Jakarta Hotel Jakarta
- Sol Melia Jakarta
- Jakarta Gran Melia