1,713 results
All reviews horizon club satoo restaurant horizon floor lobby lounge buffet restaurant business trip excellent hotel swimming pool blue bird room service is home away from home five star hotel breakfast spread enjoyed my stay business hotel deluxe room bats
Reviewed 18 November 2017

We stayed here for one night and was wowed by the staffs effort to go the extra mile to make our stay a truly comfortable one!

To the management of Shangri-La: Dhimas is definitely an asset to the hotel. We were trying to get an Indonesian sim card as we were going to travel to Bandung however due to time constraint we were having difficulties. Dhimas who was aware of our situation, remarkably gave us a wifi dongle! I was impressed!
Thank you to the Guest Relations/Guest Services and Chefs who made those Man-U cookies!
We love it.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business
SLJGM, General Manager at Shangri-La Hotel Jakarta, responded to this reviewResponded 19 November 2017

Dear slamsa,

Thank you for sharing this wonderful review and I truly agree that our colleagues’ are the most valuable assets for our hotel.
We highly appreciate your compliments, especially your acknowledgement of Dhimas and the Guest Relations and Pastry Teams; they will be very proud to read your kind words.
It is a pleasure to have you as our guest and we look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit.

Reviewed 17 November 2017

Stayed for 2Ns in the standard room in two consecutive week in Nov for business.

The best part about this hotel is the people, who are the epitome of Indonesian hospitality at the finest. Everyone I met is not just a well-trained 5-star hotel polite personnel. But they are enthusiastic, cheerful and delighted to be of service to help the guests, making it a joy to stay here.

Is a sham though the hotel room was not 100% clean on both occasion of my stay. During my first stay, there were small safety pins and hair pins left on the sink top that I had to clear away . On my second stay, I just randomly decided to glance the inset corner of the sink when I first step into the bathroom, and I found few strand of hairs that I have to rinse it off. Some improvement is definitely needed in the house-keeping department, but all in all the room is still pretty clean.

While it is not attached to any shopping mall, there are enough f&b option within the hotel. Even with the bad traffic jam, I managed to reach my office (1.5km away) ~30mins. Security is tight and the property is well insulated from main road which is a "haven" from hustle and bustle of main street.

But I wouldn't recommend this property for leisure though as it is not attached to a mall and while it is easy to get a taxi out, I'm always apprehensive about not being able to get a taxi back. But overall I would recommend it for the business traveller who likes efficient concierge and proximity to biz district for work. And I would return whenever for my biz trip in JKT.

1  Thank Rara K

Dear Rara K,

While I am glad to know that you had an enjoyable stay, however I do regret that your stay was less than perfect due to the cleanliness issue that you have mentioned. It is most definitely the little things that make a big difference and please rest assured that your feedback has been discussed at length with our Housekeeping Team for further improvement.
We also appreciate your recognition of our colleagues and the service they provide. They are indeed our greatest asset and your compliments will surely motivate them to keep presenting the best service to our guests.
Whilst not attached to a mall, we are regarded as the urban oasis within Jakarta and with our resort like facilities, certainly attract a great deal of leisure business.
It is great to know that you will be back and we look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit.

Reviewed 13 November 2017

Every staff is very helpful, room is awesome with a view of the city. Design style of the place is a bit old fashioned in my opinion. Internet is very fast and the pool is beautiful. Breakfast in Satoo is great, wide variety of food served.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled solo
SLJGM, General Manager at Shangri-La Hotel Jakarta, responded to this reviewResponded 15 November 2017

Dear Tonsilito,

Thank you for sharing your review and I am pleased to know that you had an overall excellent stay.
It also delights me to learn that you love the signature Shangri-La fragrance in our lobby and hopefully it will evoke pleasant memories about your experience here.
Thank you for your visit and we look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed 13 November 2017

I love shangrila it is the one of the best hotel in the world,so i recomend it to all my family and relative and frind to stay in shangrila hotel during their viste in any city they go

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with shangri-la.com
SLJGM, General Manager at Shangri-La Hotel Jakarta, responded to this reviewResponded 13 November 2017

Dear fuad2000,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a generous review.
We are honoured to be considered as one of the best hotels in the world and grateful for your recommendation to your relatives.
It is a pleasure to be of service and we look forward to providing you with another excellent stay on your next visit.

Reviewed 11 November 2017

People are very accommodating. They can easily grasp command and instructions via English. Strong internet connection in the entire establishment. Food is also great showcasing Indonesian and Japanese cultures.

Review collected in partnership with shangri-la.com
SLJGM, General Manager at Shangri-La Hotel Jakarta, responded to this reviewResponded 12 November 2017

Dear jayj328,

I am glad to learn that our colleagues service, internet connection and F&B options have combined to make your recent stay an excellent one.
It is a pleasure to have you as our guest and we look forward to welcoming you back in the future.