1,103 results
All reviews mid plaza blue terrace business trip banquet team business hotel club room great business lobby lounge executive floor excellent hotel business district late check buffet breakfast japanese restaurant pleasant stay meeting room traffic jam
Reviewed 14 October 2017

I was just a little apprehensive to see if the change of ownership from the Intercontinental hotel group to Ayana would have any negative impact on the quality of this hotel. I needn't have worried. From my arrival close to midnight one midweek evening to my departure 3 days later my stay was really enjoyable.

I liked the fact that I was provided with a large, comfortable room on the Executive floor at the 14th level. It had all the features I expect in a luxury hotel including a large, king sized bed, flat screen TV, stylish dark red wooden furniture, desk, plenty of electrical sockets & free bottled water, free WiFi, and large, separate, fully equipped, modern bathroom. I particularly liked the large, walk in shower even though I struggled to regulate the water temperature.

Each morning I took my breakfast in the tiny executive dining room area where I was looked after like a VIP. The choice from the buffet was obviously not as extensive as the main breakfast area many floors below but the quiet, exclusivity of this executive area was something special. By the way, the polite, friendly professionalism of all the staff I came into contact with was outstanding.

On my last day I checked out at the desk in the executive area on the 14th floor and left my luggage in the hotel as I only had a hotel limo pick up at 21:30 that same evening. After a busy day of work and following evening dinner I returned to the hotel. A helpful lady suggested that I might want to freshen up before my long journey home. She pointed me in the direction of the hotel spa on the second floor where I could take a welcoming shower and change my clothes.

In summary, a luxury stay in a very comfortable hotel with excellent staff.

• Trip type: Travelled on business
AYANA Midplaza ... I, Executive Assistant Manager at AYANA Midplaza JAKARTA, responded to this reviewResponded 15 October 2017

Dear eyekaytoo

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience in Tripadvisor

I am happy to ready that you have wonderful experience with us. We always aim to deliver exceptional service and to make our guests had a memorable stay with us.

I hope to have the chance to welcome you back at AYANA Midplaza, JAKARTA and perhaps you try some of our delightful restaurants.

Regards

Reviewed 10 October 2017

The comforts and pleasures of Indonesian grace and hospitality, born from ages old traditions that value guests as they would honored family, when combined with modern professional standards of services being designed and delivered for the competitive market of international luxury holteliers, have given rise to The Ayana.

Each and every contact or communication with any and all staff of the Ayana began with a smile and a greeting. Whether of a serious and urgent business matter, a misplaced i-phone (found), or a trouser hem needing hand stitched attention (perfectly repaired and returned swiftly)

The Executive Lounge Privileges are well named as such. Services were executed accurately, promptly, and smoothly. Consistently high standards of the food services in the Executive Lounge made me feel privileged to be a guest at the Ayana.

As a guest of over one month's duration amd it being my third visit, I became acquainted with their range of facilities and services. Jimbaran offers both a resort feeling for drinks and light meals as well as being a comfortable observation post for a glimpse into the well-heeled social life of Jakarta. From pop star weddings (and accompanying papparazzi) to high school graduation celebrations (and accompanying parental and teacher papparazzi) the Ayana if focussed upon meeting the needs of family and community.

My favorite times of the week, in what had becomd predictable hotel life at the Ayana, was weekend and holiday mornings by the pool. The joy and love of family comes to life in the smiles and the laughter of children and their parents while splashing about in the family friendly pool. Some children are experiencing their first swim in water wings and inflatable rings while others wearing goggles are performing their best skills it is all to the delight of onlooking parents and grandparents, and the groups of extended family and friends. It is a happy place to experience and an oasis of the best of everything in the midst of a great modern city.

The heart and soul of this gem in the city are the staff and I would like to thank the entire Ayana family for making my stay so memorable. A few of the staff I got to know and would like to mention them, At the Rasa restaurant, thank you to Sigit, Budiman, Sugriwati, Kurniawan, Jefferson, Alvin, Erik and Ritza. Chef Azzah makes the perfect eggs Benedict and Aldo became a friend as he bought me my morning coffee. Christopher from Room Service was brilliant. The Executive lounge staff, Cynthia Rahma, Anggie, Nidia, Yessica and Rayhan made the evening cocktail hour such fun. The concierge staff are so helpful, thank you Novindra. Special thanks to Philip the Hotel Manager, Lilia the hardest working Assistant Manager I have ever seen and Ibu Puspa and Nova who went the extra mile to make our stay so brilliant. I know I have forgotten some people, and I do apologise however the Ayana staff are more like a family, who will celebrate their success together.

Date of stay: September 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
AYANA Midplaza ... I, Executive Assistant Manager at AYANA Midplaza JAKARTA, responded to this reviewResponded 10 October 2017

Dear willsLizzy,

Thank you very much for staying with AYANA Midplaza, JAKARTA and for sharing your experiences with us here on Tripadvisor.

It was our pleasure having you as a guest and I am pleased to hear that we were able to deliver a memorable service to you. The well-being of our guest is of utmost importance to us and it is deeply rooted in our service nature, to ensure that our guest are well taken care off.

Thank you again and I hope you will have the chance to visit us soon again so you can fully experience and enjoy all facilities of the hotel.

Reviewed 10 October 2017

I stayed here just for a night but it feels like in Japan.
The staffs are very friendly and show excellent service.
Figured out that the hotel is organized by Japanese, I have zero doubt for the service as I know that Japan is best known for excellent in service.

Family mart is just under the lobby fyi.
Breakfast and lunch exceed my expectation.

Definitely one of the best hotel I've ever stayed.

Dear Steven A,

Reviewed 9 October 2017

Very nice hotel, a great location for my business and probably the best staff I’ve had the pleasure to meet. So nice and determined to make our stay a very happy one. They couldn’t do enough for us. Good restaurants, pool area and gym.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear 881brendand,

Reviewed 29 September 2017

I was having a bad head ache when I arrived the hotel at nearly 12 mid night. I asked the reception if they had panadol, they tried to look in the hotel clinic but the clinic was out of panadols. The staff made an effort to look for a panadol for me and brought it to me to my room.

Room was clean and nice, breakfast was good, we could take away coffee, if we are late for work and most importantly the staff are very helpful and nice. I only stayed one night so could not enjoy the facilities.

Date of stay: September 2017