See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 22 September 2014

...and that's about the only good feature of this place. I don't like giving a negative review, but this guest house just isn't very good. The lighting is dim, the private rooms are small and of questionable cleanliness, and the shared bathroom... wow... let's just say you won't want to go in there very often! Overall it just seems dingy and poorly maintained. With the many cheap options around Jalan Jaksa, there's no way I can recommend this this one. The only reason I'm giving 2 stars is because the owner is a very nice and helpful man.

Room Tip: I would avoid this place altogether unless you are desperate and/or have a very high tolerance for disgusting bathrooms.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 22 August 2014

The owner took an effort to get rid of the bedbugs: new mattress and and a new layer of varnish on the wood.

But I woke up with several bites. I wasn't totally covered but my limbs who weren't in my sleeping bag were attacked.

A pity there are bedbugs in this hostel, otherwise OK room: new + soft mattress, attached bathroom with cold shower (water is brown of the rust) ,a fan and 250 kbs WIFI for only 80 000 Rp.

Room Tip: I stayed in room 6
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 31 July 2014 via mobile

We actually stayed here in 2011, but i am reviewing everything i have ever been too. And this... This was horrible. Never ever have we seen such a dirty place. The toilet was brown and full! No flushing option and i think there wasnt flushed for a few days. The bedspreada were so stained we didnt even dare to sleep in our bed! We just layed with our clothes on it for a few ours before we left. The walls and ceiling were moldy as can be.
Dear Lonely planet, why on earth did you recommend this?

Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank aStoryForTomorrow
Reviewed 17 January 2014

The place is very cheap! But: the shared bathroom was a nightmare (dirty floor, dirty toilet, I didnt dare to touch anything). Worst: we had bedbugs and couldn´t sleep. Had to wash all my stuff the next day and my legs were terrible bitten.

We found a much cleaner and nicer place in the same area, and every cent we had to pay more was worth it.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Aylin B
Reviewed 2 May 2013

As friendly and helpful as the manager is, this place isn't worth it. I could have coped easily with the dirty tiny bathrooms (he only mops the still water, brown toilet bowl seems like it's never been cleaned) and the moldy smell of the mattress and pillow but I can't cope with getting infested with bedbugs. I suppose the reviewer below had the same room or same floor... I have had to wash every single thing I brought (including my backpack and hiking boots!) and it ends up costing you the same amount as a night's accommodation so if everything is really full (which is why I went there) I recommend coughing up some more money and head to a place that's a bit more expensive.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled solo