See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 2 May 2013

As friendly and helpful as the manager is, this place isn't worth it. I could have coped easily with the dirty tiny bathrooms (he only mops the still water, brown toilet bowl seems like it's never been cleaned) and the moldy smell of the mattress and pillow but I can't cope with getting infested with bedbugs. I suppose the reviewer below had the same room or same floor... I have had to wash every single thing I brought (including my backpack and hiking boots!) and it ends up costing you the same amount as a night's accommodation so if everything is really full (which is why I went there) I recommend coughing up some more money and head to a place that's a bit more expensive.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 7 April 2013

Because everything in the area was full there was no other option than staying here... This place didn't see a dustremover in 30 years... The bedsheets were very DIRTY, when we noticed it to the owner he made us change the room but it wasn't better. I assume he doesn't have clean sheets and would be surprised if he actually changes them after each guest. The room was very small and smelly and the bathroom not worth to be called a bathroom. The worst part of all is that there were BEDBUGS!! I couldn't sleep because the bites were so itchy. I got bitten all over my body -not exagerating- more than 100 times. It's not only a sleepless night I got, but at least another week of itchy and ugly bites that I have to cover cus they look horrible!!
When we caught the bedbugs and presented them to the owner he didn't react, only that it was the fault of tourists bringing them from the jungle or the nearby restaurants!
Although this place is recommended -I wonder how that's possible- by the LP guide, this place should be closed immediatly!!!

• Stayed: April 2013
Reviewed 7 November 2012

Average at best. Generally run down and a bit shabby. Good location. The room was basic but adequate. The toilet/showers were dirty and poor. At 80-90K for a single room, this place seemed a little overpriced compared with one or two other on/around Jalan Jaksa but they had no single rooms left when I arrived. The owner was friendly and did his best to be helpful despite speaking limited English. (As I speak no Indonesian, his lack of English is in no way meant as a criticism)

In summary, there are better deals avaialble in the area but this place is OK for a night or two if you arrive late and are short of alternatives.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 29 September 2012

This was the only place that would let us in at 2 am in the morning. The beds are terrible, the toilets aren't great, and it's too hot. On the plus side, the owner was very helpful despite speaking limited english, and it is very cheap.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 27 May 2012

at 90.000 rp for a double fan room it's cheap (for jakarta anyways) but overall value is low...lots of mosquitoes, hot rooms, generally run-down...there's lots of better value in the area, similarly priced...i stayed one night coz i arrived late and my usual guesthouse was full...just ok for a night emergency!

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled solo