2,374 results
All reviews collage restaurant pop art yoga mat modern art zen garden the executive lounge shopping mall art pieces rain shower taman anggrek mall huge mall shower room modern hotel coffee machine pullman jakarta platinum member welcome drink
Reviewed 13 March 2013

The hotel design is sort of modernist industrial with seemingly concrete finishing on the wall and ceiling, and open piping all over the place. This was sort of humabnised by great art installations - particularly liked the magnified ants shadows moving about on the floor - don't know if its a live broadcast or filmed! The problem with this finishing is that the hotel does not provide a comfortable and welcoming environment to relax in.It's just too edgy for me!

The room I was in was dominated by a bathroom that form a sort of island in the room and a huge bed which was so high off the ground even the feet on the end of my 6ft 3in body didn't touch the floor. Worse there was nowhere comfortable in the room to relax. So down to the bar I went, but even that doesn't ooze comfort. Minibar was a little spartan, I guess to encourage you down to the main bar!

The lifts are a nightmare - hard and slow to operate - easy to miss your floor, and so slow to change floor display that you wondered if you were actually moving.

On the plus side, the conference facilities were fantastic, the conference food, breakfast and dinner were superb, and I do mean superb, and the staff brilliant, particularly Anya and Ria who were so welcoming, The staff alone would bring me back here.

I was only there for a short time so the ability to stretch you legs in the mall next door and try some non-hotel food was a bonus.

I didn't see the surroundin district except from a taxi but I gather that is the nature of Jakarta!

Well done managers for selecting such great staff and inspiring such great food! Pity about the building.

Room Tip: Not on second floor - lift is so slow you wonder if you are moving I think it accelerates the higher you go!
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
Pullman_Jakarta_CP, General Manager at Pullman Jakarta Central Park, responded to this reviewResponded 18 March 2013

Dear Ian T,

Greetings from Pullman Jakarta Central Park.

Thank you for choosing our hotel and for posting a review of your recent stay with us on the TripAdvisor.

I am delighted to learn that you have been impressed by our conference facilities and the level of service our associates have provided you. I have passed on the message to them and they are personally thankful and highly appreciate your comment, which we believe would motivate us higher to bring an impeccable service level to our valued guests.

Our hotel design concept is a dynamic raw industrial and the size and style of our furniture and the lay out of the rooms are set out to accord with it, including the height of the bed, which actually benefits the guests with their shopping merchandises since they are able to store them underneath plus to easily sight surroundings over the windows, however, I would like to apologize if they have discomforted you somehow.

Moreover, in regards to the elevator speed, herewith, I would like to inform you that the GF (Lobby Area) are 13 floors below the first room floor with no hotel facilities are in between, thus, the guests who are unaware of this would have an impression that they are moving utterly slow.

Once again, thank you for your review and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 13 March 2013

My husband and I live in Jakarta and over a 4 day weekend, we wanted to "get out" of our apartment so we decided to stay at this hotel for 2 nights. It was a perfect stay. As expats, we always enjoy the modern places we can find in Jakarta - and this place was great. It was clean, modern, comfortable, in a great location, and had great service.

When we first arrived our sink was leaking, but we called and they got it fixed right away while we were out for dinner.

The mall is right there and a great place to eat, watch a movie, or shop. The pool is smaller, but nice. The fitness center was very nice (my husband enjoyed it very much).

We also enjoyed the restaurant one night for drinks and dessert, and also ordered room service the next night. Both were great. We didn't have the breakfast - too expensive for us - but it did look good! There is a Starbucks in the mall and that's what we did for breakfast :)

I would definitely recommend this hotel. Definitely worth its 5 stars!

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Erikandamandafry,

Greetings from Pullman Jakarta Central Park.

Thank you for choosing our hotel for your recent weekend getaway and we are delighted to learn that we have been able to fulfill your expectation.

Our “French Bakery” Counter that is located at the first area of Collage All Day Dining is actually a perfect alternative for our guests who wish to enjoy a simpler breakfast and in fact, from the cost point of view, we would be able to offer a lower value than the place that you mentioned. We invite you to try this facility on your next stay.

Once again thank you and your next arrival is truly awaited.

With best regards,

Reviewed 12 March 2013

It's jus different. Its avant garde design of the hotel are Cool. Its tuck in a busy road but Central.. With modern look and setting. It's def a one stop hotel where u have the malls and restaurants within walking distance. Love the ID of the hotel..except the bodyless leg in the hallway..jus find it disturbing. The room layout is very nice except its not child friendly as the bedding are too high (kids may fall, the toilet door, the kids hands may get trapped) Otherwise breakfast spread is good and yummy. Service staff aint that great. Nice big pool although the water on day 2 bit murky. The spa are excellent too. If you're looking for a stay where everything is there, this hotel would do the job. As travelling in JKT can be such a headache. Would recommend for business, couple not w families.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family

Dear Dyla M,

Greetings from Pullman Jakarta Central Park.

Thank you for staying at our hotel and for sharing your recent stay experiences with us on the TripAdvisor.

We are delighted to learn that in most aspects, you are gratified with your visit and it is also pleasing to know that our strategic location, which is adjacent to Central Park Mall has benefited you.

Our furniture style and size as well as the lay out of the rooms were set out to accord with the overall concpet of our hotel, which is a dynamic raw industrial art. This is including the height of the bed which to give a perfect sight to the surrounding view over the windows and underneat space is beneficial for the guests to store their shopping merchandises, however, we appreciate your feedback and we would like to inform you that family travelers could alternatively choose our Executive Suite that comes with a sofa that could be conferted to a bed which is perfect curl up for children.

Once again thank you for your review and we look forward to welcoming you again at our hotel soon.

Reviewed 11 March 2013

I was here on business and there's some very good things going on here. The convention facilities are excellent, the breakfast outstanding and beds really comfortable. The staff were well-drilled and eager to please. Next door is a large mall and lots of food outlets so caters well to Westerners. One of my personal bugbears, there's lots of bathroom counter space too. The rooms are very modern and angular with the frosted bathroom in the middle of the room.

On the downside, this has all the hallmarks of a developers hotel, with not enough lifts which take an age to arrive and no apparent service lift for staff, a decor which is already showing early wear after just a couple of years of operation and a couple of design issues such as drenching the towels when the shower door opens inwards rather than out. Although the rooms themselves are very well soundproofed, there's something odd going on with the plumbing so it burbles away from other rooms and another personal bugbear, the hairdryer wired into a bathroom drawer.

The modernist design I've seen better executed in other hotels and it's going to require zealous maintenance and housekeeping to stay on top of the look; some of the original grouting and carpet laying lacks attention and the early signs of wear are sending alarm bells. Small details, but they're already starting to tell. Overall a very comfortable stay but satisfaction will come down to price.

Room Tip: Do have the breakfast - the selection is superb.
2  Thank Jo H

Dear WellingtonKiwiJo,

Greetings from Pullman Jakarta Central Park.

Thank you for your comprehensive feedback that was posted on the TripAdvisor and it is pleasing to know that overall you have enjoyed your stay.

I appreciate that you have looked into details and I would like to inform you as well that strict assessment of maintainance are regularly implemented to ensure that we provide the highest level of services and facilities for guest maximum comfort and there are indeed service elevators for our associates to use, however, should there be any circumstance that your impressions told you otherwise, we would be glad to hear more from you. Please write us an email and our email address is listed at our website.

Once again thank you and looking forward to welcoming you again at our hotel soon.

Your sincerely,

Reviewed 10 March 2013

It was my first time staying at a Pullman hotel and I was very pleased with the quality of the hotel. I like the artistic elements of the hotel and it was staffed by a quality team who deliver a very good level of service.

From a room perspective, I was upgraded to a higher room, a so-called executive one. If I wasn't upgraded to this one, I am not sure I would have been too happy with the size. The shower is in an interesting position somewhat in the sleeping area of the room itself. That kind of makes the room itself seem a bit smaller compared to other executive rooms I have stayed in. In any case, it was comfortable, wifi was fine, bed was comfortable and bathroom amenities were good. Maybe one other thing is that they upgraded my room quality, but then made it explicit that I was not welcome in the lounge on the floor. Not a big deal I guess, but I think if you upgrade a person, you can give them the service that goes with it (how much would I really have used it, I'm not sure, so it could have cost them nothing but I would have at least felt good about it).

Location wise - well, Jakarta and its traffic are widely known, so with my work being spread around the city there wouldn't have been a different place to stay. Access to the airport is good - 30 minutes when there wasn't traffic. It is also adjacent to the Central Park mall - a very upscale shopping mall with a number of restaurant options. A bit of a ride from the more southern spots like Plaza Indonesia, but like I said, things are so spread you'll probably always need to be driving around.

Overall, a pleasant surprise and a place I will stay at again.

2  Thank Matyboom

Dear Matyboom,

Greetings from Pullman Jakarta Central Park.

Thank you for your review and for sharing your recent stay experience to the TripAdvisor readers.

I am happy to learn that in most aspect we have been able to fulfill your expecation and glad to know that our assocaites level of service has impressed you.

In regards to your comment about the up-grade, herewith, we would like to inform you that it is delightfully provided to our guests to replace their initial requirement should for any reason, we identify there would be a delay to deliver it to ensure guest maximum comfort, however, shall the facilities that come with our higher room categories appeal our guests, we would be happy to assist them to arrange the billing accordingly, which is infact something that is worthwhile.

Thank you once again and I look forward to having you as one of our guests again soon.