Amaris Hotel Mangga Dua Square
Kosenda Hotel(Jakarta)
US$62
US$131
US$151
Rasuna Icon Jakarta(Jakarta)(Great Value!)
US$80
US$134
US$127
Agoda.com
  • Pool
All reviewssquare shopping mallsame buildingcheck in and check out processhot waterhotel room iscarrefourdispenserairportfacilitiesminimalist
Reviewed 12 May 2017 via mobile

A good choice if you are really looking a budget hotel. We stayed here as we had arrived Jakarta late night and were ready to move to ibis Styles Mangga Dua Square on the next day. The room has No Window! Small and smell of smoke. If the room you are looking for is cheap and competitive - be aware of that. They don't put the word 'No Window' on some famous websites. For us, the place is just B&B. If you stay only one night for transit or for next destination is fine. But if you want to spend the whole trip at this property - Definitely NOT recommend.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
Rendra_Utama, Manager at Amaris Hotel Mangga Dua Square, responded to this reviewResponded 22 May 2017

Dear SweetieScarlet P,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback.

We are providing several smoking and no smoking room with view and mostly some of them is fully booked earliest.Kindly noted and let us know your special requests for your next visit

We hope to welcome you back to our hotel very soon!

Rendra Utama
Hotel Maager

Reviewed 9 January 2017

this hotel situated in Mangga Dua Square where amenities is not a problem at all. At the basement of this hotel you may find a Carrefour hypermart that sell almost everything of daily needs. Outside of Carrefour you may find many local delicacies.

Amaris hotel Mannga Dua Square is 10 mins away from highway that may link to all parts of Jakarta.

At night, you may enjoy seafood along Gunung Sahari or in Bandar Jakarta inside Ancol themed park 10mins drive from this hotel.

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled on business
Ricky_Rimbawan, Manager at Amaris Hotel Mangga Dua Square, responded to this reviewResponded 24 January 2017

Dear Mr Hendytok,

Get a KGVC member to our Front Desk Agent on your visit in the future and enjoy valuable prices in all AMARIS and Santika.

Ricky Rimbawan
Hotel Manager

Reviewed 15 December 2016

As someone who travels a lot for business and visits on average between 50 and 100 hotels a year I can truly say this Hotel was nothing like I ever experienced before.
Okay, I might have expected a little too much since I normally don't stay at budget hotels, but even taking in to considering that this is a budget hotel it was absolutely a nightmare.
It all started when we arrived in the middle of the night and wanted to check in. The credit card terminal didn't work, which is obviously beyond our control. The reception would not let us check in before we paid the full amount cash. Since it is 2017 and you can pay digitally everywhere I never have a lot of cash in my pocket. After a lot of hassle they agreed that we could pay the first night cash and then pay the rest the next day so we would have the opportunity to get cash from an ATM.
Unfortunately the non-smoking room we booked was not available anymore and therefore they provided us with an upgrade. I wonder how our normal room would look like, but the upgraded room wasn't something to be excited about.
When we finally reached the room I opened the window for some fresh air, but came to the conclusion the window faces a wall, so there is no view at all.
Secondly the bed sheets contained more stains than I had ever seen on a bed in my life.
Next to that taking a shower was something to avoid rather than to look forward to. The curtain and the floor where very dirty, the water pressure was minimal, and the few drops of water that came out of the shower head was cold.
Lastly the hotel is very noisy. The rooms across the hall accommodated a large group of guests. These people where shouting to each other and walking half naked trough the hallway for hours.
conclusion: If you are on a budget and don't expect anything more than a backpackers place you will probably be fine with it. Me on the other hand would just like a clean bed and a clean shower. I will never visit a Amaris Hotel anymore.

• Stayed: December 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 4 November 2016 via mobile

I think that Amaris Hotel is one of my favourite hotel when im travelling. But this is my first time to say that i wont be here again, especially in Amaris Hotel Mangga Dua Square. I cant have a good rest because i can hear the conversation in the outdoor which is so noisy until the midnight. The room is so small, and i dont have any good idea about the small bathroom. The breakfast menu is standard, nothing special. So i think i could try another hotel nearby to have a good rest for a better trip.

Stayed: November 2016, travelled on business
Reviewed 30 September 2016

This hotel is located at the centre of business district, Mangga. It is located inside Mangga Dua Square mall where you can get everything you need. Restaurants are aplenty, there is Carrefour, 7 eleven and shops ranging from fashion, household and other knic knacs.

I stayed at the non - smoking level (level 8). Room was clean and well - equipped (got fridge and iron is upon request). The only downside is the view outside is just the man - made garden. It was ok for us because we spent most of the time outside shopping :)

Room Tip: Level 8 is a non smoking floor.
  • Stayed: September 2016, travelled with family