See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 28 February 2015

Hotel Maharadja

I didn't have a pre-booking done for the room and we just walked in. The staff at the reception was courteous and spoke English so communication was not a problem. The room tariffs are reasonable and I got a discount with my Lion air boarding pass :)

I stayed for 10 days in superior room. The size of the room is good with sufficient space to move around in the room. There is a single sofa, desk with chair, a wardrobe and a television with many english channels. The bed was comfortable and linens neat and clean.

Location - The hotel is located near to a highway and there are no restaurants in the walking distance. The taxi are easily available outside the hotel and the hotel staff always helps in arranging the taxi.

There is a restaurant at the lobby level. Breakfast has many options for the local cuisine but very few international options and rare vegetarian options. The worst part is that the name of the dishes in the breakfast buffet is not displayed so I was not sure whether the dish in front of me was vegetarian or not. Had to ask daily about the dishes.

Overall, a good place to stay.

Room Tip: Look for the rooms on a higher floor and facing the front side of hotel.
  • Stayed: December 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank YogeshKhanna
Reviewed 28 February 2015

Greetings,

I stayed in this hotel in September 2014, booked and paid via Agoda. on arrival, the hotel pre authorised my card in case I had any room service or caused any damage. On arriving home the week after, it transpired that the hotel had also charged my card for the room.

After contacting Agoda and the hotel, the hotel first denied that they had charged my card any money and wouldn't accept my internet statement. They now insisted that I produce a scanned copy of the paper version, which I did.

I still have not received my refund after 5 and a half months. Apparently 5.5 months is not enough time to carry out an investigation into 1 transaction.

Completely useless staff (including management) and to top it off, the hotel was very dirty.

I would definitely NOT recommend anyone to stay at this hotel unless you like to pay twice!!!!

Room Tip: I don't think there are any good rooms as the hotel is very run down and in need of a complete refurbishment.
  • Stayed: September 2014, travelled as a couple
6  Thank JoePelino
Reviewed 19 August 2014

i came to the hotel around 4 pm and i was just guessing which was the lobby cause there was no bellboy and no greeting at all. Then i showed them my hotel voucher (booked from office). But it took so long for them to process it (took one hour) and somehow the other receptionist just stand there and took selfie photos. Then when i finally got my room card, i found out that the closet had no water pipe (for wash) so i had to use the shower. Also, the water switch didnt work properly and the room was too dark.

• Stayed: August 2014
4  Thank azalea09
Reviewed 19 February 2014

When guests aren't in enqueue at the frontdesk, I asked to the receptionist "ask them to stand in a row please, I come earlier, why do u serve the later?" But, the receptionist just silent, no expressions even smile or say apologize. I don't have any idea why they can work in a place called Hospitality Industry.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Ardhi-Widjaya
Reviewed 8 February 2014

It started with a bad experience.
a.Room was very dark. Few bulbs and tube-lights were not working. Then upon request room was changed, and realised that room was still darker.
b. The bathroom, toilets were not clean.
c. Bad internet connection (wifi) in room. Had to sit in corridor to chat with friends.
d. Breakfast options were not impressive.
e. The bed were hard

But, I would like to say at the price that was charged, we should be mentally prepared for such bad experiences.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business