US$212
US$188
LuxuryCollection
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$210/night.

US$144
US$134
US$81
US$69
US$151
US$125
  • Breakfast included
Rasuna Icon Jakarta(Jakarta)(Great Value!)
US$78
US$37
Savings alert! 27% below average rates

The price you found is 27% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$51/night.

US$161
US$48
Priceline
  • Breakfast included
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$54/night.

1,243 results
All reviewssignature restaurantsignatures restaurantgrand deluxe roomautomatic toiletlarge bathtubbubur ayamthe executive loungedirect accessshopping mallcar free daybreakfast buffetrain showergreat facilitiesvisit jakartacentral jakartabusiness tripnon smoking room
Reviewed 22 April 2010

City hotels do not get any better than this ! True old fashioned style set in a modern Art Deco masterpiece, backing on to Jakarta's best shopping gallery and with staff who serve you like a king. Believe you me, I have stayed in virtually all of the main hotels in Jakarta. The Hotel Indonesia Kempinski is the best.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 15 April 2010

This is my 2nd stay @ Kempinski. The staffs are noticeably friendlier and much more professional. In my 1st stay December 2009, the staffs were cold.

Rooms are fabolous as ever, modern and clean. Love their electric toilet. Get a room with view to HI (deluxe room and suite). We didn't bother checking the executive lounge as it was poorly stocked with food and drinks.

The only gripe that we can hear our neighbors coughing and playing TV loudly in their bath rooms. it seems that all bathrooms have ventilation pipe that connects one with another. Not sure if the hotel care or can address this issue whatsoever.

location --> Great....I'd stay here again.

Swimming pool -> There's a male staff wandering around in women's locker room !! Beware.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 March 2010

I have stayed at 7 of the top ten rated hotels in Jakarta and this by far the best. For years I have read these reviews but never felt compelled to add a review of my own, until now. Everyone is entitled to their opinion and I'm sure the ones who have made comments on this hotel felt their experience justified their rating. From my perspective everything was top quality.
Check in was smooth, room was one of the best I've seen in my travels to 13 Asian countries, food was excellent and the only thing which exceeded these hotel features was the service. It was second to none. Everyone was smiling and helpful...everyone. Pool and gym are terrific and location is the best. If you are planning a trip to Jakarta for business or pleasure this is the hotel without question. Others are certainly good but in my opinion do not measure quite as high as Kempinski. A great experience.

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 24 January 2010

Checked into the room on the 30th of Dec, and chose the hotel because of the location at Bunderan HI, the city centre of Jakarta. We booked the Executive Deluxe Room which stated that we get a room with a view of the roundabout (Bunderan HI). However upon checking in, the receptionist mentioned our room does not have a view of the roundabout. And he seemed adamant that we won't be getting a room with the view when our booking slip specifically stated a room with a view. As I understand it, the hotel was also pretty full with many guests checking in for the new year's eve celebrations as the hotel will be a vantage point to view the fireworks at the Bunderan HI.

There was much waiting before the manager could so call 'upgrade' us to an executive deluxe suite which had a view as stated on the reservation. Even then, it was a room on the 2nd floor, which wasn't totally great. Anyway the Executive rooms occupants also get to enjoy the lounge facilities. Even after getting the rooms, the receptionist never offered to show us our rooms or explain the amenities we get in more details, which is usually the norm in other hotels of this standard.

The executive deluxe suite which we have been upgraded to was fortunately great, with 2 queen beds, and an amazing bathroom with a huge tub. Both bedroom and bathroom has huge windows facing the roundabout. There was a large enough LCD TV though it is of an Indonesian brand (Polytron). Picture was alright though. Being a suite, there was also a couch and sitting area. Executive Lounge on the 7th floor was alright, and it reeks of cigarette smoke in the afternoon. There was some small portions of cakes and they had an adequate range of drinks available. Cocktails and alcoholic drinks are only served between 7-9pm, I think. We chose to have breakfast in the main restaurant at the lobby level instead of the small lounge for a wider variety. The breakfast choice was good and service at the lounge and lobby-level restaurant was much better than the reception. One great feature of the hotel was its free internet (wired and wireless) in the room when other hotels like Ritz Carlton charges exorbitant rates for it. Internet was alright, though this being Indonesia, don't expect fast service.

Overall, this would be a great hotel to stay if you don't need great service. It works for travellers who need a comfortable room, and have easy access to Grand Indonesia, the largest shopping mall in town. However, if you are picky about service, choose Grand Hyatt/Four Seasons/Ritz Carlton/Hotel Mulia instead.

• Stayed: December 2009
Reviewed 17 January 2010

Normally I would rate this Hotel with 5 points - but since it's a business hotel and it offers quite slow and unreliable Wi-Fi internet (room and executive lounge) connection I'm deducting one point.

The hotel is centrally located (3-in-1 area), is modern, stylish and clean. As a Kempinski "Private Concierge" member I have been picked up after passport control, everything has been taken care of, transport in a new S-Class Mercedes was free of charge, the welcome personal. I've been upgraded to a very nice Suite (aircon didn't work one evening an the room was overheated - but they fixed it) with an impressive WC.

Other than written by others before I have to say that the food at the club lounge was very nice and the selction quite wide (I think me any my business partner had been the only guests there). We got nice freebies. The breakfast was a bit limited but - if you want - you have the choice to have breakfast at the ground floor restaurant instead (free of charge).

The only thing I can complain of is the internet, the rest was just perfect.

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled on business