US$228
US$196
US$62
US$54
1,259 results
All reviewssignature restaurantgrand deluxe roomsignatures restaurantautomatic toiletbig bathtubbubur ayamthe executive loungedirect accessshopping mallcar free daybreakfast buffetrain showergreat facilitiesvisit jakartacentral jakartabusiness tripfront office
Reviewed 4 November 2012

I just got back from Xiamen china kempinski from 33 nights. I had a 2 night stay in Jakarta before traveling back to my factory in Central Java. I can't tell you how poor of an experience I had. I knew my gha memembership might be delayed a few days so I emailed gha and kempinski asking to please expedite the black benefits. This didn't seem to get me anywhere. I was constantly arguing with staff about all of this. Somewhere "deep" in the computer is some note but nobody seems to find it without me wasting 10 minutes explaining.

The rooms are nice. The decor is standard kempinski. The service is horrible. Most of the employees just seem tired and this is nothing like you'd expect from a 5-star.

The restaurant is another disaster. The buffet is ok but there is a lot of food that is cold. I thought maybe a small mistake the first day, but both days the chicken saugage was cold. The dinner buffet was ok....nothing to really complain about but the service was horrendous. I had to ask that 6 plates be removed from my table. I don't care that they had a birthday party that night either. Hire enough staff or close the restaurant.

I will not be back to this kempinski ever. There are too many other great hotels to choose from.

On top of this......some Saudi stopped me in the elevator and said for me to lock my stuff in my room. Someone had requested a copy of his key card and then went to his room and stole a bunch of stuff. And it was all on CCTV and he was just back from security where they watched the thief get the card and go to this guys room. The man was just pissed and ranting to me that this could happen here. He was on the way to the police now.

Between my membership problem, the poor service, the bad restaurant, and the weird elevator thief story, I'm not coming back. The kempinski chain should be embarrassed their name is associated with this horrible management.

Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business
5  Thank Indo-bule
Reviewed 29 October 2012

Large rooms with updated facilities. The executive floor provides great service all day long. 17th floor gym and pool are very well done, bit small but roof top view is fabulous. restaurant has good international fare, a bit expensive as most hotel restaurants are,

Room Tip: higher floors will be quieter
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 27 October 2012

Stayed there for 2 nights so happy I was in a right place to be. On the 8 fl facing the famous fountain and all I can say is awesome! I had lunch at the restaurant and the food was okay but the waiter was really know what he has to say and sell. Really recommend it and I will stay again here next week!!

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 October 2012

Stay here due my friend's wedding there.
The room nice, big enough, bathroom also good.
I like the food here, try the mutton tongseng from room service, very nice....
Love the ipod dock and the free wifi.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 October 2012 via mobile

So sad and painful, Jakarta have A great hotel like Kempinski Hotel (Hotel Indonesia), with good location, great history and beautiful building, room, design interior, but poor services! It's not standar for Kempinski hotel which have excellent services!
It's strange : you need pay 50% to get early check-in. What? Yes, it's happen even they have available room! You need pay! I think, it's very principle! I have stayed in the other Kempinski in Europe and the other similar (star)hotel, but i (we)don't need pay for early check-in if they have available room.
The other poor services: you need wait long for every things you need !

It's so difficult when i want to meet with general Manager even for confirmation.

• Stayed: October 2012