Krakatau Volcano (Krakatoa)
Open today: 00:00 - 23:59
Review Highlights
Great Tour by KrakatoaTour

Amazing! "If you plan on going to the Volcano National Park you simply have to go with Krakatoa... read more

Reviewed 1 week ago
westjavasurfcamp
Jakarta, Indonesia
Excellent Tour with Thommy of Krakatau Adventure

We booked a 1 night camping trip to Krakatau with Thommy from Krakatau Adventure. Making... read more

Reviewed 28 March 2020
Jaclyn B
Jakarta, Indonesia

Recommended experiences in and around Java
from US$110.00
from US$45.00
from US$152.57
from US$40.00
More Info
All reviews carita beach nice breakfast national park jakarta hotel local tour operator boat crew fast boat once in a lifetime highly recommend the tour awesome adventure fantastic tour adventure tour awe inspiring beautiful scenery friendly guide night camping trip bbq fish
Selected filters
Reviewed 23 August 2018

I never thought I would walk up to an active volcano. The explosions were loud and breathtaking. looking around at all the large divots and rocks below them was a bit unnerving.

Date of experience: August 2018
Reviewed 20 August 2018

We just arrive a week ago ..spend for 3 days on the volcano..as we geologic we love this volcano..Krakatau was active with spurting ash and red lava..fantastic and amazing volcano

No one as like Krakatau Ecotourism..a local tour operator with thousand experiencing on htis area make us very..very..enjoy..good crew..good food..good tour..

Date of experience: August 2018
3  Thank seteven M
Reviewed 18 July 2018 via mobile

I was extremely lucky to see Krakatoa in full eruption. The view from the camping beach on Rakata was breathtaking. An all night long fire works display. Apud’s organisation of this trip was very professional. We had a little misunderstanding due to a mix up with the emails but this was resolved very quickly and professionally. The boat used was first class and fitted with life jackets. The crew were extremely competent, particularly on the return journey when the seas were a little tougher. The meal cooked for me on the beach over an open fire and camping stove was restaurant quality, and plenty to go around. The guide Sobari was informative and looked after all my needs admirably. The transfer to and from Jakarta was faultless, a very pleasant driver with a great selection of music. Thoroughly recommend this business.

Date of experience: July 2018
3  Thank markrD2125ZL
Reviewed 5 June 2018

I wanted to expose my pre-teenaged and teenaged-aged kids to nature and booked a trip with Apud. He was easy to communicate with and arranged for Ateng to be our personal guide throughout the trip, along with a speedboat captain and a cook. (Our private trip included two other nights at Ujung Kulon National Park.)

I can't compliment Ateng and the guys enough as they were attentive and helpful, even when a mouse entered our tent in the middle of the night. Unfortunately, I had kept the tent's net slightly open to let in a breeze.

With due respect to nature, it was pretty hot even at night (admittedly we were on an active volcano!) but it was comforting to have the guys set up camp for us and cook us our delicious meals. So the 4/5 rating was more because of the discomfort of being out in nature and the amount of trash on the beach rather than to Apud, Ateng and the guys who were amazing.

As a single parent traveling with two kids, I appreciated Ateng getting to know my kids and guiding my son in identifying trails on our 2-hr trek around Peucang Island. His thoughtfulness and kindness were truly appreciated. And I was grateful to have an extra pair of eyes on the kids when they were in the water snorkelling.

I reached Apud at +6281288463182 and info@krakatauujungkulontours.com.

Date of experience: May 2018
2  Thank TravelingFamilyInTow
Reviewed 25 May 2018 via mobile

Great experience seeing an active volcano. Lovely speed boat drive with clear water that enables you to see the various colorful fish .Sad to say that the island and surrounding beaches are covered with litter

Date of experience: May 2018