All reviews ming palace good size swimming pool maid bath china taxi metro desk concierge
Reviewed 10 June 2015

-. 200m from metro station exit 1
-. there are some Korean managers, it's great benifit for Korean tourist.
-. tour guide materials provided, Korean managers provided great kind and detail cares.

• Stayed: November 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 31 October 2014 via mobile

Spent 7 days at this hotel on the 26th Floor. Room and accommodation was very good and quiet. Everything worked, the steam iron and ironing board was greatly appreciated for a traveller on business trip.
Even with 6 elevators all working, be prepared for 5 or 6 stops during busy hours.
Breakfast was Ok in the large coffee shop buffet, gets quite full by 7am. Buffer dinner was rather high price for the food variety offered, despite the 60RMB doscount coupon.
Avoid the tiny Japanese restaurant, unless you have the patience of Buddha and two hours for lunch.

Stayed: November 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank HL314
Reviewed 28 August 2014 via mobile

I won't stay here if not for my china friend stating that he can get great rates because his friend works for the management. I googled before committing as it's china and their 5 stars and our 5 stars are miles apart.
All the hotel websites suggest it to be to be at least 4 stars. It was a mistake from the very beginning. Very disappointing. This is an ex-hilton hotel (if I'm not mistaken). There's probably a good reason why they vacate here..

The Chinese restaurant's food in the hotel was rubbish! How in the world they can keep the chef is just beyond me.. There's bad Chinese food and there's BAD Chinese food. This is beyond words. Breakfast that they serve not up to standard either for so called 5 stars hotel.

The room good size but the bathroom's conditions appalling for the hotel class. They need to be downgraded immediately! Not fit as a world class 5 stars but only 2-3 at most.

I will never stay here again and I made clear my displeasure to the customer service upon checking out.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank pigleto2005
Reviewed 28 April 2014

This was one of my favourite hotels on our trip to China. The foyer area was enormous - as was the coffee shop on the right of the main door. The cafe area was spacious and luxurious with my only complaint being 40rmb for a hot beverage.
As you can see from the photographs the bedroom was well presented and the bed was enormous (I took a photo with five adults lying on the bed and there was space between each)! The bedroom was vacuumed each day and the bed made (even though I indicated to the maid this wasn't really necessary!)
The bathroom was luxurious and was immaculately maintained each day. This included having the shampoo /conditioner/bodywash replaced each day (the semi used ones were left for us to continue using so no waste).
Given that this hotel cost me 1764rmb for three night, it was a genuine bargain! I'll be back!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 April 2014

Grand Metropark was not our original choice for Nanjing as we were unable to get in our first choice due to a holiday but it proved to be an oasis for the weary traveler. The hotel exceeded our expectations so much so that we returned to it two other times during our three week travels in China. Clean rooms, a better than average bed for China and it was quiet. Staff was very courteous and helpful and the front desk staff and concierge spoke English reasonably well. We had the king room which was spacious and included a well appointed bath with a bath tub, shower and a toilet with a bidet. The hotel is a short 5 minute walk from the subway stop at Minggugong providing easy travel via subway within the city to the top tourist destinations.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family