“Just as good second time around”

Mandarin Grill + Bar at Mandarin Oriental, Hong Kong
Ranked #6 of 9,447 Restaurants in Hong Kong
Cuisines: International
Good for: Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Central
Description: The restaurant is proud to have retained its Michelin star for the eighth year running. Using the finest organic ingredients and seasonally inspired produce, we offer an exciting, fresh interpretation of grill classics. Such acclaimed cuisine requires an equally stunning setting and our Sir Terence Conran-designed space never fails to impress. Overlooking Statue Square and Chater Garden, décor is wonderfully vibrant with a moulded scallop-inspired ceiling, Gerard D’A Henderson paintings and a central banquette. Child policy: Children aged 6 years or above are welcome. Dress code: Smart-casual attire. We request that guests refrain from wearing shorts (of any length), torn jeans, sportswear, singlets, collarless T-shirts, flip flops and gentlemen's sandals.
Reviewed 19 September 2017

We had a great experience in Mandarin Grill + Bar, the Menu is back to "Classic", food is delicious, specially Foie gras and Rib eye steak. Staff are friendly and service is excellent. Definitely will come back again.

3  Thank MAGINee
MOHKG, Director of Food & Beverage at Mandarin Grill + Bar at Mandarin Oriental, Hong Kong, responded to this reviewResponded 22 September 2017

Dear MAGINee,

Thank you for dining at Mandarin Grill + Bar. We’re pleased that you loved the delicious cuisine, as well as the attentive service. We hope to welcome you back in the near future.

Yours sincerely,

Reviewed 19 September 2017 via mobile

The steak is very nice, prefect service, excellent wine pairing, i enjoyed the anniversary dinner so much, thanks Stephen, Jacky of your recommendations,i will cone back again and again.

2  Thank Thomson Jr Tan T

Dear Thomson Jr Tan T,

We’re delighted that you chose to dine with us and thoroughly enjoyed the evening at Mandarin Grill + Bar. Please don’t be a stranger and see you again soon.

Best regards,

Reviewed 18 September 2017

I arrived after work on a Friday night to enjoy a glass of champagne whilst waiting for my husband. I was seated straight away in a beautiful lounge/bar area, and given the drinks menu. After a couple of mins I decided on a champagne and was so impressed by the service, style, & atmosphere (not to mention the little nibbles they provide), that when my husband arrived I convinced him we needed to eat in the restaurant.
He agreed (love my hubby!) and we dined on a tasty 'Kettyle' steak from Northern Ireland, washed down with a bottle of red that said hubby decided on. Whatever it was it was delicious. The waiters were a perfect combination of attention and space. Just what we needed after a hectic work day.
We were impressed. This will definitely be our regular haunt for an enjoyable after work dining experience.

2  Thank KyliePaulC
MOHKG, Director of Food & Beverage at Mandarin Grill + Bar at Mandarin Oriental, Hong Kong, responded to this reviewResponded 21 September 2017

Dear KyliePaulC,

Thank you so much for the kind words. We’re truly delighted that you both had a memorable experience with us. We will be sure to share your great feedback with the team. We look forward to welcoming you back to Mandarin Grill in the near future.

With warmest regards,

Reviewed 18 September 2017

What a great restaurant! The food and service were absolutely amazing. Went for dinner with my friends and we had a great night there.The cocktails also really good. We have some starters and shared the porterhouse steak, the classic roast beef and the Tomahawk.
Was great to be in a star restaurant without all these molecular dishes. We had classic food with very generous portions. Well done!

2  Thank lovefood242017

Dear lovefood242017,

Thank you very much for dining at Mandarin Grill. We’re delighted that your entire party enjoyed the food, atmosphere and service. Please don’t be a stranger and we look forward to welcoming you again in the near future.

Best regards,

Reviewed 16 September 2017

Dishes in Mandarin Grill always made me surprised. The food is delicious! Also, very nice ingredients mix and match --- grilled octopus, Scottish crab... - inspiring me to try to make them at home. Good that I have much more options in the a la carte menu than before. Wide selections in oysters and cheese too.
The equipment and the restaurant were well maintained, just like what I saw last time.
For the service part, I'm quite happy when servers recognized me. Thumb up!!! Attentive service -- the server asked if i need a hand bag stand; just feel like I'm a VIP hahaha.
Anyway, thank you so much for giving me a smooth and fantastic dining experience.

2  Thank KayleighCaron

Dear KayLeighCaron,

Thank you for dining at Mandarin Grill + Bar and for your positive review. We certainly appreciate the ‘thumbs up’ and delighted that you thoroughly enjoyed your overall experience. We look forward to seeing you again soon.