“Luxury personified”

Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Central
Reviewed 19 September 2017

If you want to really experience fine dining & totally spoil yourselves - this is a must.
Outstanding views, service & food - actually referring to the menu as food is an insult.
A total dining experience, with cuisine, presentation, to die for & a team of people, knowledgeable, attentive & helpful.
The wine list is out of this world and would take a week to read - highly recommend you allow the team to advise - they know their 'stuff', without suggesting the most expensive options !!
My experience was at Hong Kong, Queen's Road, Central.

Reviewed 18 September 2017

Perfection under any aspects, service, ambience and mostly the food. Incredible research in taste cobìmbinations perfectly blended. An awesome combination of wines with each of the 12 courses. Sublime, one of the best I've ever eaten. 7/5.

Reviewed 17 September 2017

dinner is a chain of well prepared beautifully presented dishes, with an abundance of exquisite ingredients.
most dishes tasted great, some were underwhelming.
tends more to the classic, than the innovative.
the decor is impressive - dark modern and cool, more like a bar than a fine dining restaurant you would find in europe.
service was exceptional - especially headwaiter DAVID who was both extremely attentive, but not stuck-up. knew when to be attentive and when to have a laugh.
highly recommended

Reviewed 17 September 2017

This is a way overdue review that I meant to write for this restaurant. I went with my girlfriend to celebrate her birthday. This was my 3rd visit and everytime when I come I am always impressed by their food. Jason was our server this time and he is so friendly, detail oriented and knowledgeable that made this dining experience excellent. I was asking him about difference of ingredients and recommendations and he was able to answer all my questions. He made sure my table is always clean and my glass is always full. Food was prepared right in front of you (I sat at the bar which looks directly into the kitchen) and I was very entertained by that. I was greedy by ordering a 5 course meal but I ended up over-stuffing myself. 3 course is perfect. This visit had set such a high bar that made my dining experience at the Robuchon in Macau subpar. I highly recommended this restaurant.

1  Thank bundan
Reviewed 15 September 2017

Please note that Joel Robuchon as always bean a source of inspiration for me as a synonym of food quality, innovation and "gourmandise "
I did try few of his restaurants "L'atelier de Joel Robuchon " during the past few years ( Las Vegas & Singapore 2 times) I also did an internship at "L'atelier de Joel Robuchon " in Monaco in 2006

I had, as usual, high expectations for the one in Hong Kong since I heard that M Robuchon was particularly proud of it.
My wife and I wanted to do something exceptional for her 39th birthday anniversary so we came to HK for the weekend and primary to have dinner at l'atelier.

In Europe a 3 star Michelin is known as reflecting " the ultimate food quality experience"

Unfortunately that was not the case about our dinner at l'Atelier

We both took the "Menu Decouverte" since we wanted to experience the maximum of dishes

- Basically all dishes were presented in basic porcelain plate and did not reflect " the genius innovation style of Robuchon" that I experience before in his other restaurants.
- The bread quality was not up to the standard I expected....so many type of average bread... however, the french baguette was very good .
- The service was good and attentive but the timing between each course, was at the beginning of our evening between 30 and 35 minutes ... which was very long and killed the momentum of the dinner.
I would have expected a average of 20 minutes between each course as we do in other high end restaurants. We did mentioned it to our server, then the next course came in less than 10 minute... which was too quickly then
- the scampi (langoustine) we both add, was mushy and had no texture at all ( It looked to me like death scampi or not a healthy one...) the bisque was very good
- The pan fried foie gras was over cooked and did not taste high quality foie gras like it should be in a 3 star michelin. ( it looked and tasted to me like "pre slice frozen foie gras Rougie" )
- The dish that we were the most disappointed with was the fish (Amadai) that fish just tasted horribly bad... difficult to describe , but for sure no pleasure at all with this product.
- The avocado roll w crab and caviar was also a deception ( very nice execution and presentation w fresh quality product ) but the avocado slice was so thick w strong flavor of lemon which almost killed the delicate taste of the crab and we could hardly feel the caviar taste.( why call the name of the dish " Caviar Imperial" then?
- the Wagyu beef was good "not exceptional" and served w a very strong and too salty chicken sauce. Edemame was the side dish....the potato puree was good as usual
- My favorite cousre was the Saint -Jacque which was also over cook unfortunately ! but we could taste the quality of the product
- I lilke the desserts especially "l'abricot"
- we ordered a cheese plate which was excellent!

this being said , we did have a good evening ! but really it was not worth the US$ 1000 we spent.

I will be less excited in the future to talk about " l'Atelier de Joel Robuchon" as one of the best restaurant in the world as I feel the importance of the cuisine and the products has changed and not for the best.