“Glad I found it!”

Aberdeen Street Social
Reserve with OpenTable
Aberdeen Street Social is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #201 of 10,368 Restaurants in Hong Kong
Price range: US$19 - US$128
Cuisines: Contemporary, British
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Sheung Wan
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Due to a pathetic sense of direction, it took a little while to find this gem. Underneath a unit complex (I think) this restaurant has a slick operation. Looks as if everything appears without effort - clearly not. Asking that the butter on the lobster not be garlic butter was not an issue, and it was delivered pre-cracked so that it was super easy to extract the meat. A great dish! Paired with a great wine or two and all delivered with skill the Aberdeen Street Social was impressive.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We were given a table immediately, staff were attentive. After reading reviews here we decided to get the pastrami sandwich. Did not disappoint. It was absolutely amazing - super generous with the pastrami, the flavours all worked together.

The atmosphere was really nice too.

We tried to go again the next day but sadly it was having some work done, I assume for a private function later that night. When we return to HK we will be coming back here and ordering the pastrami sandwich again.

Reviewed 8 March 2018 via mobile

Very special place: ex integrated residence for local police, right in the middle of Central, this place has been transformed in commercial areas and the social club has been transformed into a restaurant. You can eat indoors or outdoors. Nothing grand as such, and everything very l good at the same time...which is what makes this place special to me: Central HK can sometimes be overwhelming for being too much about brands and "high end" stuff; this protected space at human scale is splendid to spend an excellent evening with friends. Well done

Reviewed 7 March 2018 via mobile

If you can understand the inarticulate phone reservation staff and pay no mind to the disinterested hostess at arrival, you are likely to enjoy the food and nice decor.

Its just that when you pay these prices you expect a certain level of service that is clearly lacking ...until you are seated and the wait service finally has a chance to step in and help you forget how bad the experience of reservations and arrival has been

The waiters are professional, knowledgeable and finally make you feel welcome.

The food is delicious but pricey.

Reviewed 14 February 2018 via mobile

I've been there to have a brunch with my friend. When I get there, receptionist didn't care about us and also had sulky face. Even server was not professional enough.
After seated on table, we ordered egg benedict and steak.
I love egg benedict so I have it million times in many places. But it was the most worst egg benedict that I ever had. English muffin on the bottom was almost like rock even I couldn't cut it by knife. I requested to change it but the manager said they couldn't do it. Even he didn't say any apologize to us. The steak was too dry and not enough veggie on side as well. We left almost everything and went oolaa to have better food with good service.
It was really terrible choice to have nice sunday brunch.
Never ever want to go back again.