“One of the best things that I ate in HK”
Review of Little Bao

Little Bao
Ranked #14 of 9,408 Restaurants in Hong Kong
Price range: US$1 - US$3
Dining options: After-hours
Neighbourhood: Sheung Wan
Description: The original bao was the braised pork belly, shiso leek salad and sesame dressing. Since then, the bao has become the center stage and works as a vessel for all things delicious. Our menu spans Asian influences, small sharing plates and continually changes with the season. We source high-quality poultry, pork and beef with no growth hormones or antibiotics. We love our local produce and you'll find a lot of vegetables on our menu. We also offer a focused liquor program with hand-picked spirits, beers and wines from around the world.
Reviewed 22 September 2017

We had the chicken bao and pork belly bao, truffle fries, followed by ice cream bao for dessert. Throw some awesome cocktails and and we were in heaven.This is a very casual place, great friendly service, and food is to die for. We came here for a late lunch on the weekend and were seated straightaway. Highly recommended!

Reviewed 21 September 2017 via mobile

Little Bao is definitely worth visiting. The share plates and baos are delicious and I loved sitting by the bar/along the kitchen as they prepared my meal.
The atmosphere was great, music was awesome, service was quick and helpful!

Reviewed 10 September 2017

Small, bar seating, great fun and fantastic food.

The bao's are brilliant, cannot recommend them enough but don't miss the share plates as these are just as good - we tried the dumplings, hot chicken and truffle fries and all were superb street food style dishes. The service is also top notch and fun - we were really well looked after. If you can grab a seat at the bar so you can watch the food and drink prep I would recommend it.

Had a ball here and would thoroughly recommend.

Reviewed 7 September 2017 via mobile

Tiny hole in the wall restaurant. Busy and not a lot of seats so your lucky if you get in. Great service and delicious bao. We didn't try anything else.

Reviewed 4 September 2017 via mobile

It was almost 11pm when I walked in. With a drunken starving stomach, I was dying to fill it with food.
I opened the sliding door, peek into the diner and asked, do you still serve food… the staff anxiously said, you can come in but we will be calling out for last order soon.
I ordered 3 dishes without much thinking.
Smoked Eggplant Salad
Pork Belly Bao
Szechuan Fried Chicken Bao
The Smoked Eggplant Salad is delicious. It has been broiled or cooked and cooled. The toppings is a little tangy and spicy thanks to the chili and garlic. There’s a great pile of cilantro on it too. I guess it is a dish for anyone who worry about garlicky breath and cilantro.
I was too hungry when I stuffed myself with the Pork Belly Bao… I almost forgot how it tasted. I found it a little bit fatty to my liking.
As for the Szechuan Fried Chicken Bao, it is quite exciting. I find the Szechuan mayo and the Chinese vinegar dressing a delight and helps to cut down on the grease from the fried chicken.
Overall I am very impressed of what they offered. It’s a nice little Chinese fusion place with a twist.
The bill set me back to HKD 318 including a sparkling mineral water. I’d go again.