“HORRIBLE, THEY CHARGED ME TWICE AND REFUSE TO REFUND”

Bridal Tea House Hotel Yau Ma Tei
Ranked #290 of 726 Hotels in Hong Kong
Reviewed 2 May 2017

What a Horrible experience I am living because of this Hotel, first the day I left they charged me again when they got already the payment at the beginning and I am having to fill a police report because even tho the bank statement is clear, they refuse to admit it, I got them to tell me they will refund and after 25 days I am still waiting, I contacted them and they say they won't give me my money back!! Money that they took without my permission, Second I had to use Mandarin to do things at the hotel and such expensive room, a minimal space with disgusting cleaning service, my mum and sister got such a bad time moving around the room and I had to ask the service (again in mandarin) to clean properly. Internet worked for 30 minutes and you had to connect again and again to a poor signal that was hard to catch. I am a foreigner and lucky for me I live in Hong Kong, but if you value your money, space and comfort avoid all of Bridal Tea House around Hong Kong and Guangdong.

Room Tip: Just don't come here, rooms give to a poor local area with strong smells of fried oil
  • Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family
BTHHK, Guest Relations Manager at Bridal Tea House Hotel Yau Ma Tei, responded to this reviewResponded 4 May 2017

Dear Valued Guest,

Greetings from Bridal Tea House Hotel Hong Kong! My sincerest apologies for the delayed response. Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the Bridal Tea House Hotel. I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations and please allow me to express my sincerest apologies. At Bridal Tea House Hotel, we strive to provide a superior service experience for every customer; therefore your feedback is very important to us. Please rest assured that we are taking the appropriate measures to address the problem and prevent a future occurrence. We appreciate you sharing your concerns, and it is our hope that you will give us the opportunity to better serve you in the near future.

Reviewed 4 April 2017

Everything you need are there and all things are clean. The location is good and very near to MTR Yau Ma Tei and have many convenience store around. The bad thing is the room size is super small and the breakfast are the same for everyday. If you are just need a hotel to sleep then it is a good choice for you.

Room Tip: Recommend traveller not to take the breakfast as the type is the same everyday
  • Stayed: March 2017, travelled as a couple
BTHHK, Guest Relations Manager at Bridal Tea House Hotel Yau Ma Tei, responded to this reviewResponded 9 April 2017

Dear Valued Guest,

Warm Greeting from Bridal Tea House Hotel Hong Kong!

We look forward to having the pleasure of serving you in the near future.

Henry

Reviewed 29 March 2017

2 minutes walk frm Yau Ma Tei MTR stn exit C.circle k, eateries,night market every night just downstairs and right in front of the hotel. booked the twin room with 2 single bed ,Rooms AND bathroom are small but that’s Hong Kong average accommodation.Bed for fortunately are comfortable. you can place your luggage (21 inch) in the under bed drawer or behind near the door. Reception staff were pleasant and helpful.we arrived around 12++,they were able to let us for early check in... becoz the rooms are ready of coz... the location was great,we could just walk over to Mongkok... the room was well cleaned every day and the sheets and pillow cases replaced if its dirty.. Airport Bus stop right in front of china bank just right at the corner.. would recommend if you are on a tight budget.

Room Tip: This twin room comes with 2 single beds for more comfort if you dont want to squeeze in a small bed...
  • Stayed: March 2017, travelled with friends
BTHHK, Guest Relations Manager at Bridal Tea House Hotel Yau Ma Tei, responded to this reviewResponded 3 April 2017

Dear Valued Guest,
Warm Greeting from Bridal Tea House Hotel Hong Kong! My sincerest apologies for the delayed response. We are delighted to receive your review, and especially pleased to read your kind words about our hotel service and location. We are eager to provide the comfortable stay and pleasant experience to our guests, your valuable words would be the key to drive us sustainable and success. Please notify us when you plan your next trip to Hong Kong and we will try our best to make your stay more pleasant and comfortable. We look forward to having the pleasure of serving you in the near future.

Reviewed 29 March 2017

We thought the location was great, outside of building is nothing great but entrance and reception has been redone. Rooms are small, bathroom is tiny, just room for one, and you had to go in sideways to sit on the toilet due to the basin being so close, we are small framed. We had breakfast included everyday though after the first day we didn't bother going back, you got served a small scrambled eggs and hot dog sausages and processed ham. Reception staff aren't friendly, don't acknowledge you but when approached were pleasant and helpful enough.due to the size of the room would only recommend staying for 1 night 2 tops.

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 29 March 2017 via mobile

Stayed here for 2 nights in Twin bed room, for business traveling. We choose this hotel because it was very near with MTR station Yau Ma Tei, strategic enough because the tourist area are still in walking-distance, lots of restaurants & shops around. The hotel location was just 2-3 minutes walk behind the yau ma tei station.

The reception was spacious, if guests needed to put their bag first before check in/out. Checking in was easy, 5 min and we get into the room, they even lend us power socket to use in our room. The hotel was actually in the next building, to go to the hotel room we must enter from the restaurant beside the building. There are only 1 lift with capacity of 4 people + bags, for 5 floor building.

The room was very tight, twin beds near each other not less than half meters. Slim cupboard with mirror and refrigerator below. The bathroom was not too narrow, with sink, toilet, and shower room. But the most important thing is that everthing looks clean & comfortable. Enough for just sleep and prepare yourself in the morning.

The wall are quite thin, because our room was next to the connection stairs to the next building, we can hear when people are just coming back from drinking late at night. But the noises are still tolerable.

We stayed here for two nights, breakfast was always the same. The server give you a plate of bread & butter, 2 sausage, 2 ham, a small cup of beans & salad in the side. The restaurant was small, with just 4 table of 4, so you must share with others, or else queue for table if it's full. They also prepared some tea & coffe, cake, spaghetti and salad in their small buffet area (but it doesn't taste that good).

Overall everything was acceptable and I'm glad they clean up the room everyday. So even though the space was very small, as long as it clean I don't mind. The breakfast can be boring if you stay here for more than 2 days. Receptionist was not too friendly, but not rude, so i think that was still normal for hongkong people. Especially when there are too many people on the reception area waiting to be served, you must be patient to queue because there are only one receptionist who handle it all.

There's one very crowded restaurant next to it, it serves some kind of hot pot meals. The queues are insane, can be like 5 meters long at dinner time, and a lot of it was local people. So one time we tried eating there when the queues are not too long, at 11 pm. But we didn't like it, we order chicken & duck hot pot, but that was bland & tasteless. Anyway, don't worry about foods, there are plenty restaurants and food stands nearby.

Stayed: February 2017, travelled with friends