All reviews fire alarm toilet door place to stay good size hong mtr kok
Reviewed 16 April 2017

Negative Rating Applicable.

Your worst nightmare on a Holiday. Vacations are supposed to be fun and this place takes it all away in the most cruel way possible.

Right from the word go, this Hotel is a total 'No'
We stayed here for 4 nights. The rooms are small, as expected in Hong Kong, so that's ok, no complaints there, but the Hospitality is horrible.

1. Start from checking in, no assistance with baggage.
2. Their understanding of English is abysmal, rather the entire staff doesn't even want to understand you. Even if you write it down on paper in clear English, they just nod sideways and refuse to acknowledge you.
3. Vegetarians stay away. This hotel is not for you, Gujarati / Jains, absolutely not, DO NOT BOOK this Hotel.
4. Breakfast was a piece of Bun. Beans in Tomato Sauce, some greens and 2 pieces of cherry tomatoes. Hot Water / Coffee / Orange juice.
NO Milk, No Cereal / Corn Flakes / No Dessert / Sweets.
Also, they served the exact same breakfast every day. EVERYDAY.
They asked us to get our own Milk / Cereal and other foods from nearby shops like 7-Eleven / Circle K.
5. They even refused to provide us with Ice Cubes initially behaving as if they don't understand us and later saying that they don't provide ice. They even had the audacity of asking us to buy ICE from 7-Eleven. Buy our own ICE ?
6. On the day of check-out, we were out since morning, and forgot that our itinerary mentioned a 11:30 am checkout failing which we'd have to pay a fine of 100 HK$ per room. When we reached back at our hotel at around 1:30 pm, the person at the Reception yelled at me and said that I was supposed to check-out at 11:30 and I did'nt. She said she'd fine me per room. I said 'OK', let me go check with the Tour Planner / Itinerary, and if it's our mistake, we will pay the fine. But she still kept repeating herself in an angry tone and kept yelling that she'd fine me. Which place in the history of hotels deals with it's guests like that ? I mean who yells at their guests when they say that they will oblige if they are at fault ?
7. Their house keeping staff was cleaning our rooms when we got back at that time on the last day, and they wouldn't move out constantly speaking in their local language and yelling at us saying checkout, checkout. They wouldn't even allow us in our rooms to sort our baggage!
8. Best of all, on the last day, they refused to give us empty plates and spoons to eat our own food. Then we asked them if we could use their restaurant to eat our own food, and they refused for that too. I understand a hotel's policy of not allowing outside food, but when they just cannot provide us and kind of vegetarian food, and when their own manager asks us to get our own breakfast to the restaurant every day, I failed to understand their arrogance and inhumane behavior.
9. The receptionist lady asked us to eat outside on the street and leave. And when we got late due to all these arguments, she had the audacity of threatening us by saying tht she'd fine us 500 HK$ per room if we didn't vacate before 2;30 pm. All this while she took away an hour of our time harassing us.
10. Every hotel in this world, informs you about checkout times a day prior or reminds you on the final day, a couple of hours beforehand. All hotels also extend your stay for a few hours on request, if they do not have other guests waiting to occupy the rooms. These folks wanted us to eat on the streets!
11. Finally after a lot of requests and speaking with their manager, we got to sit inside their restaurant, where their staff person picked up all the cutlery in a hurried manner and in a very disrespectful way, pointing to us that we could eat there, but we couldn't use their plates / spoons.

All we wanted to do was to leave and never ever go back to this stupid excuse of an hotel. I hope, that they change and improve their hospitality else they will be sidelined in to obsolescence.

Don't take my word for all this, I even spoke with the manager while leaving and asked them to pull up the CCTV cam feeds and check for themselves.

RIP Bridal Tea House

Room Tip: Do Not Book Here
  • Stayed: April 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank Shah R
BTHHK, Guest Relations Manager at Bridal Tea House Hotel (To Kwa Wan), responded to this reviewResponded 19 April 2017

Dear Valued Guest,
Greetings from Bridal Tea House Hotel Hong Kong! My sincerest apologies for the delayed response. Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the Bridal Tea House Hotel. I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations and please allow me to express my sincerest apologies. At Bridal Tea House Hotel, we strive to provide a superior service experience for every customer; therefore your feedback is very important to us. Please rest assured that we are taking the appropriate measures to address the problem and prevent a future occurrence. We appreciate you sharing your concerns, and it is our hope that you will give us the opportunity to better serve you in the near future.

Reviewed 15 April 2017

It was my worst choice to select this hotel. I had booked 4 rooms for 4 days from 11th to 15th April 2017 for my family coming from India and our experience there was pathetic.The hotel does not meet any international standards.
1. The hotel serves the same vegeterian brekfast(Bun,butter, beens, salad,tea/coffee/juice) for all the days and if we try to ask the staff even for milk or cornflakes(as we had a kid too), all they say is buy from Seven11. For all the four days of our stay we had to buy stuff for our own breakfast from outside. Worst is yet to come, We asked the staff for ice and we got the same response, "Buy from Seven11". I fail to understand what kind of an International hotel which has a restaurant inside cannot even provide ice to its guest?
2. The staff is extremetly rude and not at all helpful. I have statyed in a lot of hotels in Hong Kong and this hotel has the worst staff let me be very clear.
They start yelling at guest. They treat the guest as crap.
We had to check out at 11.30AM but we had to go out , so we checked out late, we were ready to pay the fine, but the moment we entered the hotel the receptionist at the gate started yelling at us. Add to that, that we went to our rooms to collect our luggage you cleaning staff was already inside and were not even allowing us to pack our luggage. Even after requesting them to do cleaning after we check out at 2.30PM they did not leave our rooms and did not even let us pack properly. Also when we had got our own lunch from outside(as the hotel serves no good edible vegeterian food) and we requested the hotel manager to allow us to just eat inside the restaurant area, before the managers reply the staff over there started yelling at us, they took away the spoons, forks and other stuff from the table as if we were robbers or we would take away their stuff. Is the way an International hotel should behave with their International guests?
3. We were charged 100HKD more for all the 4 rooms since we were late in checking out at 11.30 and we checked out at around 2.30 but by the actions of their cleaning staff, which were not letting us pack our stuff, we could only conclude that the main motive of the staff was to delay our check out so that they could charge us 500HKD per room as a fine.

I am seriously very dissappointed with the hotel. I will definitely like to talk to the senior management of their chain of hotels. They way their staff behaves with its guest is extremely untollerable and unacceptable. I would never recomend this hotels to any one.

Parth Shah,
An extremely dissapointed guest.

Room Tip: "Dont BOOK a room here"
  • Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank ParthS159

Reviewed 21 January 2017 via mobile

Stayed here for a night before Christmas last December 2016. The room is small but very clean and organized. I find it too far from the places that i wanted to go in hk though. But overall , I'd say this is a great small hotel.

Stayed: December 2016, travelled with friends
BTHHK, Guest Relations Manager at Bridal Tea House Hotel (To Kwa Wan), responded to this reviewResponded 23 January 2017

Warm Greeting from Bridal Tea House Hotel Hong Kong!

My sincerest apologies for the delayed response. We are delighted to receive your review, and especially pleased to read your kind words about our hotel service and location.
We are eager to provide the comfortable stay and pleasant experience to our guests, your valuable words would be the key to drive us sustainable and success.
Please notify us when you plan your next trip to Hong Kong and we will try our best to make your stay more pleasant and comfortable.

Reviewed 16 January 2017

Wonderful stay here for a week. Modern and beautiful city view out the room windows. Friendly hotel staff. Understand English. The room is very comfortable, very clean and more spacious compare to other budget hotels in Hong Kong. Really value for money. Location is very good, easy to find. Bus stops are just 5 mins walking distance. Many nice restaurants nearby. There is a 7-11 and a laundry shop just at the corner of the hotel. Many nice massage place nearby too. Not far from the hotel by bus. Definitely will stay here again on my next trip to Hong Kong.

Room Tip: Comfortable
  • Stayed: December 2016, travelled with friends

Reviewed 6 January 2017

We were disappointed by the service. The staff, except the manager, were very unfriendly. We didn't get dinner at the restaurant even though we reached 30 mins before closing time. Rooms are comfortable and located well.

• Stayed: May 2016, travelled with family
BTHHK, Guest Relations Manager at Bridal Tea House Hotel (To Kwa Wan), responded to this reviewResponded 8 January 2017