All reviews fire alarm toilet door place to stay good size hong mtr kok
Reviewed 25 July 2016

This is very much a low-cost option for those who are travelling alone on a budget. The rooms are small: in my room there were three beds but the room was really only big enough for one person. The beds and showers are in very good condition and the a/c works fine.

The hotel is situated very close to the former Kai Tak airport (now being converted into a Cruise terminal). It is not well served by the MTR (Hong Kong subway) but there are a lot of buses that stop very close by.

Stayed: July 2016
BTHHK, 客戶關係經理 at Bridal Tea House Hotel (To Kwa Wan), responded to this reviewResponded 30 July 2016

Dear Valued Guest,

Greetings from Bridal Tea House Hotel Hong Kong!

My sincerest apologies for the delayed response. Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the Bridal Tea House Hotel. I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations and please allow me to express my sincerest apologies.

At Bridal Tea House Hotel, we strive to provide a superior service experience for every customer; therefore your feedback is very important to us. Please rest assured that we are taking the appropriate measures to address the problem and prevent a future occurrence.

Suki

Reviewed 19 April 2016

We booked a "run of the house" twin and got a nice triple - flat screen tv was good size. Breakfast buffet was fine tho monotonous after 3 days - nice scrambled eggs, noodles, some vegetables.
The room was small and could have been much smaller. The location was walking distance to "walled city", but not much else.
A22 bus from airport, get off at stop 10, walk 350 m, for the return to airport only have to walk 250 m. Taxi's convenient - something like a cab stop w/ 3 or more cabs waiting about 1/2 block to the right.
It's not a fancy place, but great if you want a clean, cheap place to stay.
Elevator broke once, fire alarm one night at 2:00 a.m. or so. WiFi limited to one device per room, at least that's all we could get.

• Stayed: April 2016, travelled with family
BTHHK, 客戶關係經理 at Bridal Tea House Hotel (To Kwa Wan), responded to this reviewResponded 22 July 2016

Dear Valued Guest,

Greetings from Bridal Tea House Hotel Hong Kong!

Suki

Reviewed 15 March 2016

I really like this hotel, first because I booked a room at this hotel with 50% promo. It said to be a guest house but turns out to be a budget hotel... nice !
I choose double bed because it gave the same rate with single twin, while I travel solo. Turn out to get 1 additional single bed (thanks for the bonus), so the room is spacious enough for 2-3 people. Room is clean, AC and hot water works just fine, wifi is fast.
What I hate is how hard it is to find this hotel ! I asked so many people and they can't tell the nearest MTR station so I almost got lost. But I found the nearest is MTR Mongkok, and then you have to walk, for another 2-3km. Ha ! I asked 2 policemen and they gave me different direction, I had to enter McDonnald restaurant to get wifi to open maps and lead the direction. Ended to walk for another hour, maybe I better buy local SIM card for internet connection or download bus application, because the location is definitely bad to walk on foot from nearest MTR station. But I heard they build another MTR statin, hopefully will be close to this hotel.
But I must tank the staff who were very kind and helpful, and.. can speak English !

• Stayed: March 2016, travelled solo
BTHHK, marketing at Bridal Tea House Hotel (To Kwa Wan), responded to this reviewResponded 16 March 2016

Warm Greeting from Bridal Tea House Hotel Hong Kong!

My sincerest apologies for the delayed response. We are delighted to receive your review, and especially pleased to read your kind words about our hotel service and location.
We are eager to provide the comfortable stay and pleasant experience to our guests, your valuable words would be the key to drive us sustainable and success.
Please notify us when you plan your next trip to Hong Kong and we will try our best to make your stay more pleasant and comfortable.

Reviewed 26 December 2015

We stayed here for 3 nights in a standard room and they are both pros and cons for this hotel. First of all, the room is so tiny that it is almost too crowded for two people. Especially, when you open the bathroom door, make sure you wouldn't slam it into another person standing at the dressing table behind it. Although they have hot shower, but I couldn't have the water as warm as I like and the bathroom is so small that you have to cram into it just like in an aircraft lavatory. Another big cons (at least for me!) is the problem of sound. It seemed like the room has no sound proof and you could hear people chattering along outside aisle or even a sound of a morning alarm clock ringing from next door.
As for the pros, the breakfast is included and fairly decent. The hotel is located not that close but not too far from MRT station. There is also free wi-fi available and the staff can speak good English, though.

• Stayed: January 2015, travelled with friends
1  Thank Ammie P
BTHHK, marketing at Bridal Tea House Hotel (To Kwa Wan), responded to this reviewResponded 29 December 2015

Reviewed 12 November 2015

My wife joked about this as if it's a hourly rental love hotel. Let me explain: first there is the name, the Chinese equivalent is Red Tea House, so how is it bridal...hmm!

Secondly, the reception via a side door is a counter in the hallway in front of the sole elevator. Above the reception is a listing of the businesses on each of the 7 floors of this diminutive building (Hong Kong standard). The only floor that says Bridal Tea House is the top floor. The floor I stayed on--2nd, along with 4th are listed as The Wi Palace. I asked the nice man at the desk at the time what's up with the arrangement. I got an opaque "they are all the same, but under different managements". Huh!

Thirdly, they are licensed as a Guest House, not a Hotel, presumably with differing standards and regulations.

That said, this is a cheap and great alternative to all the seedy guest houses along Nathan Road and rooms in private homes. The room is clean, and wifi and AC work well. Satellite English Premier League football matches on a big screen in the restaurant on the ground floor.

The location is a little to be desired, but they are building a new MTR station right across the street, so it a few years, it'll be prime. In the mean time, download your KMB and your CityBus apps. They both provide GPS based real time route information, including cross-harbour tunnel routes. Don't leave home without it.

• Stayed: October 2015, travelled solo
1  Thank BrokenArrow02
BTHHK, marketing at Bridal Tea House Hotel (To Kwa Wan), responded to this reviewResponded 9 December 2015