All reviews fire alarm toilet door place to stay good size hong mtr kok
Reviewed 15 March 2016

I really like this hotel, first because I booked a room at this hotel with 50% promo. It said to be a guest house but turns out to be a budget hotel... nice !
I choose double bed because it gave the same rate with single twin, while I travel solo. Turn out to get 1 additional single bed (thanks for the bonus), so the room is spacious enough for 2-3 people. Room is clean, AC and hot water works just fine, wifi is fast.
What I hate is how hard it is to find this hotel ! I asked so many people and they can't tell the nearest MTR station so I almost got lost. But I found the nearest is MTR Mongkok, and then you have to walk, for another 2-3km. Ha ! I asked 2 policemen and they gave me different direction, I had to enter McDonnald restaurant to get wifi to open maps and lead the direction. Ended to walk for another hour, maybe I better buy local SIM card for internet connection or download bus application, because the location is definitely bad to walk on foot from nearest MTR station. But I heard they build another MTR statin, hopefully will be close to this hotel.
But I must tank the staff who were very kind and helpful, and.. can speak English !

• Stayed: March 2016, travelled solo
BTHHK, marketing at Bridal Tea House Hotel (To Kwa Wan), responded to this reviewResponded 16 March 2016

Warm Greeting from Bridal Tea House Hotel Hong Kong!

My sincerest apologies for the delayed response. We are delighted to receive your review, and especially pleased to read your kind words about our hotel service and location.
We are eager to provide the comfortable stay and pleasant experience to our guests, your valuable words would be the key to drive us sustainable and success.
Please notify us when you plan your next trip to Hong Kong and we will try our best to make your stay more pleasant and comfortable.

Reviewed 26 December 2015

We stayed here for 3 nights in a standard room and they are both pros and cons for this hotel. First of all, the room is so tiny that it is almost too crowded for two people. Especially, when you open the bathroom door, make sure you wouldn't slam it into another person standing at the dressing table behind it. Although they have hot shower, but I couldn't have the water as warm as I like and the bathroom is so small that you have to cram into it just like in an aircraft lavatory. Another big cons (at least for me!) is the problem of sound. It seemed like the room has no sound proof and you could hear people chattering along outside aisle or even a sound of a morning alarm clock ringing from next door.
As for the pros, the breakfast is included and fairly decent. The hotel is located not that close but not too far from MRT station. There is also free wi-fi available and the staff can speak good English, though.

• Stayed: January 2015, travelled with friends
1  Thank Ammie P
BTHHK, marketing at Bridal Tea House Hotel (To Kwa Wan), responded to this reviewResponded 29 December 2015

Reviewed 12 November 2015

My wife joked about this as if it's a hourly rental love hotel. Let me explain: first there is the name, the Chinese equivalent is Red Tea House, so how is it bridal...hmm!

Secondly, the reception via a side door is a counter in the hallway in front of the sole elevator. Above the reception is a listing of the businesses on each of the 7 floors of this diminutive building (Hong Kong standard). The only floor that says Bridal Tea House is the top floor. The floor I stayed on--2nd, along with 4th are listed as The Wi Palace. I asked the nice man at the desk at the time what's up with the arrangement. I got an opaque "they are all the same, but under different managements". Huh!

Thirdly, they are licensed as a Guest House, not a Hotel, presumably with differing standards and regulations.

That said, this is a cheap and great alternative to all the seedy guest houses along Nathan Road and rooms in private homes. The room is clean, and wifi and AC work well. Satellite English Premier League football matches on a big screen in the restaurant on the ground floor.

The location is a little to be desired, but they are building a new MTR station right across the street, so it a few years, it'll be prime. In the mean time, download your KMB and your CityBus apps. They both provide GPS based real time route information, including cross-harbour tunnel routes. Don't leave home without it.

• Stayed: October 2015, travelled solo
1  Thank BrokenArrow02
BTHHK, marketing at Bridal Tea House Hotel (To Kwa Wan), responded to this reviewResponded 9 December 2015

Reviewed 25 October 2015 via mobile

Lot of food choices, mostly meat, not expensive, older Hong Kong style western restaurant, I had a spaghetti in chicken soup, food quality is not bad, there is no Coke Light or Coke Zero. Know that there are super value set lunches on weekdays.

Stayed: October 2015, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 1 September 2015

I really enjoyed my stay at Bridal Tea house in Hong Kong...before you think I am crazy...please read on....This was not my first visit to HK....I lived and worked in HK from the late 1980's and many times throughout the 1990's...for a total of 5-6 years...during that time I stayed in very nice (and expensive hotels - that the company I worked for paid a lot of money) and lived in HK apartments....let me tell you about my apartment bed rooms...if you stretched your arms out...you could touch both walls....and when I laid in bed...my head and tip of my toes could touch the other wall....this is HK style...the land is so expensive that the rooms are very very small...even the expensive hotels were small by western standards. So please be ready for a small room almost anywhere you go in HK...Also, I was staying in Shanghai China when I made this visit to HK....My hotel in China was dirty (even when I asked them to give it a special cleaning) and the food was the same everyday and not very good or hot....the food at Bridal Tea hotel was hot and I thought very good....maybe after a month or so it would get tired....but was still good and fresh...btw, my room was always clean and neat....AND the young lady (I think her name was CK or KC....was very nice and helpful....and the two gentlemen were very nice and also helpful with how to find a bus and easily get to the MTR at TST...so, all in all....enjoy your time at Bridal Tea hotel.....it is clean, small, with great food and great price performance for HK....

PS The hotel is not in walking distance to the Nathan Road area....but it is easy and cheap to find a bus or mini-bus and not real expensive for a taxi...

Room Tip: Stayed on 7th floor...very nice room and view of the old Kai Tak airport...
  • Stayed: July 2015, travelled with friends