“Exceptional food, worst service.”

Passion by Gerard Dubois
Ranked #2 of 65 Quick Bites in Hong Kong
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Breakfast
Neighbourhood: Wan Chai / Causeway Bay
Reviewed 23 April 2018 via mobile

I’ll split this into two parts: the food and the service.

The food: absolutely delicious. Unsure if I’ve had anything better for breakfast on the island. The pastry and coffee are just marvellous. If there was an option, I’d give 10 stars. The chefs are truly amazing at this place.

The service: awful. Staff are borderline rude. With 9! people behind the counter, it took nearly 8 minutes for us to place the order. Everyone seems to be doing their best to avoid the eye contact, pretending being busy and ignoring people in front.
Seriously, nine people and no “hello, we will be with you in a moment” or so. Although, I must admit that service in HK is crap in general. Never have I seen anyone, over the course of 6 days I’ve spent in HK, simply being polite behind the counter. A security guard at a shopping mall has better manners.

Would definitely recommend the food!

Date of visit: April 2018
1  Thank timsV9711BS

Reviewed 9 April 2018 via mobile

Outstanding quality. Illy coffee was perfectly prepared, smiling kind bartenders and in Langham Place Mall the modern open-space architecture is a pleasure of the eyes. But the pastry with apricots surpassed every expectation. I'll be back soon. Definitely recommended.

Date of visit: April 2018
Reviewed 1 April 2018 via mobile

Every time I come back to HK, Passion will definitely be something I will not skip visiting. Came here for a mid afternoon snack and it was oh so good with their cappuccino and pulled pork pizza. Cooked to perfection with so much passion! Yummy!! Good for all ages! Don’t forget to order their Creme Brûlée!

Reviewed 23 March 2018

I am always looking for real artisanal bread and this place does not disappoint. Some of the larger specialty loaves are sold by the gram which is different than how you buy bread in the US but it allows you to buy as much or as little of the loaf as you want. Their Pain au Levain is delicious. I can't say enough about their baguettes which have a lovely crust and soft, chewy inside.
The deli selection is very appealing and health conscious customers have a great selection.
Ravi is very helpful and always has a smile on his face when helping customers.
I plan to go back soon for the chocolat chaud I've heard so much about. Can't wait to try it!
Definitely recommend this place. It's worth the wait in line!

Reviewed 8 March 2018

We were pleasently surprised at the great coffees that we got all over Hong Kong. I guess we shouldn't be, as it was explained to us that Hong Kong people appreciate the best food as this is how they enjoy life. This place also had great coffee, and lovely lovely salads! Their sandwiches and pastries looked nice too. We went here for some plain tasting food.